The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Mini Caller By Wildlife Tech (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Mini Caller By Wildlife Tech
howler
Knows what it's all about
Member # 197

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2009 04:41 PM      Profile for howler   Email howler         Edit/Delete Post 
Its new this year anybody have a chance to use this call yet, I'm curious how it performed, was it easy to carry, or clumbersome. Dose it live up to its bigger versions, loud and proud

--------------------
Powder River let'r Buck

Posts: 53 | From: Glasgow, Montana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2009 07:13 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the members that goes by NewBomb bought one not to long ago and has had good luck with his so far. No matter which one you buy thay are all good units..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Clint
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2009 07:13 AM      Profile for Clint   Email Clint         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,
If you aren't careful you are going to wear a little hold in Bill's pant leg. [Wink]

Posts: 148 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2009 08:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
A smaller than average hole? Is that what you mean?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
newbomb
Member # 888

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2009 09:15 AM      Profile for newbomb   Email newbomb         Edit/Delete Post 
The call is very loud for its size and the new remote is ALOT more reliable than last years model. Here are some hero shots to show the size compared to some 35-40 pound coyote.

-

-

Posts: 66 | From: southern indiana | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2009 10:22 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bomb,
How does it sound compared to a foxpro?

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2009 10:31 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
All the WT models sound better than a tin horn fox-pro. [Big Grin]

--------------------

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2009 12:34 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey ain't that a "tin horn" speaker?? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Clint
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2009 06:25 PM      Profile for Clint   Email Clint         Edit/Delete Post 
How's that saying go, eating WT's and shitting Minaskas? [Wink]
Posts: 148 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2009 09:12 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
What I want to know, was Bill right? Well they call in five times more animals then any caller on the market?

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
newbomb
Member # 888

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2009 07:35 AM      Profile for newbomb   Email newbomb         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have only hunted over a foxpro a total of maybe 20 stands,all with no callups. I have hunted with this caller about 12 stands resulting in 2 triples 1 double and 2 singles of which I killed a total of 4 coyotes (and if I can brag is DAMN good numbers in southern Indiana). This is my 4th serious year of calling coyotes so Im still very new, but this caller has given me a confidence level like Ive never had. Somtimes just "knowing" your gonna see animals makes all the difference in the anticipation of the total hunting experience not just the kill.
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2009 12:09 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
I checked out the call on the WT site, it looks like a good deal at $490 and maybe something I'd be interested in.
Newbomb, 12 stands and 11 coyotes, that's not good, that's outstanding anywhere in North America. [Smile]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2009 01:05 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"What I want to know, was Bill right? Well they call in five times more animals then any caller on the market?"
------------------------
Onecoyote,
The short answer is NO. You and I both know that any caller will call coyotes if it will play the screams. That little WT that Newbomb has is a cute little bugger though ain't it?

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
newbomb
Member # 888

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2009 01:39 PM      Profile for newbomb   Email newbomb         Edit/Delete Post 
But I only killed 4! Maybe I oughta trade my bolt gun for them guns ARSHAW uses? Quick follow ups on them multiples.
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2009 04:38 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
newbomb,
You did good on the coyotes, I ain't knocking you or your caller. [Wink]

--------------------

newbomb
Member # 888

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2009 06:03 PM      Profile for newbomb   Email newbomb         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you sir, coming from you that means alot.
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2009 08:16 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Newbomb, my little comment was an inside joke for those who know about it, I was sure not knocking that little caller of yours. Heck, I could be owning one soon lol.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2009 04:58 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Heck, I could be owning one soon lol."
---------------------------------------
Onecoyote,
Buy two of em while you are at it. Send one of the buggers to me. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2009 09:25 AM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
It looks good and the price is right. I'd have bought the previous small size WT three years ago if the doggone thing would let me put my own sounds on it. I really like the WT e-caller.

But I call a lot of kind of critters and often experiment with new sounds. The lady on the phone at WT was nice and said that I could send it back along with a recording of a sound I want and they would put it on the caller. We'd be sending it back and forth all the time.

I have added a dozen or more sounds to my Minaska, 8 of them generated by myself. Some are species specific vocalizations for critters like lynx that nobody offers. I'd have even more self generated ones on it for mule deer, different ones for blacktail, etc. if it was legal to call them with an e-caller.

When talking with Bill Martz about it, he said that there was no sound I could want for calling game that he didn't have available. So I named one. He replied, "Oh."

I found him reasonable, enjoyed talking with him and learned a bit. I like his product, just wish it had more flexiblilty about loading on sounds.

OK, this turned into a vent. I feel like a diabetic craving a chocolate bar he can't have.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2009 10:10 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Okanagan,
I know exactly what you mean. I record and use a lot of my own sounds also. I would not be happy with a caller that didn't allow me to load my own sounds into it. Bill Martz loves to hold his customers hostage to the "Martz" sounds. Makes more money for him that way.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2009 11:28 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
You get 40-50-60 sounds with a WT. How many more does a guy need.. From the last two trips i used about 6 different sounds and i don't think most callers would need to use any more than that. Great sounds and they get results..
I was getting an average of 1 response out of 3 stands where i used to get 1 out of 10 stands. The only thing different was i located four days prior and i used a WT.

I also have a Minaska big country and have around 250 sounds i can use on it, the problem is that most of the sounds i have have to be edited and cleaned up and when finished some of them still don't sound right or are weak in volume.. I like the B.C. so i will spend my summer trying to get the sounds i have to work with it properly...
But then again after useing the WT maybe i'm exspecting to much from the B.C.

--------------------

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2009 12:43 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
How many sounds does a guy need? Only one maybe 2 per stand if he blows the first chance but thats not the point is it. I like being able to add my own sounds. I think WT would sell more callers if he'd change this.

They definately have a great caller, so my question is, is it the way the sounds are recorded or is it the sounds themselves or is it the speaker? Maybe a combonation of all 3. Would JS sounds call 5 times more coyotes on a WT or would WT sounds call more coyotes on a FP?

As for calling critters, I made one stand monday evening a week ago and killed one coyote. Went back to the same place wednesday morning, made one stand and killed another. Went back saturday morning and was blank on the first stand and killed one on the second, killed another on the third stand and called (but let him get downwind) on the fourth stand. I ain't good at math but that's not bad average for the same 800 acres. Was it my caller? My ability to pick stands? Stupid coyotes?

I really want one of these WT callers and will as soon as I can afford one but it would be nice to add sounds. Although I do understand it has more to do with keeping someone from "pirating" his sounds. Maybe he could sell a blank caller with the ability to add your own sounds?

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2009 02:27 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
If you could down load sounds in the WT i don't think they would work, too much distortion!
You could do like i do and many others is have two callers.. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2009 03:32 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
You get 40-50-60 sounds with a WT. How many more does a guy need..
---------------------
It ain't that I need MORE sounds, I just like using those that I record myself. I see that the new little WT caller uses 10 AA batteries. I wonder if a feller could use a 2.9 Amp hour 12 volt sealed lead/acid battery instead?

TA,
If you have a few particular sounds that you need cleaned up, just E mail em to me. I am pressed for time right now, so don't send too dang many sounds. Just a few favorites that you would like cleaned up. I am 50 calls behind on my orders as I type this.
cronkcalls@aol.com

--------------------

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2009 03:50 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
"You could do like i do and many others is have two callers.."

I know Tim but I keep buying more crap that I "NEED" [Big Grin] All the talk last week on the 4.5-14 scope and all of a sudden I "needed" one. Actually the deal was just too good to pass up.

Newbomb, stay away from those evil AR's they'll just make you miss faster and more often... or maybe not.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters