The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » 21st cent. updates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 21st cent. updates
tooslow
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1063

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 07:43 PM      Profile for tooslow   Email tooslow         Edit/Delete Post 
My hunting gear is stuck in the 20th. cent.

Give me an up to date version of a 21st cent. gear bag--what's the hot call, camo, light ect., or should I stick with the old because the animals are used to the new stuff at present.

Just another pain in the A.

Pat

Posts: 28 | From: Hesperia, Ca. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 09:09 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
For what? Night hunting, we are thirty years ahead of the Texas high chair rigs, and they don't even know what a dual light is. Also, they use ordinary hunting rifles.

Daylights? The big improvements are in electronics, of course. Digital. 400 yard remotes. One hundred sounds at the press of a button. And, for cats, you have very worthwhile electronic decoys.

Other than that, not much difference. The old stuff still works, if you do your homework. Same old story, you can't call them if they ain't there.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tooslow
Member # 1063

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 09:49 PM      Profile for tooslow   Email tooslow         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like I could blow the dust off and I be good to go. Same old story--area, area, area.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 10:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised that you didn't ask about all the gear I had laying on the dinning table, when you dropped in?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2007 06:34 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
all you need is to update your recipe for Leonards majic mist that I am sure you used centuries ago, but he has improved it given the new technology advances.

I am waiting for Minaska to insert a spray bottle into the caller that could be set to spray every 45 seconds or even spontaneous from the remote.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
tooslow
Member # 1063

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2007 06:44 AM      Profile for tooslow   Email tooslow         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you know how a pressurized spray gun works with the cannister screwed below, that's the hot set up,
every time you toot on the old weems it sends out a warm dusting of majic mist.

Warning!!!!!!!gogles must be worn at all times.LOL

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2007 07:05 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first started going to deer camp as a youngster, I was always impressed by the guys who showed up with the newest stuff. The hot new camo, the fancy new rifle, and all the rest.

It always seemed though that the guys with the old 30 30 with dented and scratched up stock with what used to be a blued barrel, the ones wearing the old thread bear wool shirt and jacket that they had been wearing for the last 20 years, were always the ones who had something to hang on the game pole.

Just a thought.

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
tooslow
Member # 1063

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2007 07:16 AM      Profile for tooslow   Email tooslow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure those guys would love to trade in their crank start model T for a Dodge Hemi 4X4. When you have such little time in todays world you want to get the most bang for your buck.
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2007 09:33 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
or should I stick with the old because the animals are used to the new stuff at present.

You asked a question, and I gave you an opinion, which you thanked me for with a smart ass reply.

Which in the original post, you pretty much let on would happen

quote:
Just another pain in the A.
Well, I guess you weren't talking to me anyway, otherwise you would have posted in a public forum

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

tooslow
Member # 1063

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2007 09:46 PM      Profile for tooslow   Email tooslow         Edit/Delete Post 
Just keep stirring the pot it intensifies the flavor of the site.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 11:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, THO?

On the one hand, your observation has a lot of truth: old 30/30 threadbare wool shirt, meat on the game pole, etc.

On the other hand, I fail to recognize what you have described as a smart ass thank you?

You don't know Pat, but I do. And, I don't know you, but in this instance, you appear to be a bit sensitive, just an observation; although I could be wrong?

As my hunting partner for more than 25 years, everybody always liked him better than me, (personality wise), and always had more accurate rifles,(a jealousy issue)...on the other hand, I'm far better looking.

Be assured, Pat has never before, been described as a smart ass, or inclined toward smart ass riposte.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 12:55 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
I must have had a bad hair day. My apologies.

AL

--------------------

THO Game Calls

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted January 06, 2007 05:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No apology necessary, as far as I'm concerned. I often try to head off disagreements, but from here on out, if tooslow says something you don't like, he's all yours! Take no prisoners. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

The Bandit
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 07:15 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am waiting for Minaska to insert a spray bottle into the caller that could be set to spray every 45 seconds or even spontaneous from the remote.
We thought about that even asked ole Rich about it quite awhile ago I'm sure we can fire it off the remote. We were also thinking about the scent blower having it's own RF receiver so you don't stink up your call.

We built the first Big Country with built in decoy on Friday so that will be another option.

Todd

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 06:18 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
That is Great news Todd;

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters