The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » coyote calls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: coyote calls
coyotekid
PAKMAN
Member # 656

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 09:11 PM      Profile for coyotekid   Email coyotekid         Edit/Delete Post 
i need some good calls that have rabbit distress and coyote distress that are farley easy to use and are farly cheap
Posts: 8 | From: kanasa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hawkeye
Knows what it's all about
Member # 216

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 10:00 PM      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye         Edit/Delete Post 
Zepps 1080 or critr call.
Posts: 71 | From: Tucson,AZ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 01:28 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
The Criter Call would be a good one, you can get great rabit destress crys and coyote pup destress crys from it. An Ap-6 would also be a good call to get. Very easy to blow and great destress and puppy crys!

Brent

[ May 18, 2005, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: keekee ]

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
A.D.B.
PAKMAN
Member # 659

Icon 14 posted May 24, 2005 09:07 AM      Profile for A.D.B.           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy Andersons new calls from Premos are the vary best in my opinion.

--------------------
Love to hunt

Posts: 2 | From: Salem, Oregon | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2005 10:43 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy Andersons new calls from Primos are not worth their money in my opinion. Skeery calls are a good choice, Dan Thompsons PC2 and Weems would fit the bill as well.
Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2005 12:13 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
I've enjoyed the KiYi from Primos, also the Still Cottontail call. The Sceery calls are OK, though a couple of them are "hard blowing" calls, in that you have to put a lot of air through them to make them work.

The specific call is not as important as is how you make it sound, and if you believe in it. If you can make it sound like something having a rather bad day, it will call critters. Visit any of the on line stores that sell calls, find a rabbit in distress and go from there. They will all call coyotes.

Good luck and good hunting

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2005 04:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, A.D.B. Glad to have you on board.

I sort of agree with THO. Hand calls are a very personal preference, everybody has a few favorites, but there (in my opnion) is no magic involved. If it fits your hand, and fits your style, and you like it, that's the one for you. I could loose every one I own, every one that I have been using for decades, and except for spending a few more bucks, and getting used to the particular call, I wouldn't miss a lick. They all work, open reed, closed reed, diaphragm. They all call coyotes if you do your part.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2005 04:15 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the biggest problems i see with many guys that buy calls,"blows them all, but master none,"especialy the howlers".My personal opinion is,if your a biginner,a call maker or a collector,pick what you like and be the best with it you can be,"you will bag more predators."
Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bud/OR
Member # 450

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2005 10:53 PM      Profile for Bud/OR   Email Bud/OR         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey JRBhunter,

Try Sceery's DBP-10 for gawdawful range with howls. It also kicks butt if you do a 'dog-fight' as they show on E.L,K,'s 'The Challenge' video with their Yote-Buster. The DBP-10 does it better and louder. I haven't found the call worth ten cents for prey sounds but man-o-man is it ever a howler.

Bud

Posts: 51 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters