The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » latest fads in coyote cartridges (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: latest fads in coyote cartridges
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 09, 2016 05:43 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Brent, No I loved the 35 grain Bergers for coyotes. I had great luck with them. The reason I switched was because the bullets seemed like they were always backordered and the price just kept creeping up. And the B.C kept getting lower. I think they want 30 bucks for 100 now. Where as the 32 grain Noslers have alittle better B.C. I can shoot them alittle faster but best of all 43 dollars for 250 bullets. I just hope they perform as good as the Bergers on Coyote. But so far so good. As far as the 45's go My results are like Daves very good bullet although I was only running them around 3600fps.....

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 10, 2016 04:34 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Braska, that's not too encouraging [Big Grin] . Ordered last August, over a year to get it... [Eek!] .

Mine is a 6.5 too. Form 4 sent mid Feb., check didn't cash till April. A friend texted yesterday that he just got the stamp on a check cased in Jan. From that and other things I'm hearing lately, I think I got another three months, maybe more, before I see mine.

God knows when the Specter II I bought in May will get out of jail. Which, BTW, was really thinking I wanted a Dead Air Mask, but couldn't find one in stock local and didn't want to dick around with form 3 on it, so bought SiCo that my local guy had in stock. Rate things seem to be going, it's going to be warm weather again before my daughter gets to blast a brick of .22's through it...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted September 10, 2016 07:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rise up, sheep! Why tolerate such injustice?

The fact is, the situation is ridiculous. Imagine, you are buying door bells. Or, starters for your truck, pay your money in February and who knows when you get it?

Yes, of course, I'm exaggerating, but not by much. Especially if it is such a health saving issue. Your insurance should be paying for it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brent Parker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted September 10, 2016 04:56 PM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Chad for clearing up my misunderstanding. I have a 6.5 Ultra 7 coming as well.
Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2016 08:40 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd let the 6Dasher saga play out a while, hence the 6x47Lapua. Geordie tells me very good things about his 6 & 6.5x47Ls!
Roger That Fred....the 6.5 is gods cartridge, and the 6 is the second comeing....inside joke. I am with you on the 6dasher wait and see philosophy...wondering how the norma brass works out.

As for the suppressors, average wait now is 9 months....get started now, and get the clock running. The TB U7 is one of the quietest suppressors I have been around....I have also seen two come apart...I will stick with my silencer techs.....not the quietest, but definitely durable. And yes, they can provide an advantage to coyote hunting.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters