The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Roll-out...'08

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roll-out...'08
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2008 12:45 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I've had the shop up and running pretty good, so I've got some all new stuff ready to go.

First up is a plumwood call, with a tri-oval body, and the curved bell end.
It's going to Kevin Lukens one of these days... ya out there Kev? [Smile]
The colors in this wood, are amazing;
 -

Next is another plum call, with a medium angle bologna cut end;
 -

Then there's this speedy looking job, also in plum, with a slightly longer body and a deeper angle on the end cut.
When I was racing motorcycles, I knew a guy named Speedy Kell (not a nickname)... in his honor I named this call "Speedy Kill".
Hopefully it will be able to live up to it's name (so I better not keep it);
 -

A black walnut, bologna cut, little blaster, that the photo just doesn't do justice;

-

The last two are maple, with some figure, like the plum pair one is slightly longer and more sleek, the other more compact;

-

-

I have a small cherry call, curved bell, with a howler voice, but I haven't decided if I can let it go.

And I have a mesquite wood call, for Joel Hughes, but being an oily wood it's lagging behind in the finishing process.

I'll post pictures of them later.

Joel,

I'll need your shipping address.

JoeF,

You want in on this?

Thanks for lookin', and everyone's interest and inquiries.

Krusty  -

[ March 09, 2008, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Knows what it's all about
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 06:53 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice call I will get the check Sent tomorrow.
Thanks KK
Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 07:00 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
KK I am sorry I dident get the check out 2 weeks ago but I have been real busy trying to get the filming stuff done for sheperd scopes and trying to do some for Brent Ped snyp styx. Dont know if it will be used but still need to get it out.
I got my pc fixed wed and am back up and running again.
Let me know when you get the check
Sorry it wasent sooner and thanks
Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 07:24 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

No apologies needed, I was just wondering where ya went?

I'm behind on my mailing myself. [Smile]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2008 12:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
K, how big a piece do you need? Is a branch about an inch in diameter workable?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2008 05:23 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
I had stopped sending calls out with single reeds for a back-up. It seemed most guys were losing them anyways.
After rethinking it, I am sending call with a single reed again, not as a back-up, but an outright alternative.

The sound created by the double-stacked reedset isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I need to be accommodating to that.
As always, anyone interested in playing with stacking and unstacking, or shapes and materials, gimme a shout and I'll send some reed materials your way.

The cord I had been using for the lanyards has tripled in price (it's made of oil), and the quality dropped off (probably made in Gawd-knows-where, by children, now), so that's why they've been discontinued.

Kevin,

Alright man, you're call is on it's way, and I was really sad to see it go. [Wink]

I hope it sounds perfectly horrible! [Big Grin]

(*Sounding "horrible" is a good thing, when calling predators.)

Leonard,

About 3/4" is the minimum end of what I can work with, but that's pushing it.
Even at 1" it doesn't leave much room for shaping the bell anything but (close to) round.

Krusty  -

--------------------

KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2008 02:46 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
KK The call arrived this AM!
Man the photos dont do it justis!
I am inpressed with the sound as well cleen and crisp!
Thank you and Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters