The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Anyone Else Feel Uneasy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone Else Feel Uneasy?
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 01:31 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Im not just talking about the nut jobs like Iraq and North Korea. But the world.

Russia is selling enriched Uranium and missles to Iran. They are threatening Europe for letting us put in missle defense systems.

China is so secretive. They shot an old satellite out of the air recently for no appearant reason. Posturing? Showing us or telling us what they CAN do?

Iran already said they want to destroy us and Israel.

North Korea wants to kill someone. However, theres a good chance they could set it off on the launch pad and commit suicide as dumb as they are.

Theres no doubt were in the start of WWIII. No doubt in my mind anyhow. The news is depressing. It seems everyone in the world is shook up and Im not real sure why?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else felt uneasy.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 01:33 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that was my post #1000!!

Do I get a prize LB?

Yeah, here:  -

[ June 05, 2007, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Andy

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 05:37 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy; my pard up in Phoenix, whom I graduated with and still remain close with, told me long ago, to just "unplug".
He likened his brain to the hard drive on a computer,and told me he only has so much space to hold information on. So, about five years ago, he quit paying attention to most all news sources, no reading the paper, no watching news, only the occasional listen to the radio, and he swore by NPR....go figure?
He claims his life is much more relaxing now, with the only information scratched on his hard drive being family matters, his love of hunting and firearms, and a bit left for what he needs at work.
All this, not from a blithering idiot....but from the absolute, smartest man Ive ever known,or been associated with.
I tried to take his advice a few years ago, but just can't seem to cut the ties with my favorite Fox news, Im an addict, and I freely admit it, but the way things are going, I might have to explore the idea once again.

[ June 05, 2007, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Az-Hunter ]

Posts: 1631 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 06:17 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy
I think Vic may be on to something,I checked out for about 5 days and went up north just to hang out in the weeds .I told my wife that I was not going to adjust the sattelite for T.V.(in r.v.) and was not going to catch any radio news ,short of a little music around the campfire at night I was cut off. When I returned to work on tues. I had this unfamiliar sense of well being. I too am a news junkie I dont think its good for me as most of what disturbs me cant be influenced by me.just powerless in situations not related to myself my family or my work.
PM

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 06:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but thank God for FOXNews. Otherwise, we would be being spoon fed on CBS or CNN. I am also mildly impressed by some of the editorials on USA Today. If not Conservative, at least they are sometimes fair and ballanced.

NPR? Something's wrong with that smart guy, Vic!

And, yes, those rag heads are going to drag the whole world into a war, if we aren't careful. It just might end up to be close to what GWB said, in the beginning: If you aren't with us, you are against us. Some of these Countries will rue the day they flddlefuked around with terrorists. Eventually, we will have to kick ass and take names. Starting with the New Yawk Times.

Good hunting. LB

PS Damn, I wish I lived in a BLUE STATE!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 04:00 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I listen to Fox News, more than watch, quite a bit. If Im working in the house, I have it on. I also listen in the car if driving alone quite a bit.

I dont know if I could unplug, Vic. Sounds like a great idea. Just dont know if I could do it.

--------------------
Andy

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 12:36 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Now Syria and Israel are building troops and putting up missles toward each other.

Its gettin ready to bust loose.

Did they not get the message that Pelosi delivered that Israel was ready for peace talks? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Andy

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 05:48 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Syria is a lot like you and I, and doesn't beleive any of the crap that come out of Pelosi's mouth.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Joe Manes
Knows what it's all about
Member # 686

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 11:37 PM      Profile for Joe Manes   Email Joe Manes         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, I'm not uneasy.
Posts: 31 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2007 06:51 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like Iran backed Hamas is firmly in control of Gaza now. That would be right on Israels doorstep.

The big bangs about to take place. Im thinkin weeks or maybe days now, not months.

--------------------
Andy

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters