The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Latex bands (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Latex bands
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2003 09:34 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Those of you who are using my howler or the Power Howler write down this number, 1-800-876-6866. This is the manufacturer of Evolution One latex gloves. I howl with my howler every day with Tyler and our dogs and with the coyotes across the canal and on every stand on every weekend. I use up 4 or 5 bands every week. Today I replaced the first band I made from the Evolution One glove after 6 weeks of hard use.I damaged it with my protective cap otherwise it would still be going strong. It has a full range of pitch with no jumps or flat spots. This is a huge improvement. Call the number and the nice man will tell you the location of your nearest dealer.
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2003 09:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What size, and what fingers do you favor? LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Seldom Ever
Knows what it's all about
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2003 09:59 AM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
you can get them here too E.L.K. Inc

but these are the power howler bands already pre-cut,not the gloves.

[ May 11, 2003, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Seldom Ever ]

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Posts: 293 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2003 11:45 AM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rich - do you have a part number too?
Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2003 06:40 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. I don't have a part #, I just order the Evolution One in Large size and use parts of the ring, middle and index fingers. Light years ahead of the factory band.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2003 07:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you having better luck slicing the bands, or are you guilotining them on a plastic cutting board? Single edge razor blade? I've thought of tapping the back side with a small mallot.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2003 07:43 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
What 've found to work well is to lay the glove on a sheet of cardboard, cover it and hold it down securely with a steel ruler, then roll a scalpal blade along the edge of the ruler. The blades I'm using are a #24 with a slight curve to them and with just a little pressure, the blade will make a nice straight cut. Any time I've tried scissors, I get a rough edge or it's not straight with the sides.

Rich, I called them after one of our last phone conversations and the nice guy sent me the wrong ones. The ones I got are blue and have a stippled texture on the finger tips. The wife's using them for working her flower beds. [Smile]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2003 07:52 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
Are these the right ones?

http://www.life-assist.com/mflex/evo.html

http://www.safetyplus.net/product/200/

Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 06:45 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Catskin, I use the gloves in the first link. Leonard, I use the same technique as Lance, I place the glove on cardboard, a straight edge over it and draw a #25 scalpel alongside it. Jim Adriance tells me he uses his wifes fabric cutter. It's a rotary cutter like a pizza cutter and it cuts cleanly and pressure seals the edges just like the factory bands. Walmart has them for 10 bucks.
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 09:16 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
I just tried this last Friday. I had my Dentist give me a wide assortment of gloves. Gut two bands from the middle finger of a medium thick glove.

Placed both bands on the howler. One on top of the other. Got the absolute best sound yet.

After each hunt. Pour a little Scope mouth wash on the bands. This will keep them pliable, And bacteria free.

Plus Scope contains 18% alcohol. Wont take long to hit some real neat notes.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 10:22 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Single edge razor blade? I've thought of tapping the back side with a small mallot."

Yep that will do it Leonard, but take your fingers out of the glove first. [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 11:21 AM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Higgins,how much for one of your howlers,I e-mailed you once I thought,but it must have gotten lost in cyberspace ?

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 11:27 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Seldom, my E-mail has been down for some time now. I'm finishing the last of my howlers and will not be selling anymore. I recommend the E.L.K. Power Howler, I use their mouthpiece for mine.
Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 12:13 PM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
ok,got one from slydog made with the same materials,just wondered if yours was any different,a man can't have too many calls [Big Grin]

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 12:17 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you having a "Going Out Of Business" or "Lost Our Lease" Sale??? Guess I'll be selling my rubber glove stock now.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
pup
Member # 90

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 02:31 PM      Profile for pup           Edit/Delete Post 
It is a sad day, especially if you don't have one. Yes, I keep mine under lock and key.

Higgins Howlers, don't speak without one..

later pup

Posts: 213 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 03:27 PM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
Higgins,Schmiggins, as long as there's a power howler in the end of it,it makes no real difference!

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 14 posted May 12, 2003 04:00 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rich for the tip on using the Evolution gloves and where to get them.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 04:01 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
BLASPHEMY!!! You haven't see a Higgins Howler, have you? Got mine. Bahahahahahahahahah!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 04:10 PM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
You have obviously not seen a slydog howler either,not only does it howl,it can be used to signal emergency airplanes, it has a built in ammo pouch,it doubles as a dowsing rod, with the flick of a button it turns into a mini AR15,caliber of your choice...I could go on,but you're already outclassed....

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 04:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
SE, The ELK howler will be fine....but it sure ain't a Higgins Howler! You haven't seen anything like it.

Good hunting. LB

PS Rich, I'm ready when you are.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Richard Grantham
Member # 107

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 04:18 PM      Profile for Richard Grantham           Edit/Delete Post 
Blasphemy indeed, darn Seldom Ever, just when we was going to cut you some slack you had to say something like that that about Higgins Howler!!! :>), They are true work of art and I am going to be the proud owner of one as Rich just finished mine. I've had ugly guns that shot well, BUT I just love a pretty one for the sake of looking at it! Of course just like the Higgins Howler- if they shoot good that all the better.
Keep posting, you know I'm picking on you, at least your not a Yankee are you?
Richard Grantham barber@axs4u.net web page

Posts: 44 | From: Schertz, Tx | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Richard Grantham
Member # 107

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 04:21 PM      Profile for Richard Grantham           Edit/Delete Post 
Just had to add on, ever time I see a latex glove, I have an overpowering urge to bend over.
Richard Grantham

Posts: 44 | From: Schertz, Tx | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2003 04:54 PM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
"American by birth,Southern by the Grace of God"

It can't be any better looking than my slydog cowhorn howler,which has the same howler in the end of it as the Higgins howler.Mine is beautiful,wish I had a pic to post.

Don't bend over Rich,nobody wants to see that,and at your age you probably couldn't get back up!!

[ May 12, 2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Seldom Ever ]

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 12, 2003 05:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
See, that's just it, SE. Functionally, the Slydog Howler has to be much like the Higgins Howler. But, I don't know that it comes with the original artwork, inlayed in chromium cobalt? First one I've seen.....has to be an advantage, right?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters