The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Mini Caller By Wildlife Tech (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Mini Caller By Wildlife Tech
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2009 02:50 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
The toy class HORN speaker on the Fury has a higher amp rating than does the big ole hockin' 10 amp speaker on the WT2030ms. That would account for the Fury's LOUDER volume I suppose?

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2009 03:04 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, all I know is I'm calling coyotes on volume level 20,25 and sometimes 30 out of a 40 max level. I do still have a 10 watt TOA speaker from my Minaska fiasko and it plugs right into the Fury, it's louder than the Fury's speaker. The 24bit sounds sound clean to me but I'm half deaf and still calling them with JS Canine pups downloaded onto the Fury. What do I know?
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2009 03:27 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Need to clarify I only used the TOA speaker on one stand. I use the Fury just as it is with only the horn speaker turned on.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2009 08:13 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I plugged a TOA 10watt speaker into a FX3, and it seemed louder and perhaps slightly clearer than the factory horn speaker.

I have been thinking of just picking up a used FP Scorpion and strapping it to the TOA speaker. Then I can use FP, JS, or my own sounds if I thought my own were any good.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2009 04:33 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"I have been thinking of just picking up a used FP Scorpion and strapping it to the TOA speaker. Then I can use FP, JS, or my own sounds if I thought my own were any good."
-----------------------------------
DanS,
That would make a dandy setup right there. I sometimes use a 15 watt TOA with my scorpion, but now I believe that a 10 watt TOA would be almost as good. It would be lighter for sure, and enough volume for 99 percent of a man's calling needs. I had a 30 watt TOA for my Minaska Bandit, but I sold it because it was too large and cumbersom to carry around. That 30 watt TOA sure would have made a good locator speaker to carry in the truck though. You could break the ear drums of any coyote within three miles. [Big Grin]

--------------------

6mm284
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2009 03:40 AM      Profile for 6mm284           Edit/Delete Post 
Was looking seriously at the WT callers, until I read the impolite response to Rich.As my grandfather said." Some people think their sh t doesnt stink, but their farts give them away."
Posts: 198 | From: N46 06 E91 11 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2009 05:46 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
6mm284,
Don't take those guys THAT serious. The new W.T. 2030MS is a dandy little caller. Bill Martz is severely lacking in people skills but his callers are dandy. Now Leonard? Well he is high on people skills, but real low on handsome. LOL [Big Grin]

--------------------

LionHo
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 08:40 PM      Profile for LionHo   Email LionHo         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally, after 6+ years of BS, I see for the first time today a couple of WT product pages that pull the covers on the real-world frequency response of the latest WT's using TOA speakers:

http://www.wildlifetech.com/pages/KAS-2030MM%20product%20page.html

http://www.wildlifetech.com/pages/KAS-2030MS%20product%20page.html

96 bit sound notwithstanding, 12.5KHz is crap. Any high-pitched component to the sound will be completely stripped out.

No wonder they won't stand for anyone loading their own sounds.

Posts: 88 | From: Ventana Wilderness, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
happy trapper
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 11:31 PM      Profile for happy trapper           Edit/Delete Post 
All I can say is that if you want to call coyotes & kill coyotes the WT call has the clear sound & enough volume to bring them in from a very long distance.
I myself go on the amount that I call in & kill not on the db or Khz.
I still have the old one that has the bag with the componets in the bag.
Albert & myself Have called in 5 coyotes at one stand this fall & I shot all 5.

Bill Martz just wondering when you & Your son were coming to Saskatchewan Canada again

Posts: 17 | From: margo sk. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 13, 2009 11:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey? Why don't you let Albert shoot a few? [Smile]

I have to mention here, that I have called thousands of coyotes and hundreds of other critters with a JS512, and furthermore, before that, a hell of a lot of animals with an eight track tape deck.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2009 10:53 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
If you had the WT then Leonard you would of called twice as many... [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2009 01:51 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Bill himself told me a number of times, that I could call FIVE TIMES the number of predators with his WT over my JS512.

It's pure bullshit.

The ablility to call more predators, comes through confidence, experience, and Location.

The product that you use to create a sound, isn't nearly as important as picking the right sound to use.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2009 02:56 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"The ability to call more predators, comes through confidence, experience, and Location."
-------------------------------------
Ain't that the gosh awful truth!

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2009 03:15 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto to what Tim B. Said.....

The sounds the caller makes are down the list as far as priority goes, whether it be hand calls,tape players,eight track,blades of grass,lip squeaks,or the latest greatest digital caller out there.

Tim listed the top three priorities that equal success(more coyotes called and killed): confidence, experience, and Location.I would also add "Time" to the list.The more time you have to invest the more you will call/kill I guess it goes right along with experience.....

Good Hunting Chad

[ March 14, 2009, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
happy trapper
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2009 12:50 AM      Profile for happy trapper           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard the coyotes were just inside the bush & I could see them & Albert could not see them as good.

I started calling with a JS the 12D battery box cassette machine & I got a few but not as many as now.

It is true (The more time in the field meanes the more you should learn.)

I have watched as coyotes have stoped coming in and just started to nose around and when you changed the sound they would come running in again.

I have noticed the time that the posts were posted and I thought that you should be calling coyotes but then I forgot that some of you can hunt at night. HEE HEE HEE

Posts: 17 | From: margo sk. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2009 10:17 AM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys how do those speakers compare to the SP 55 foxpro? It is 15 watt. I run it with my scorpian. fits in a little bag with teh caller, real handy. seems loud and clear to me.
Carl

Posts: 322 | From: Wild West | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 06:20 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Bofire,
The SP-55 is a good speaker, but I like the TOA better. The only down side to a TOA is that the metal horn clangs like a bell when you bump it on a small tree or something on the way to your stand. I would like to cover my TOA with spray on truck bed liner or something.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 10:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, (dad gum it) if you hold it over your head while rotating, you won't be bumping it on small trees.

KIDS, THESE DAYS!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 11:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
(Quote)
Bofire,
The SP-55 is a good speaker, but I like the TOA better. The only down side to a TOA is that the metal horn clangs like a bell when you bump it on a small tree or something on the way to your stand. I would like to cover my TOA with spray on truck bed liner or something.

Rich
quick cure , split some ruubber tubing and put it around the rim of the horn. no more clang

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 05:05 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Rich
quick cure , split some rubber tubing and put it around the rim of the horn. no more clang"
--------------------------------------
Great tip there Paul, thanks.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 05:10 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Rich, (dad gum it) if you hold it over your head while rotating, you won't be bumping it on small trees."
----------------------------
That is true Leonard, but then again I would rather CALL coyotes than spook em. I heard a rumor awhile back that some guy up north did that, but I didn't believe it for a second. [Wink]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 09:26 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That is true Leonard, but then again I would rather CALL coyotes than spook em. I heard a rumor awhile back that some guy up north did that, but I didn't believe it for a second.
Yes he does and the coyotes still came in.. [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 11:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, it's not true that AR Shaw picked the spots for the stands and "Unknown" set you down where you wouldn't be in the way? (that's one version)

And, coyotes are totally uncallable in Minneesota, right?

Good hunting. LB (just kidding, Tim)

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2009 06:39 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Leonard... totally uncallable. [Wink]

*LINK*

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2009 06:53 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, it's not true that AR Shaw picked the spots for the stands and "Unknown" set you down where you wouldn't be in the way? (that's one version)

I'm not sure about that LB, I believe their modus operandi is to force people to hunt with out a license.

Maintain

Oh yeah, just kidding Tim!

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters