The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Foxpro makes another great idea a reality! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Foxpro makes another great idea a reality!
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2010 07:11 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay,

Will Foxpro be incorporating this feature into the TX 200 remote?

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2010 11:19 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Will Foxpro be incorporating this feature into the TX 200 remote?
No. The upgrade would be for the TX-500 remotes that operate Fury, Prairie Blaster and CS-24 models.

edit: Aslo for the Scorpion X1B model and and the Firestorm of course.

[ June 09, 2010, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2010 02:45 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thanks.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2010 04:03 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep seeing ads for a device that emits an ultrasonic sound that supposedly deters dogs from barking. Dog barks. Transmitter is activated. Dog shuts up. Or, doesn't. Same technology? I figured out that they outfit the remote to pick up the gun's report. Admittedly, I'm impressed and intrigued how they retrofit a receiver device into a transmitter. I guess nothing more than a high-power transceiver, eh?

Like I said earlier, 12:00...12:00...12:00...,
That's me. LOL

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2010 05:33 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no freaking clue.
My techno savvy only wants to know if it works, not why. I really didn't intend this to become a commercial.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2010 05:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just lay back and enjoy it, Jay.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31500 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2010 08:15 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Just lay back and enjoy it, Jay."
-----------------------------------
He probably did that back in his younger days Leonard. [Wink]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2010 03:46 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, I think a lot of us did that, way back then. I am pretty sure I remember those days.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2010 03:30 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
You push a button the sound comes on!

You push a button it gets softer or louder!

You push a button it changes the sound!

If it does that 99%of the time I'm happy

Those are the three things I NEED it to do. I can decide the rest. If it doesn't do those things I don't carry the SOB.

If all I need to do is punch a button when and if I want a sound after I have shot one of multiples it hasn't been a problem.

Hoping it's going to work off a sensor in hunting conditions is putting more faith in it than I would have in it. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I kind of like having that control when I think I need it. It's on a lanyard around my neck it's not to hard to find.

What if it doesn't come on when you want it to. Is the remote in the FoxBang mode locked and the feature have to be turned off to get the regular remote features to work? I guess you could try shooting again!!

I guess if the finding of the remote and getting sound to come out of your caller quicker after the shot is an issue, you would find value in this. I thought this was one of the selling points of this new remote, it's ability to play sounds with the preset feature quickly after the shot. I've got that on the WT remote, never use it.

Should sell some callers and get some cash for the updates thou. Adding more coyotes?

Hats of to FP and the marketing staff, looks like it is working.

But then I'm a WT guy, who gives a shit!!

I would like mine to play, NICKELBACK'S "I WANT TO BE A ROCKSTAR"!!!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2010 05:07 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
You could do that with a Foxpro, Randy (lol).

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2010 07:17 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what Al, years ago had they had the sounds or the volume I may have owned one.

I am quite happy with my long term useage of the WT and have no need for additional sounds. The sound libary, remote, and volume have filled my needs and expectations.

I understand the excitement the FP users must be seeing with the additions to it's libary and developement of it's callers. They must be seeing an increase in responces etc. vs, the old sounds and callers. Good for FP and their following.

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2010 06:42 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy, I am pleased your experience has been good with your W.T. unit. You are obviously a good hunter and seem like a guy anybody would enjoy hunting with. Foxpro has come a long way and there is a lot to be pleased with. Good hunting at ya.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2010 01:09 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy my understanding is you will be able to turn that function on or off, it won't always be on.

Yes I feel it will add coyotes as your going to be more accurate and ready for a quicker 2 nd shot by not having to remove your cheek from the gun stock or look down at the remote. You set what sound you want and it comes on, will be very handy and will offer them no movement what so ever on your part. If it is 40.00 or more then too much 20.00 or less then a great deal.

FP has come along ways and WT has nothin on them anymore, I have heard the atom next to my Cs-24 and I can tell no differance. Remember I have used both the WT sounds and FP and Minaska so I can make a informed opinion. Meaning I have seen the reaction from all 3 sound brands. Also FP has 2 of the best sounds I have ever used and they flat out work and on that 2nd coyote you should see the reactions from them when you play the X factor sound!!!!! Really amazing and consistant reponses. Brings them out of hidy holes really well for the plane too as they could attest to that!

Just more technology everyone has a choice to use it or not. Just one company is quicker to come out with inovation than others I guess?

As far as responses never had an older FP caller, I know what they do now as of the time I became an owner and that is what matters. FP is moving full speed ahead while a "certain" company drags it's feet on the notion of allowing an open system or not, we all knwo the reason to drag it's feet but will the pressure get to this company or not is the question. I just find it ironic the answer so far has been working on the software to protect it's sounds LOL, FP has done that a few years back, light years ahead is changin to lightyears behind LOL.

Randy plus of you want nickleback on your atom you need to send it to "Doctor feel good" [Razz] to hook you up with a 10.00 charge I'm sure. With a FP you could have say 100 songs of your choice on there in a matter of a few mintues, could have 40 call sounds and then nickelback and lady gaga if you like [Big Grin]

Plus by next year Ol Bill should be having a solid run on more sound sales as with the WT sounds now added on (3) 5 and dime type caller offerings before long everyone will have the WT sound liabary to choose from meaning new sounds to be needed in areas of high use. [Eek!]

Admit it after reading my post it had to make you laugh just a little didn't it??????? Just givin ya a hard time. I know your just smilin and wavin at us poor lost FP souls [Cool]

[ June 24, 2010, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2010 11:50 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Where I do agree that Technology is a great thing most of the time,I do think it does get alittle ridiculous sometimes.Foxpro is definitely on the cutting edge when it comes to new gadgets for this and that,but unless you're a field staffer you will always be spending money trying to upgrade to the newest and greatest thing they have to offer.

Case in point when the state of the art FX3 came out I bought one.Great unit for 400 bucks but not more than a year later they offered the FX5,better remote more sounds yada yada yada,so I upgraded for only 200 bucks,thought that was great.But a year later a new and better unit came out but had a new and better remote again and wasn't compatible to the FX5 so if I wanted new Technology from Foxpro I gotta Pay for it.

And Just about every year they come out with something new and better but again you're going to pay for it.So I have just decided even though theres alot of great ideas out there,My out dated FX5 [Roll Eyes] still calls coyotes pretty well and I can never stay on top of the game unless I mortgage the House.LOL

And what's really interesting to me is that my $8.00 hand calls still seem to call a hell of a high Percentage of the coyotes I kill every year [Wink]

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1629 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 08:05 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
IMO, Foxpro's being progressive does not cause any of the customers a problem. I had a FX-3 that I upgraded to a FX-5 for $200.00 and considered it money well spent. I still think the FX-5 and its remote is a great unit and will serve its owner well for many years. The advances to FHSS technology, Foxbang, The Jack Attack, and an improved sound library are typical of a company who is doing its homework. The members of the Field Staff help evaluate the advancements, helping Foxpro and their customers. All in all, its a win win situation.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 09:12 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
LB, I know you don't do the whole advertiser bit here, but you sure are missing out with Al. You need an advertising czar.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 10:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well. That's the deal. Al, or anybody else can hustle Foxpro, or anybody else. It's a simple reaction to the many misdeeds of PM. Huntmasters does not have a moderating staff to badger and delete anybody that is not a paying sponser, etc. I'm hoping that it makes PM look petty and chasing a buck?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31500 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
Member # 823

Icon 7 posted June 25, 2010 10:55 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, Leonard, I couldn't be an advertising czar. I don't like Miller Lite. [Smile]

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 11:03 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Elbee, I swear, if someone doesnt promote Miller Lite in the next couple posts, Im gonnna be this close to shuttin this thread down. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

All these companies free loadin with advertising and a good paying customer not mentioned... [Mad]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 11:26 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Andy, I've got your back Yo..

I plan on pickin' up a sixer after work tonight [Wink]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 12:29 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Whew, thanks Dave. You be a lifesaver! [Cool]

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 01:28 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, that was a close one, thanks Dave. [Cool]

All of you stop and pick up some cold Miller Lite and dont forget your Aunt Jamima syrup!

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 01:36 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to a Cross Canadian Ragweed concert later tonight, I'm sure someone there will be drinking a Miller Lite.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 02:46 PM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 03:07 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Where are they playing tonight Tom? I have seen them a couple times. Good show. Throw in some Jason Boland and Reckless Kelly....now your talkin.

[ June 25, 2010, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: CrossJ ]

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters