The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Molded CRONK Howler (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Molded CRONK Howler
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 07:09 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
smithers,
Yes, molded of space age plastics. I am very pleased with how much these things look, feel and sound like the original buffalo horn. At 45.00 delivered, I don't think the first 25 will last long. [Wink]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Bandit
Knows what it's all about
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2007 10:39 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Your killin' me... we are going to have to get a pair of these comin' and soon!

Steve

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2007 07:31 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
The Bandit,
Steve Borland? Gee Whiz! Wow, I thought you were dead but I guess you must have just been in Nebraska. [Big Grin] I will make sure to save a couple howlers for ya

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2007 09:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Cronk, read his sig. line! It's Todd! Don't you know, Todd surfs the Internet and Steve answers the phones?

Could I ask, being curious, what type of "space age" plastic is employed in this well executed call?

So, are you up and active, able to dust a few coyotes, should the need arise?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31614 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2007 09:59 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Your killin' me... we are going to have to get a pair of these comin' and soon!

Steve
----------------------------
Leonard,
He evidently isn't sure which brother he is either. Look at his signature. [Wink] I am being treated by an allergist now, and seem to be getting slowly better. I had all of those skin tests that you read about. Only thing they found me allergic to is dust mites and mold. I don't get very far from home yet, but I think maybe a few summer coyotes are in for some trouble.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2007 10:08 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Could I ask, being curious, what type of "space age" plastic is employed in this well executed call?"
-----------------
Leonard,
If I told ya, I would have to kill ya. [Wink] To be honest, I don't know what the recipe is but boy they have come a long ways in the quality of plastics. I stuck a soft reed in one of the new howlers, just for giggles. You know those plastic index folders for file cabinets? For guys who wear dentures and need to blow with lips only, this would be the answer I think. All you need to do is bow the reed tip upward a little bit every now and then. I will probably cut a few of those soft reeds for guys who like em.

--------------------

ninthinning
Knows what it's all about
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2007 05:21 AM      Profile for ninthinning           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,
My new calls came today. The big howler has a big howl, its a museum piece. The molded buffalo howler is a very very fine howler. Reminds me of our neolithic ancestors meets the space age. It sounds as good as all your other calls. Its a Cronk call I can carry on my lanyard. Damn fine job!! Getting the call was timely after having read your tutorial on building a Cronk call.
Thank you
Eric

The boards are 5" for scale
 -
 -
 -
 -

-

[ April 28, 2007, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: ninthinning ]

--------------------
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Posts: 67 | From: Colden | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2007 02:19 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rich: That new howler looks like a real winner. You know I will "Need" one. I am anxious to hear it compared to my Cronk Buffalo Horn howler and my Cronk Cowhorn howler.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters