The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Foxpro/Minaska purchase

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Foxpro/Minaska purchase
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2007 09:53 AM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been using an old Loudmouth for a few years and am thinking about a new caller.
I have to use reading glasses as I am getting older and have a couple questions.
It has been a long time since I saw a Minaska remote and I dont remember how the screen looks.
As I use reading glasses I have been thinking an FX3 might be good for me as the number is larger and I might be able to read it without glasses, 32 sounds are plenty for me, the FX5 I know will require glasses. Thats a pain.
What do you guys think? Is the minaska reader large? The FX3 looks like the numbers are close to 1/2 inch, what about the Minaska?
thanks
Carl

Posts: 322 | From: Wild West | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2007 11:35 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Carl, how you use it will make all the difference of course, but on my FX5, I use the presets almost all the time. Which means I never even look at the remote, just hit the right button entirely by feel.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2007 11:56 AM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks DAA, didn't think of that. I checked the Minaska site and they dont seem to have a reader screen at all. might be easier, as the buttons seemed large.
Posts: 322 | From: Wild West | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Bandit
Knows what it's all about
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2007 03:55 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Carl,

Our remote has 15 buttons and there is not a LCD display to look at. If you want to play sound #3 you turn on the remote and push button #3 the call will start out at zero volume and you increase it with the remote. While playing any sound in the 10 banks you can play another sound in that same bank by pushing one button with no scrolling and sending. The remote does not go to sleep so once you memorize your hot sounds it is very easy to navigate. Most guys put their favorites in bank #1 so they have ten sounds with a single button push. Hope this helps

[ August 11, 2007, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: The Bandit ]

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2007 07:03 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Im a hand call guy but I think I need to try one of these big country bandits out...it may just be the ticket for those 30mph+ days. Wonder if a guy could test one of these out for a year? [Big Grin]
Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahuatl
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2007 12:02 PM      Profile for Nahuatl   Email Nahuatl         Edit/Delete Post 
I may have a loaner at the campout.
Posts: 202 | From: Mount Gleason, Angeles NF | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2007 12:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Gary, can you email me your phone number? I want to talk about downloading sounds. Not today, though, I'm going dove hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters