The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Foxpro makes another great idea a reality! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Foxpro makes another great idea a reality!
coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 09:19 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Foxpro will offer "FOX Bang" it will work on tx-500 remote callers and will ship standard on their 2 new models, will be available for other units having TX 500 remote.

You set your preset 1 sound and when you shoot it responds by automaticly playing that sound on preset 1 at the preset volume level!!!! No need to take your eye away from the line of sight and on doubles or triple coyotes I see this as a great idea. You shoot coyote #1 and 2 and or 3 will instantly hear coyote pup in distress or any other sound you put into preset bank #1.

I will have this feature installed on my cs-24's when available, price to retro fit is not yet avilable, but should be reasonable?

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 12:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
My Gawd!!!! They've made a call with 'The Clapper' (as seen on TV) installed. Probably a good idea but it's kind of sad to see technology replacing skill with a call. <sigh>

And no............I'm NOT down on FoxPro; I own & have been known to use an old 416.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 02:58 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
At risk of drawing fire, I have to agree, Koko. I am a Minaska MAD guy, and I see the merit in the FoxBANG feature, but how far do we dumb this game down and still call someone a coyote hunter? Hell, my e-callers have features on them now that I don't use. Too old school, I guess. If my caller had a digital clock on it, I'm pretty sure it would blink 12:00 all the time. LOL

In the end, it's an interesting feature and I applaud the Dillons for their innovation. As for me? I can walk and talk at the same time and don't need all the crutches to help me get the job done. For those that do... have at it and have fun.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 04:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be kinda nice if my machine could fry some bacon and eggs. You can't throw yourself under the wheels of progress, Lance.

Right now, my caller can sign on to my Facebook page with every shot, with updates and a YouTube uplink. I mean I don't know how to utilize it, but the machine has that app built in. How cool is that? It's just nice to have; ya know?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 04:20 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
There are many features that I don't use, but this is one that simply makes alot of sense. If you have a double in and shoot the first one whats the first thing you do? Doesn't matter even if you are a hand caller, you hammer on the old ki yi and try to get the other coyote(s) to stop. Makes a ton of sense to not have to look down or hit the remote.

Trust us Lance, We're glad your a MAD fan! But you do seem to try to dig at FoxPro every chance you get.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 05:13 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
After I shoot, I want my CS24 to automatically say, go get that dead coyote Mike, an then reply yessur Mr. Dan
IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 05:55 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
How about a feature where at the sound of the shot, a chorus of voices loudly proclaim "DAMN FINE SHOT!!!!!!" with the onset of End-Zone Dance music. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 06:10 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, You can load any sound or song you want to play at the sound of the shot. Your pick!

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 08:44 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Well... at least FoxPro vs The World comes off as a more interesting read than Andy Vs Tim. [Roll Eyes]

Lord and pygmies and all that. [Big Grin]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 10:07 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is a great idea too. I don't own an e-caller but slap the guy on the back that thought this one up.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2010 11:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Is a 17Predator loud enough to activate this feature? Just asking!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 03:24 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Do we know how extensively this has been tested?

I am just curious as to the results...

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 06:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's been my experiance that FoxPro makes pretty good stuff, and when there is a problem, they stand behind it & make it right. Your mileage may vary.

--------------------

Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 06:20 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Foxbang is adjustable from small calibres to large.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 06:54 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I can just hear the foxpro with this feature around a guy using an AR,....callin' along with vitals ala jack .....coyotes come bang....ki yi's then bang ala jack, then bang...ki yi's, bang.. jack, bang ki, bang jac...bang k..bang ja..bang ..ki yi....and so on and so on!!

Or does it only work one way..bang to ki yi and stays there?

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 07:06 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
I asked Mike if he could make a CS24 do this last November. He said no problem.
I have not sent my call in yet for the upgrade, but I will.
Glad to see Foxpro offer this feature as standard on some of the ecalls.

Stay after them
Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 08:49 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Now what is Clint gonna do all day ?
sorry! Pard couldnt resist!

Actually very cool feature.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 09:01 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is a 17Predator loud enough to activate this feature? Just asking!
Proably not Leonard, also what about the guys that are useing suppressures??
Its a good idea though but you don't need to respond with a coyote in distress right after the shot, you can play it a few minutes later and still have results..
And what happens if Koko lets a big fart ripp on stand while a coyote is comeing in??? [Wink]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 09:51 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If the coyote is downwind when I fart......it dies a terrible death. [Eek!]

--------------------

jwelk
Member # 2051

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 11:25 AM      Profile for jwelk   Email jwelk         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it will be a good thing to have on a call.Might as well take advantage of technology.
Posts: 51 | From: oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 01:13 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I want mine to play the battle hymn of the republic, just in case there are any of them illegals about. I like to watch em run.
IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 01:17 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Using a pup in distress or the coyote death cry upon shooting the male durring denning season which a high majority is the first coyote in, will add to the pile No doubt and again not having to worry about it and making a good second shot will be great, no head movement and stay on the rifle and shotgun I see it as a positive and inovative technology.

Tim how many are using suppersors? Next all depends on how senstive FOX Bang is as even a suppressed center fire still makes noise, far more than a .22 rimfire, so hard to tell but for the majority it will be an added advantage. I guess another one of those bells and whistles Ol' Bill never thought of LOL!

Doesn't matter fox bang or E call or high quaility sounds one still has to be in the correct area, have a good setup and be able to shoot under pressure to do well at calling, so I don't see this as something eroding away calling. Hand calls will always have a place and time in calling, but just another tool in the tool box, which was a great idea IMO.

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 02:30 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tim how many are using suppersors?
They are not allowed here but in S.D. I know a hand full of guys useing them and more popping up around the country where legal. It seems to be the newest fad going on if you got the cash for the suppressor and the lic. to have it.
Is the sound sensor in the remote or is it installed in the caller?? If in the caller I guess they could sit closer to the caller so it can pick up the sound to trigger it..

[ June 06, 2010, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 03:16 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, Cal, I'll bite.

Just how many times have I taken digs at Foxpro? I can recall one, which wasn't really a dig, as you call it. And, Mike and I settled the miscommunication over that shortly after I made my remarks. Other than that, I don't recall saying anything bad about them.

So, again, you suggest that I hit Mike and Steve and their product at every turn.

Any evidence to back that up?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2010 03:28 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Elbee, screw the YouTube. My Ultimate One logs on after every shot to my facebook page and lets everyone knows I shot at something. Now, if I can only get it to quit talking trash on me when I miss...

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters