The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Minaska Welcomes Seven New Field Staff Members! UPDATED (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Minaska Welcomes Seven New Field Staff Members! UPDATED
The Bandit
Knows what it's all about
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 03:05 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
We are proud to announce the latest additions to our Field Staff. Lance Homman, Perry Madl, Gary Clevenger, Randy Becker, Murry Burnham & Rich and Tyler Higgins.

We will be posting full biographies for each of the guys in the coming days.

Please join us in welcoming them to the team.

[ June 20, 2007, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: The Bandit ]

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 03:27 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
Good job guys!
Posts: 167 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 04:07 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance Homman, Perry Madl, Gary Clevenger, Randy Becker and Murry Burnham,

Welcome to Minaska! The paychecks are small, but the fringe benefits are priceless. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 04:52 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
The Higgins boys and electronic callers... no wonder Hades is freezing over and sending the leftover heat to the valley of the sun... [Eek!]

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 6 posted June 22, 2007 05:29 PM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rich, I have a report that due to tidal changes, dust in Yakima, the magnetic pull of the poles and global warming that the Minaska will not work here. Being a doubtful and scientific-ally sorta inclined feller I volunteer to test the Minaska you have in order to disprove this ugly and viscious rumor.
yers in scientifical sorta pursuits,
Carl

Congrats!! I am sure you guys will give it a workout! (Rich, I think yer lucky Tyler is letting you tail along) LOL

Posts: 322 | From: Wild West | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:27 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Carl, if you will volunteer to guide me onto some
coyotes around say Yelm, Chehalis, Wenatchee then I'll deliver it myself. [Smile]
You're kinda right about Tyler. I have to bribe him to let me tag along.

IP: Logged
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2007 10:30 AM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd try to take you out anytime Rich, and to make sure I find the right spots just go ahead and send up that Minaska!!
Around Yelm, there are yotes, very urban, finding a spot with permission, huntable and you can shoot safely is tough. Centralia/Chelasis is better but about the same problems, more area though.
Over around Wenatchee can be good,lots of people recreate there and hunt there.
I have been thinking about what it must be like to guide or take folks out, locating animals, not disturbing them, having 8-10 GOOD set-ups each day. getting people in and not disturbing.
Tell you what I have a place near Spokane that is good, and a GREAT place in northern Montana, thats where I'd rather take you.
Even more though, I am dying to hunt that desert country, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, I bet there is some kick butt calling. I am going to try to put something together to come to the camp out, then hunt a few more days this October. Drive down and bring all my junk. Guy needs his own junk ya-know. I have an old Loudmouth, it works good, my most productive sound on it so far is Red Fox pup distress. What color camo you use down there?
Carl

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2007 10:42 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Carl, I'd be delighted to have you stay for awhile. We can call some of my tame urban coyotes. Bring a designer jogging suit for camo and I'll download a recording of an electric can opener onto the Bandit. [Smile]
Norm, I missed your post before. Now I feel guilty about this heatwave. 112 today. Better ice everything down.

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2007 12:17 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Carl,

I have to admit, when I saw Rich ask if you could "guide him onto some coyotes around say Yelm, Chehalis, Wenatchee..." I had to bite my tongue.

I'm not all that suprised by your reply. And I am glad he asked you instead of me.

I wouldn't hunt with me, on a dare!
Way too much bad luck, and it might rub off on someone else.
The best thing I can do, is keep my curse to myself.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2007 02:44 PM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, If you want to go hunting, and really want to go, commitment here, IF we have enough time to plan and enough time to hunt, I will give you my personal promise I'll put a coyote in front of you.
Your opinion of your effect, kharma, luck mean nothing to me. I will tell you this, I hunt and call 100% different than I did. last year I think I may have learned some REAL important lessons. I cant explain them really. some seem obvious but arent.
Its reading the contour, setting the caller in the right spot, the ambush point, when to shoot,I am sure I'l learn more this year. I still feel overwhelmed with the information I finally figured out last year, one of the biggest is this:
confidence!
There are coyotes here, they are going to come in, all I have to do is pay attention to the elementry things, do not doubt, all of a sudden there they will be. confidence changes your attitude and calling.
If you go in thinking "maybe" or "if I am lucky" that will be the truth, if you go in "knowing you scouted, set up, and call the best you can" the coyotes are going to come in. Here I go, talking like I know what I am saying, prolly cursed my self, confidence. LOL.
anyway, thats my 2 cents.
Carl

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2007 04:45 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Carl,

Let's not drag this off in some direction it shouldn't go.

Rich asked you already, to start a thread, to talk about "believing" in magic.
And I'd be more than happy to discuss that particular subject matter there.

The reason I had to bite my tongue, is I think that's a tall order for anyone to fill, for exactly the reasons you listed.
But I was going to let you tell him that for yourself... which yuo did. [Wink]

I know who Lance, Mr Burnham, and the Higgins' are, but I'm interested to hear who the other people are.

Maybe someone can put this train wreck back on track. [Roll Eyes]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2007 11:22 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew I ruint Tyler on electronics. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2007 02:41 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, you didn't ruin Tyler, you made an evengelist out of him. He is now a true believer. [Big Grin]
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 06:09 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Will the Higgins', Murry Burnham, Cdog, Nahuatl (coolest screen name ever by the way) Randy Becker and Perry Madl be purely consumptive field/ pro staffers? Will they be asked to submit their Super Secret Sounds of the Seventies as Mr. Rich Cronk was?
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 07:19 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! One and All!

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 07:39 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
So Nahuatl is Gary Clevenger?

Krusty  -

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 07:45 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
smithers,
I would like for you to know that during my time as a field staff rep. for Minaska, I was never "required" to give them anything. I have always given free advice to anyone who asked for it. I have said many times that my mission in life today, is to help folks become better callers. I will continue to do so, thank you very much.

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 08:07 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Mr. Cronk I did not mean to imply that you were "Required" to do anything. If that is the way it came across I apologize. I know that you would and do readily hand over most all of the info you have collected from the field over the years. I for one appreciate it.
I am sure every field staff member of any type gets a little rush knowing that somewhere, someone may be using a sound they contributed or is wearing a piece of clothing they had a hand in designing.
Krusty, I sure hope so! I think. I am pretty positive it is.
Third edit: Krusty, yes it is and he is also a... Retired analytical chemist.

[ June 25, 2007, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: smithers ]

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2007 04:37 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
smithers,
I get a little bit cranky at times. Comes with the old age I guess. Let's just pretend that I didn't bust your chops a little. [Wink]

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2007 07:48 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
"Let's just pretend that I didn't bust your chops a little."
You may forget it, 'cause you are old [Big Grin] , but I won't. I am scarred for life [Smile] . I will go back to my corner now [Frown] . TYVM

George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2007 07:57 AM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich ,

Cool this means when i get out there this Dec.i will finally see this unit in person.

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2007 08:26 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Smithers,
Old? Me? This was me just yesterday. [Cool]
 -

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2007 09:39 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Nice glamour shot, Mr. Cronk.
Older equals wiser, equals the right to slap down young pups like myself.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2007 12:20 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cool this means when i get out there this Dec.i will finally see this unit in person.
In the flesh, so to speak. George you can fawn over it, lust after it and even drool on the display case, where it will remain until Sun nite after the contest(no electronics permited). Monday you can take the little darling out and run her through her paces for the rest of your visit. If you become emotionally involved with her, the consequences will be yours alone.
PS. everything has it's price. [Smile]

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2007 12:44 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Bofire:Even more though, I am dying to hunt that desert country, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, I bet there is some kick butt calling.

There is some good calling in some parts of Utah and also some really good calling in alot of the Nevada desert,But I would leave the Minaska home. Most of the coyotes around here can be tough to call sometimes so you will need to use a Foxpro to get them to come in. [Wink]

Good Hunting Chad

[ June 26, 2007, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters