The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Martz Chart Quiz (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Martz Chart Quiz
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2009 10:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, I think you're ready for the seminar's circuit, with Glenn and Byron, and the Predator University guy. You have all the qualifications. There is one other gentleman in Minneesota that needs to go to SD in order to kill a coyote, so he concentrates on Hunting The Red Fox, locally.

If you can call and kill one coyote in Pennsylvania, they treat you like a god.

What a life, you have tons of women treating ya like rock stars, sleep late, drink Red Bull for breakfast, and best of all a "PRO STAFF" tag after your name on all the message boards. Whoo Hoo!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2009 07:01 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Coyotes can pin point the spot in which the screams are coming from, and they can do that from a mile off. When they come to the screams and see a crazy man instead of a rabbit, they associate those screams with danger. If you really MUST elevate the caller so sound carries better, then get a small bipod for it. Placing the caller some fifty yards cross-wind from you will help you kill more of the coyotes that you call. Remember that it was the old fat man with bad knee's who taught you a better method.

Rich i agree with the coyotes pin-pointing the sound from aways off. As far as comeing in and seeing a crazy man i don't see that..
When i start my stand and wave the e-caller from side to side i then place it on the ground and thats where it stays dureing the rest of the stand, not much different than some-one blowing on hand calls.. If the coyotes where seeing all this movement why do they still come in and get killed?? LOL As far as placeing the caller out and away from me to kill more coyotes. I'm not haveing a problem killing the ones i call in. If i call in a double or thriple and kill at least one of them then i just come back a day later and go after the ones i missed. I did that on 4 stands or more last winter and even came back in July and took out two more.. If i have the time to locate and i know where the coyotes are then i just place the caller on the ground, by the way it does have a stand that keeps it up about 12" from the ground. The only time i work the caller in a sweeping motion is if i'm calling cold and i need to cover a large area to keep stands to a minium.. Weither you agree or not its just another tatic i use to get coyotes...
You may have missed out on some of my posts from last winter, do a search and check them out, lots of pic's too!

quote:
Tim, I think you're ready for the seminar's circuit, with Glenn and Byron, and the Predator University guy. You have all the qualifications. There is one other gentleman in Minneesota that needs to go to SD in order to kill a coyote, so he concentrates on Hunting The Red Fox, locally.

If you can call and kill one coyote in Pennsylvania, they treat you like a god.

What a life, you have tons of women treating ya like rock stars, sleep late, drink Red Bull for breakfast, and best of all a "PRO STAFF" tag after your name on all the message boards. Whoo Hoo!

No Leonard I'll leave that up to you guys and others from AZ. and Texas.. I'm not into that sort of thing, "Just like to kill coyotes when the fur is prime"" [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5080 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2009 03:25 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
tim wrote:"Just like to kill coyotes when the fur is prime""

tim then wrote: did that on 4 stands or more last winter and even came back in July and took out two more.

What you gettin for those July "prime" coyotes [Big Grin]

I would think if you call in doubles,triples or quads you would want to kill more than 1?

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2009 03:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what I want to know; with the whole state to choose from, why are you beating the same spot to death? Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2009 03:41 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
The coyotes i shot in July was a favor for a rancher, no big whoop...

quote:
I would think if you call in doubles,triples or quads you would want to kill more than 1?

Thats the plan but it don't always work that way, besides there is always the next day.
As for the july coyotes i did get a double out of a possable thriple. [Razz]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2009 03:44 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, what I want to know; with the whole state to choose from, why are you beating the same spot to death?
Its a nice little area and seems to always have a few coyotes around. Like i said before if you want to come up and kill a few Dakota coyotes just say the word.. [Smile]

P.S. Maybe we could have a Cronk Monday or a wiley-one tuesday.. [Wink]

[ November 03, 2009, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2009 04:07 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim the mange still really bad where your calling by Eagle Butte?
Do you need a tribal license where you hunt?

[ November 03, 2009, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2009 06:41 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes there is still some mange around but not as badd as two years ago. A few coyotes i took just had a touch of it and one that Randy called in for me was in pretty tough shape..
Yes a tribal lic. is required and permission from the rancher.. I have to check in with the Game dept. when i go back out again they may have a free pass for me to hunt where i want without haveing to knock on doors but i won't know till i get out there....

--------------------

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted November 06, 2009 03:47 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok we went from Rich wiring in a connector wrong to 40 boards being fried this seems to be going as usual.

No, the point was how many "need" to be damaged before the minor fix is installed for the benefit of the customer???

Bill when will you add to your site??? I'm waiting for more information and knowledge??? I keep looking for more and "sigh" the site remains the same!!!!

[ November 06, 2009, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2009 02:29 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Bill thanks for posting your definition of CD quality on your site.Can't say as I learned much from it as I left confused you stated most wildlife can be recorded below the CD threshold because "most" don't go above 22Khz and you called it "just" a standard, then on your caller page you make it known under No.1 your the first and only to design a CD quality caller? So is it needed to be CD quality or not? Seeing how you stated "most" can be reproduced at a lower sampling rate anyhow? I'm confused??? But at least you posted something as promised.

I see you removed names like Peter Marvin aka "Snitch" and Gary C. what's up with that????? I thought you where going to go into more information on those two???? Will we see more in the future on these 2 guys???

[ November 18, 2009, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------

oslo
Member # 3517

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2009 06:40 PM      Profile for oslo   Email oslo         Edit/Delete Post 
This has been a very interesting topic. I learned a little about a caller and a BUNCH about some people.
Posts: 19 | From: socal | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2009 10:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to The New Huntmasters, oslo. Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

oslo
Member # 3517

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2009 03:16 PM      Profile for oslo   Email oslo         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Leonard!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2009 03:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I know you? Are you a member of a club?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

oslo
Member # 3517

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2009 07:18 PM      Profile for oslo   Email oslo         Edit/Delete Post 
Prolly not, I just sit on the side lines and read, laugh and shake my head at some of these threads.
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2009 06:03 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Oslo why sit on the sideline and laugh? If you have something to interject feel free to do so. WE can all learn something from one another.

--------------------

oslo
Member # 3517

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2009 01:06 PM      Profile for oslo   Email oslo         Edit/Delete Post 
I have nothing to interject. The thread is fine, just seems as though
no matter the subject or the site, same people are there to argue and name call.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters