The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Martz Chart Quiz (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Martz Chart Quiz
coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2009 02:59 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
cdog, it is a topic of discussion and from it comes information no different than many others. If you don't care for the topic then don't read or respond pretty simple. PLus if you didn't read or post would have given you another 5 mins easy [Big Grin]

From what people write you can gain knowledge on the person and the subject matter, no different than articals in print.

[ October 26, 2009, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2009 03:17 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog911,
There are alot more people concerned than Gary Clevanger about Martz and his callers. Honestly, the number of questions I've answered about WT callers has gone through the roof since Martz put me on his website. I can tell you one thing though. I point as many of them as possible to these threads regarding the WT's and many of them come back to me afterwards saying what they're not going to buy. You're right though, this information probably doesn't mean squat to many of the veterans or older members here, because you all have been around and can care less. The younger, "techie" crowd really does care what they're spending their money on and what they're actually going to get. You might not care if your computer has the latest Quad Core processor in it, because as long as it works, you're happy, right? Me and lots of others on the other hand want to know for a fact that if a company says the widget is capable of "Fill in the Blank", we're getting what we paid for, even if it doesn't change the final outcome of the sound produced. I know that a 16bit 32kHz (Sub-CD Quality) caller sounds good. However, if I'm told that the caller I'm buying is a 24bit 48kHz unit, I want the thing to do it, even if my ears and an animals ears can't tell the difference? See where I'm coming from?
If Martz wants to trash talk me and claim how uber-smart he is and why his products are the best ever, I want the proof. Obviously he doesn't have to answer, but he's put himself in a position now, where the Silence is ringing loud and clear. He has yet to tell me or anybody on this forum what his new idea of "CD Quality" is, even after he so proudly said he would.
He refers to his website, but that doesn't mean anything since he said he would put it in his post after stating "Next up: CD audio format. This will be my last post on these subjects. If you don't get it, you probably never will and don't deserve to."
After it's written, and I'm sure he won't, I'll show everybody the history of his lies concerning the "CD Quality" subject. Just sit back and soak it in, it's all good information, even if it's just for a few "techie" heads.

Thanks for the great forum Leonard.

[ October 26, 2009, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2009 06:56 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There are alot more people concerned than Gary Clevanger about Martz and his callers. Honestly, the number of questions I've answered about WT callers has gone through the roof since Martz put me on his website. I can tell you one thing though. I point as many of them as possible to these threads regarding the WT's and many of them come back to me afterwards saying what they're not going to buy
So all these people are comeing to you for advice on what caller to buy.. LMAO
Are they aware that you hold "NO Electrical engenering degree" and only kill about a dozen coyotes per year.. So it just boils down to youre opinion and youre limited experience calling coyotes. If a new guy can't think for himself and has to come to you for limited advice how in the hell is he gonna call coyotes??LOL..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5070 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2009 07:20 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
TA 17 you need an electrical engineering degree to call coyotes???

We have been over this you can BS some of the people some of the time, but not ALL of the people all of the time, the montra is what sets one apart from the compition, when that montra falls short then what????

Everyone has a bias as to the caller they are using some stronger than the other. I like to try various ones because that si the only true way to see if the montra hold true value, some does and much don't. depends on the montra and who is pitching such. They are all in it for a gain monatary, so who do you believe??? Like an info commercial without testing it how does one know the claims made are 100% factual???? Can they be 100% factual???

Everyone states the leg humping from brand X or Y, what about those using Z??? Could we say the same???

The reason the debate is these products can live up to the hype they are given. Some make some very large claims can they live up to ALL of those claims, if not why???

Hence the reason for the discussion brought forth.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2009 07:42 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TA 17 you need an electrical engineering degree to call coyotes???
Nope!
If you where real sick who would you seek help or advice from? A friend that has a stack of medical books or a Doctor with a medical degree??
Or if you needed help with some coyotes would you ask Joe blow on the internet or would you talk to another ADC trapper???? [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2009 08:06 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Ta17rem,
Tim, you're the man who admits to being buddies with a liar (you even said so), so do you honestly want to question why people would ask me about callers over you? I'll just tell you that I've had enough Electrical, Computer Programming and Circuit layout courses at college to know how to tell you your buddy Martz is a liar. Actually anybody who can search the internet and who has a collection of old WT's can tell you he's a liar, it's not hard to figure out. You hold up Detour signs all summer and pal around hunting the rest of the year don't you? I actually try to help people Tim, and have a bunch of various callers that I've actually used and hunted over, so I know what I'm talking about. I don't tell people to not buy a WT, I tell them everything I know about them, features, etc. and they make up their own minds. That's why I'll have a new Mighty Atom fairly soon, to give it a fair shake and see what it's cracked up to be. It might've been ordered already, so I'll have to call my buddy to find out. If it were up to you, you'd just tell them "Buy a WT" and not even recommend a single sound that works, other than to say call WT and they'll fix you up. You're typically useless when people need information about callers Tim, Period! I thought you used to be a die-hard Minaska fan? How does your buddy Martz like you using a Minaska? You don't say much about that caller anymore, what's up with that? Don't be ashamed, they're not bad callers at all. I killed a couple Coyotes over my Minaska last year and it works fine.

Edit: Tim, that's a bad analogy, especially since the man you're talking about has a history of exaggerating and blatantly blurring the facts. If you want the truth, just wait, I'll tear the Mighty Atom apart and tell you what makes it tick. Not that you care, because hey...People Lie, right?

[ October 26, 2009, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2009 08:35 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
You say Bill is a lier and Bill says you are a theif and can't be trusted.. I can handle a little white lie if no-one gets hurt but a dishonest theif now thats all together different..
As for sounds like i said all of them are good...

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2009 09:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tim. Look, everyone knows you are a WT cheerleader, and beyond that, Amigo, you don't know shit.

I would never suggest that you don't have the right, (as a member) to post as much crap as often as you like.

But really; your endorsements for WT have very little value, and as the joke about the guy continually getting raped by the bear, you ain't here for the hunting, are ya? [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

[ October 26, 2009, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31468 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2009 07:42 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
TA17,
I don't just say your buddy Martz is a liar, I have proof that he is a liar. You're calling me a thief, where is your proof? Put up or shut up because I've paid for every single one of the ten or more WT callers I own and all of the sounds in my collection. Not all of the sounds are good either Tim. How many have you really heard? I've heard around 200 or so of them and I can tell you that some of them are not very good at all.

Edit to add some more info for you Tim to see if you understand why I do this e-caller stuff:

I may not have an Electrical engineering degree, which you feel is important for being able to judge e-callers and I don't go around and saying I do. I may not call as many coyotes as others, which has a lot to do with where I live. Again I don't say I do. But over the years I have had and still have many e-callers and almost every model of WT built and many other brands as well. I have talked with most manufactures including Bill and have learned a lot by doing this over the years. Over the years I've done lots of research on how e-callers work and how friendly they are to use both in the field and at home programming them, testing remote ranges, sound quality and volume, and ease of using the unit programming. I have also spent lots of time talking with a lot of pros in this field about calling and using callers and can be and have been very helpful to many newer members to the calling field and will keep doing this as long as my phone rings and I get e-mails. I just like trying to be helpful Tim,and I'm not trying to be a pro just helpful.

[ October 27, 2009, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2009 03:00 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, "thief" is pretty strong to use against someone you don't even know isn't it???? You have solid proof of TW being a thief or going off of hear say????

Is someone a thief for using sounds they have bought and paid for on another caller??? No different than those that download music from a CD they bought and put on their MP3 player correct??? How many millions have done that???

Also define a "white lie" your words in this matter??? You see when you run a business it is against the law to use "deceptive selling practices" to bolster a product. Both are very "loose" terms and frankly get settled in a court room more often than not, so if either party isn't interested in suing then life goes on, I find it funny one calls themselves a man and another a prostitute, yet there "could be" deceptive verb age to bolster "A" product????

Bill is the one who can clear this up. Not you,me or anyone else Tim. He knows exactly what the product can or cannot do and his hand has been called by another company on it. He can either back the claims he makes or not; pretty simple.

To tell you the truth could care less, others care a little more and others for various reasons care alot more. Depends on your stake in the matter. I just like to see Bill post and read what he post, so keep on posting Bill!

[ October 27, 2009, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------

turboranger
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2009 04:11 PM      Profile for turboranger           Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief I see the same BS is going on since the last time I was on. Lets jog a few memories and guess who said this on this very board
quote:
Bill, would you like if I posted a detailed photo showing all of your customers how to get every sound off of those units? It's really simple and maybe a post that would get pinned at the top of every forum that has an e-caller section. There are several moderators at various forums who would love to put up something like that. I could even sell the hardware and a DVD Tutorial on how to do it.
Tim I would say you are not far off with what you called this guy. Does anyone REALLY wonder why this guys name made it onto Bill's website? Just something to ponder.

[ October 27, 2009, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: turboranger ]

Posts: 28 | From: NH and AZ | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2009 04:30 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Turbo.
Does asking a question constitute that that action has happened? I think not, but thanks for trying the pin it on me game. I'd like to hear what Tim's basing his info about me on, other that hearsay. Did you get your Mighty Atom yet? Is it beyond CD Quality? Mine should be here soon, so I'll let you know what I think and we can compare notes. Give me a ring anytime if you want to chat callers, I'm more than happy to talk about them with you. My names on his site because he's still bent over the recording equipment, just read the information.

[ October 27, 2009, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

turboranger
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2009 05:28 PM      Profile for turboranger           Edit/Delete Post 
Peter the entire post that snippet quote came out of demonstrated to me the level of integrity you have reserved for yourself. It's kind of ironic how you can then go on trying to besmirch ol' Bill. As far as calling you to discuss callers I don't think that will be necessary as I have seen and heard the MA. I have also witnessed the actual comparisons for myself. With that said, its a beautiful thing that I don't need to debate with, or trust someone else to tell me which caller is better. In the end Pete, everyone will have to make a their own decision and come up with their own conclusions. If they are smart they will base it on what their own ears and brains tell them and not what some self anointed expert says.

[ October 27, 2009, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: turboranger ]

Posts: 28 | From: NH and AZ | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2009 06:15 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
To tell you the truth could care less, others care a little more and others for various reasons care alot more.
If you could care less then why did start a thread on 2 or 3 other sites about Cas creek and WT sounds.. Actually you do care and are now just telling a little white lie.. [Razz]

P.S. LOL Leonard. oh Scott got a big kick out of youre post to me, i think the guy still misses you.. [Wink]

--------------------

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2009 07:18 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
What ever happened to Scott?

He had a way of slapping you with the truth it was easy to learn.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2009 07:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well old Scott wasn't the only one that got a kick out of that post.

You can argue as long as you want, TA. But, your expertise is low to nonexistant; so about all you can say is that you like your WT a lot. Repeatedly.

In fact, can I change your title for a while?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Briguy
Unofficial AGENT PROVOCATEUR
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2009 09:07 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
Right on Tim, I got a new title too...course, I like mine better.

Yea, and where's Bill? This stuff has me intrigued...

Posts: 94 | From: El Desierto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2009 05:23 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
I started another thread on Cass creek because I found that interesting,and ironic. Frankly it is more interesting than what sound works best for you type postings and it has merit, if not I wouldn't have posted the discussion, and for the record I wasn't aware of it until it was poitned out to me, but a topic with merit becuase, I believe it was "everyone has a choice in life to be a man or a prostitute."

Then low and behold Cass Creek callers comes out with A mini caller in a very low price range with WT sounds??? Kinda goes against the grain wouldn't you agree Tim????

I mean taking those super high quality sounds then running them through a .90 cent speaker??? Is that the definition of being a man or the prostitute???? The answer is????

I really don't care about the callers,use what you will. I care when people talk from both sides of their mouths. What say you?

[ October 28, 2009, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2009 07:55 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Turbo/Martin,
People say things sometimes that they regret as I did in some of that thread. I'm big enough to admit some of the things I said should have best been kept to myself. You on the other hand choose to be friends with a person who has deceived and lied to their customers for years. If you want to deny that, then you're playing the fool. Am I mad that my WT callers aren't capable of playing "CD Quality" sounds, when they were advertised as such? You figure it out. Until Martz has a response for the questions at hand, I don't have anything else to add. The Silence and lack of intelligent response sends a clear message that what I'm saying is accurate about the prior claims of "CD Quality". I sure hope this new model is actually playing sounds other than 16bit 32kHz, no matter how good it sounds, or the 24bit 96kHz potential is simply even more of a joke.

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2009 04:44 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Am I mad that my WT callers aren't capable of playing "CD Quality" sounds, when they were advertised as such?
Alright, giving you some benefit of the doubt here, while you ask this question, which I presume to be rhetorical and up to us to answer based solely upon your rants here, it appears to me that as dissatisfied with the product as you appear to be, you still keep buying them. Why?

At certain points in this thread, you've gone so far as to say that his products are good and inferred that this issue with you is strictly one between you and Bill Martz the person, not his product line per se.

Maybe I need to be less laid back. If I buy something that doesn't perform as advertised, I simply take it back and ask for my money and, at the very least never buy that product or another one from the same manufacturer again.

Yet, you, by comparison, seems to have bought one. Were unhappy. Bought another one. Were unhappy again. Bought another one and, of course, were once again unhappy, so you decided to lobby the masses on the internet against this guy because you keep buying his allegedly defective product and losing your money. Now it sounds like you've got friends buying his product.

I'm not attacking you. This is just how the timeline here sounds to me. Maybe if I better understand why you keep acquiring calls you don't like from a guy you can't stand, then I can better understand what motivates you and could possibly be more interested in what looks to me to be an agenda. Just because you have people contacting you doesn't make you right. Hitler had followers.

Not defending Martz or his business - don't even know the guy except from what I read here, but you really come across as some sort of nut. You know,... the ol' saying,... doing the same thing repeatedly expecting different results each time?

Enlighten me. You've piqued my curiosity and, for lack of anything better to do this evening, I'm all ears.

On a related note, I listened to the Predatorcast interview of Gerald Stewart the other day. Now, Gerald ain't no electronics inginear either, but he's been there to see the entire evolution of the e-caller industry from ten lantern batteries and a turntable weighing 21 pounds to today's digital remote controlled models and he noted that for forty years, no one cared much about bitrates or CD quality, yet a whole lotta predators died anyway.

I'm just saying...

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2009 04:58 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
cdog911,
I collect old WT callers simply for the sounds and fun of it. They sound good like I've said, but they're not as advertised. The new models however have yet to be seen. I buy newer models so that I'm up on what they're capable of and to help other people out when they have questions. All new models get added to the collection too. You'd be surprised how many of the WT customers would rather call or email me to get answers than deal with asking Martz.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 8 posted October 28, 2009 05:09 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Cross-posting on Cass Creek? WTF? And, what exactly, is Cass Creek? Never heard of it?

That's okay, I'm not a real stickler about Internet Message Board Courtesies and Practices.

Not enough action for ya, here on HM?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2009 05:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, on any given day, I make empty stands all day long, expecting a different result....I'm just saying.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2009 07:00 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
No, to get a cross section of peoples thoughts.

Plenty of action as I see till now, this is the only place Mr Martz will answer but even here has been awhile.

cass creek is a company that makes a hand held unit, not much volume or sound clarity, but fits the market for those that just want to try callin a few times at best or when the deer stand is slow is my take on them.

I would like to hear from Mr Martz as to why he chose to lease or sell sounds to them? If you read the web site he list the reasons why sound quaility is so important then goes and "lets out" sounds to a unit with very limited capability. Wondering why???

I guess the orginal thread poster or I could have brought it here first??? But then some would have called him strange or has it in for someone [Big Grin]

[ October 28, 2009, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2009 07:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, I really don't give a shit who posts what, where.

But, Bill responds in his own way, when he gets the urge. I actually appreciate the fact that he trusts how this board is run enough to contribute; but that is not an endorsement, nor am I choosing sides or declaring a victor.

If you ecaller zelots entertain any hope of a response from Wild Bill, this is your best bet.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters