The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Martz Chart Quiz (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Martz Chart Quiz
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2009 04:08 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich it's awful hard to believe a company that makes anything is responsible to protect from someone rewiring existing wiring and then claiming they should protect against this. It would be nice but I would not expect it or call it a defect in anything electrical.

The orginal post you started on this did sound like some defect but your explaination of what you actually did shows none IMO.

It's great the FP does but not something I would expect. With your original hookups there is virtually no way this can occur on the WT.

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2009 06:19 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"It's great the FP does but not something I would expect. With your original hookups there is virtually no way this can occur on the WT."
-----------------------------------------
Sorry to pop your bubble Mr. Roade, but you are wrong about that. If you are out there at night, and accidently insert your batteries in there backwards, you just created a 100.00 problem and a spoiled night of hunting. A ten cent diode would have prevented any damage to you unit. I think that I will send my little WT to FoxPro and have them install that diode.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2009 07:54 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure what you mean about putting batteries in backwards Rich, they have either been in a plastic wrap or are individual rechargers in all my WT's, how old of WT are we talking.

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2009 08:06 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Dam! Rich you sure make it harder than it has to be. After a day of calling i charge my batteries before bed and once fully charged put them back in for the next day. Or at home here if i decide i want to go calling i just pop them in the charger till charged and then go calling, the full charge is good for all day and then some..
I would think as long as the caller is in the off position when installing the batteries you should be ok..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5070 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 05:26 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,
Mine is a little 2030MS that I bought from Allpredatorcalls. It came with an empty battery cartridge that takes 10 AA batteries. I have read two posts on other boards where guys accidently installed the batteries in there backwards. I didn't say that the company was liable, I mean Shucks I wired the snap on connector wrong, so I made a dumb mistake. I paid the cost of repair. I ain't bitching really, just pointing out what good old Bill could do to prevent someone else from pulling that stunt and frying the circuit board. Even Bill admitted that I ain't the only one who has done this.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 05:36 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Dam! Rich you sure make it harder than it has to be."
----------------------
And so do you, my ugly Minnesota buddy. Even the most dim witted coyote caller knows the importance of sitting still while on stand. Sitting still is more important than even the best of camo, but you obviously have not figured that out. You know all of those coyotes that turn tail and run when they spot that big white speaker you wave around in the air above your head? By the time you set the caller down and pick up the needle gun, your coyote is long gone. If Bill finds out you do that, he will lose is credibility regarding his statment "I don't sell to idiot's".

--------------------

Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 07:01 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
I see Rich, but just putting a battery backwards in the tray doesn't fry anything, done that, you just loose the circut. Don't know what happens if you put all ten in backwards. That would be my screwup. I never disconnect the tray connector only the in line connectors.

--------------------

coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 07:55 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
I think some are missing the point of this issue, instead they try to debate the issue and won't admitt it can happen!

The point is for a little more money it can be prevented by what others are doing to prevent it. So why not just make the small investment and make the unit just that much more better? I think that is the real question to be answered.

Many companies could just use the same montra, then we just won't sell to stupid people, instead of dealing with the issue and solving it for the benefit of the consumer.

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 10:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! They are saying, on another more professional board, that those faulty 2030's are being recalled to the factory? LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31468 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 10:26 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sitting still is more important than even the best of camo, but you obviously have not figured that out. You know all of those coyotes that turn tail and run when they spot that big white speaker you wave around in the air above your head? By the time you set the caller down and pick up the needle gun, your coyote is long gone. If Bill finds out you do that, he will lose is credibility regarding his statment "I don't sell to idiot's".

LOL Rich; If that was true i would'nt be killing coyotes..You would be surprised how much movement a caller can get by with without spooking a coyote.. By the way my speaker is'nt white on the WT, its been camo'ed... [Razz]

I could see if alot of WT users where burning out the boards then maybe a up-grade wouldbe needed but thats not the case...

--------------------

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 10:36 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
tim you could see it after 10,15 or 40 people where burning up boards and after paying the cost to fix them???

Again missing the point, why wouldn't a company be proactive and not re active? Why have it as a "possible" issue in the first place when for little extra could be a non issue?
Not saying a re call but could have been dealt with awhile back correct?

What board states that?

[ November 01, 2009, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 10:49 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
No i think you are missing the point.. If it was a problem i'm sure Bill would take care of it, but its not a problem and you should'nt worry youre self. After all you don't use a WT right?? [Big Grin]

--------------------

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 10:53 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
110% correct and reasons for that [Big Grin] America is a great place freedom of expression and freedom to make choices both educated and uneducated [Razz]

I guess I'm one of the stupid people [Cool]

[ November 01, 2009, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 12:50 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"LOL Rich; If that was true i would'nt be killing coyotes..You would be surprised how much movement a caller can get by with without spooking a coyote."
------------------------------
Wow, Tim! I think that Leonard should shorten your title to "Clueless". If Bill finds out how clueless you really are, he will never sell you another call. [Big Grin]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 03:55 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wow, Tim! I think that Leonard should shorten your title to "Clueless". If Bill finds out how clueless you really are, he will never sell you another call.
Leonard can do what he wants. Titles,labels don't mean much here..
As for Bill he gets around and i'm sure he has seen a few pic's of my coyotes called in with the WT and killed by youres truely. [Razz]
As for sweeping the caller from side to side i believe its the same tatic Blaine Eddy, Ed Screery and a few other successful callers use..You should try it once and maybe you'll see how many coyotes youre missing.. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 05:27 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok we went from Rich wiring in a connector wrong to 40 boards being fried this seems to be going as usual.

I use one more than virtually anyone and I don't see how you can fry one without doing something similar to what Rich did.

If it was that easy to do I am sure I would have done it long before.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 05:29 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TA17Rem,
The Electronic call makers provide remote control technology for a reason. If a man is bent on holding the caller in his lap, or waving the caller around above his head, then the man was pretty silly to pay big bucks for the remote controlled unit. A man like that would be better served with a mouth blown call. If he can't figure out how to blow a predator call, then maybe an 80.00 ghetto blaster would be better.

--------------------

Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 06:13 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,
I have developed a new product. It works like as osculating fan. It is a call holder and a decoy. I have not got the patent down tight, but I think it has some merit.
So far I can only get 200 degrees range of movement, but if you play the wind it should work fine. Plus it will get the call in the air about 24”.
Weighs a few pounds, but at least you don’t have to wave the call around and all remotes work better.
Kelly

PS looking for pro staffers – pays like most.

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 06:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He probably heard about that technique from Gerald Stewart? The whole difference is; he does it AT NIGHT.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31468 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 07:07 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys will have to type LOUDER if you think Tim will hear it!!

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 09:18 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Leonard but i'm not a follower of Gerald Stewart. I have a few of his recordings but i don't read anything he writes or anyone elses that does most of there calling in Tex.,N.M., Az...

I started out with hand calls and a johny stewart tape player and moved onto the Dennis Kirk caller which never had a remote either.
The WT came with a remote and the only way to use it is with the remote, on some stands i may set it out 15-30 yds but most times i see no reason to do so.. When i call a coyote in i want it comeing to the source of the sound and looking right at me as i take the shot.. By placeing the caller away from me there is a chance the coyote will come in and look in the direction of the caller and my view of the coyote willbe blocked by a bush or hump on the ground. On my trips last year i never lost a coyote when i was calling or any other time for that matter when the caller was sitting next to me..I could see it would help the guys in the brushy country to move the caller away from them but then again i don't hunt the same kind of areas as they do..
I did a stand last year with a member here, he set up on the other side of a ridge and me on the other, and had the caller away from where we where set up.. We had three coyotes come in and the other guy only saw two of them. The third coyote was locked on the caller but could not be seen buy the other guy..Long story short we got the coyote. If he would of been calling alone he may have never known the third was there..
Some time later i was back out and on this stand i had the caller placed with-in arms reach to my right and had a pair comeing straight in to the caller about 400 yds out. As i was working them a third coyote pops up on the same hill side to my left and a little below me working its way to the caller. The coyote never made me out or saw the caller til it was to late.. I've had stands like this so many times i can't even count them all.. If a caller feels he has to place his caller out a 100 yds its fine with me, but its not going to stop me from doing it the way it works for me.. If i would happen to go calling in another state then i may make some changes to my stands depending on the lay of the land..

Maybe a couple of the members will reconize where this pic was taken.
 -

Incase they don't i'll refresh there memory. As you drive in past the gate there is a big bluff to the right and as you move back into the area there is a old dog town and some round haybales stacked up, from there looking to the west there is a ridge that runs east to west with a revine on the south side and a hay field on the right.
The first group of hunters i hunted with walked around the big bluff trying to get closer to the coyotes that where located.. We ended up blank on that stand.
Next time in was with one other hunter, we drew a blank on these coyotes but moved farther in to the north and shot one down by a creek.
Next trip in was with two other hunters, which one of them was familuar with this area, we had three coyotes out in front to the left but could'nt get them to comitt..
I came back in the next day on my own and set up just to the north of where we have been setting up, i was maybe about 200 yds from the other stands..Would anyone care to guess if these coyotes where pressured or not?
Anyway i set up and started calling and yes i gave the E-caller a little wave for added measure, LOL..By makeing a few changes i put the game in my favor and did what i intended to do , call in and kill one of these coyotes that had evaded us for so long.. I got the job done and did it my way.. END RESULT......
 -

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2009 09:26 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You guys will have to type LOUDER if you think Tim will hear it!!
LOL Randy..As you get older and the more you shoot without ear protection youre time will come also. I have noticed you read lips alittle and that is one of the early signs of hearing loss.. [Razz]
But hay i got my walkers and i'm back in the game and thats what really matters.. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2009 06:43 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TA17,
You pretty much have the right to call any way you want, no matter how stupid that may be. If you are doing that near Randy's stomping grounds, you are hurting his chances of calling success though. Coyotes can pin point the spot in which the screams are coming from, and they can do that from a mile off. When they come to the screams and see a crazy man instead of a rabbit, they associate those screams with danger. If you really MUST elevate the caller so sound carries better, then get a small bipod for it. Placing the caller some fifty yards cross-wind from you will help you kill more of the coyotes that you call. Remember that it was the old fat man with bad knee's who taught you a better method.

--------------------

Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2009 07:04 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich your not old your experienced.

Your not fat your thick.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2009 08:39 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,

Thanks, but my knee's think they are OLD. I was doing fine going UP to the top of that dang ridge yesterday, but my left knee started complaining on the way back down. It still hurts this morning. I am working on the "thick" part though. Lost twenty pounds so far. I hope to lose twenty more this winter. [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters