The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Electronic Calls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Electronic Calls
tneff
Knows what it's all about
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2005 08:04 PM      Profile for tneff   Email tneff         Edit/Delete Post 
Any of you guys build your own calling devices ? Havent seen much on here about them , I recently built my own and wanted see what everyone else was up to.
Posts: 15 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moose57
PAKMAN
Member # 333

Icon 6 posted February 08, 2005 08:57 PM      Profile for Moose57   Email Moose57         Edit/Delete Post 
So give us all the gorey details and pictures. Inquiring minds want to know! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Paul Merrill

When you come to a fork in the road, take it!

Posts: 3 | From: Bountiful, Utah | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2005 09:14 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul!

Good to see you over here! Its about time you got out a little! [Big Grin]

And send me an e-mail with your address, I got something that needs shipped to you!

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
tneff
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2005 10:36 PM      Profile for tneff   Email tneff         Edit/Delete Post 
After reading some post on another board and seeing the different types on the market , I decided to try some different setups. I work with electronics at work so I figured this would be fairly simple . To my surprise it works very well . I had 2 rio mp3 players lying around , found some calls on the web and started playing around . I use audio components at work so I had a speaker handy and some 2 way radios. I made 2 different setups using an mp3 player and the other with a portable cd palyer . The first setup uses an mp3 player hooked to one of the 2 ways , made a cable that goes from the headphone jack to the mic jack on the radio and BAM we got crying piglets on a wireless setup. The other uses the cd player hooked to a headphone amp which ties into an 8ohm 30 watt speaker . I can swap the cd player and mp3's around depending on what I want to use. The ability to change calls easily is a plus , I made my own cd's and have 2 mp3's loaded with various calls. I can change the calls on the mp3's using a laptop in the field if ai'm not happy with what on there. One of the mp3's will hold about 75 different calls depending on the length of the call. Also the range on the wireless setup has been tested at 300 yards with these radios.

-

-

-

-

Have more pics and another diagram for the player to speaker setup if anyone would like them please let me know. I do believe in the power of being able to help others so if you got questions let me know. I did not want to spend $400 on something I could make myself and always wanting to change stuff around this works for me.

[ February 25, 2005, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: tneff ]

Spike56
PAKMAN
Member # 585

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 06:21 AM      Profile for Spike56   Email Spike56         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All, New member here

I'd like some help with an ecaller! I've tried a number of things. This is what works the best for me right now. I start of with the Cass Creek extension speaker ($30) and plug in any source like mp3, cd or Cass creek predator call. Now I just need to make it remote. I ordered the NADY 151 wireless mic setup but it hasnt come in yet. I tried a setup with Motorola Walkie Talkies but there was to much noise. I've got alot of ideas from Predator masters forum and built several kinds of callers based on the Radio Shack parts. But they are too noisy compared to the Cass creek speaker, which has 0 noise. Ive got some money invested in the RS parts and horn speaker so I would like to get that working without the noise. It definately has alot more volume. If I could get some pictures of your setup that would really help, cant view the ones on the web. email is myebay@rochester.rr.com

Thanks

Spike

Posts: 7 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
tneff
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 09:48 PM      Profile for tneff   Email tneff         Edit/Delete Post 
Spike you got mail.
Spike56
PAKMAN
Member # 585

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 07:55 AM      Profile for Spike56   Email Spike56         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks tneff, got it!
Posts: 7 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 06:04 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a terrorist device.

--------------------
Guns have two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS.

TOO FEW PEOPLE MAKE TOO MANY DECISIONS FOR TOO MANY PEOPLE

Posts: 132 | From: Curlew Wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
tneff
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 09:58 AM      Profile for tneff   Email tneff         Edit/Delete Post 
Gutpile you don't deserve a response for that remark But you'll get it anyways. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters