The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » What call is right for you ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What call is right for you ?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2005 09:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Using HM bandwidth for such disgusting topics! Danny, did you see the TP before you used the sniff test, or the taste test? At least your quarry was well prepared, but had no "cat" genes, or he would have buried it, eh?

Anyway, your hunting days are almost over, pal. With the number of daughters you already have on the ground, you need to start saving ALL your spare change for those weddings. I know something about that subject, $.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31495 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Knows what it's all about
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2005 05:13 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
My calls & Ratings; Rating (1-10) 10=Excellent

Johnny Stewart Song Dog 10
Primos Still Cottin-Tail Rabbit 8
Faulks Predator Call (P60A) 10+
Haydell Government Cottin-tail 8
Tally-Ho 9
Crit'R Call (Standard & Pee-Wee) 10+
TTEbbe Custom Antler (Raspy caller) 10+

[ May 10, 2005, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: 2dogs ]

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2005 08:42 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
2 Dogs

I have 4 of the above calls you named..2 i have used..The standard critter and the Tally ho.

Both are excelent calls..As a call maker i am very fond of my own..I don't sale calls,i just enjoy making them..I make what fits my own taste of what a call should sound like..I just finished up a neon orange double open reed call today..I named it "the double hammer neon"I can slide my teeth up all the way on the reeds and do group puppy howls or 1/3 the way up and do cat fighting sounds..I made a neon howler a couple weeks ago..These calls are slow for me to make..They are hand made using plastics..These will make good night hunting calls if i should drop one"the color neon" realy sticks out when a light is flashed on it..Later i may post a picture of some of my calls and a 55 pound coyote i killed.

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2005 03:52 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin,

I admire artistry & ingenuity. Art runs in my family as well(natural born, drawer's & painters that is). This is something I have seen in All of you call-makers. I could admire them (your calls)all day long..(Not to mention, they facinate me because, it ties into predator-huntin).

I'll probably tinker into it(call-making) later, this summer as well. I've known & read about some of the old-time call-makers & callers, many years ago.

Just around a 1 1/2yrs ago, did I decided to give it (callin)a try. Glad I did, as this has given me the opportunity to continue. What passion I have for these animals. Not to mention, it gets me out into the field.

I truely enjoy matching my skills & experience against some of the smartest mammals on Earth. I don't know what your huntin territory looks like. But if you ever have the opportunity. Try spot/stalking coyotes in the winter snow. It is very fun & quite challenging to say the least. Especially if the snow is "loud"

[ May 11, 2005, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: 2dogs ]

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Swampbird
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2005 11:54 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Since the e-callers and mouthcalls both have their place, I carry both the Foxpro 416 w/Remote and Verminator's Thumper & Tweety on my Reese's No-Noise 2-call/remote braided lanyard.
Have some closed-reed and open-reed calls, but these go hunting.
Foxpro, Thumper, Tweety and Remote:
 -

IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2005 02:39 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Rick P.is one funny guy!..Those 2 calls are realy good,the long range tweety works very well also..I see he has a double reed called "syco tweety".I'll have to buy that one and try it out..I collect calls to..Mostly open reed.
Swampbird
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 04:21 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Watched him on The Verminators Predator or Prey DVD and was really impressed how far the yotes were responding to Tweety with the crosswinds as strong as they were. Sagebrush really leaning over and the yotes started out as small specks on the horizone.
I also have the Randy Anderson Hot-Dog, Li'l Dog and Ki-Yi calls that get results....

IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 09:17 AM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Swampbird,
To me a call is like a musical instrument,if its tuned right and plays to the sound that a coyote likes then you got a good call.Most all calls work but some work better.I bet most guys here would say that they have there preferred calls they carry"ones that seem to bring better results"or like a good musical instrument that is easier to play.

Like that tv show that use to be on" play that tune".......Good Luck

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters