The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Back-up Gun?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back-up Gun?
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 01:30 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine recently gave me a handgun he thought was right about my size.

But I think it might be a little light for a back-up predator hunting gun...

So I need to spice it up a little...

Can I have my .25 auto Ackley improved? [Wink]

Cause right now it has a lower muzzle velocity than my WRIST ROCKET! [Razz] [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

We looked it up somewhere and it said "The .25s are best used for visual threat, and as an audilble deterrent."

I told the li'l woman if she used it for a purse gun, she'd have to take it out of her purse or the bullet might not make it out! Hahaha

Jeff  -

[ February 20, 2003, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RayG
Knows what it's all about
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 11:56 AM      Profile for RayG   Email RayG         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,

Sure you can, but much modification to the frame is required. The new round is called 45acp.

Ray

--------------------
RG

If you don't vote, don't offer your opinions about the outcome.

Posts: 34 | From: Corvallis, MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barry
Knows what it's all about
Member # 34

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2003 07:31 PM      Profile for Barry   Email Barry         Edit/Delete Post 
A fly swatter might work better. [Smile]
Posts: 133 | From: Trinidad CO. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 10 posted February 25, 2003 10:46 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
So I took the "Super P" (super Pea shooter) out shooting yesterday... I had only fired it about a half dozen times before that.

And it broke!?! I haven't even fired forty rounds though it since it was given to me!

I was shooting and it stopped cycling a round into the chamber. [Frown] The firing pin was stuck in the "fire" position... and the bolt wasn't letting the head slide into the extractor, because the pin was in the way.

And it was really stuck out there... so last night when I got home I became a gunsmith...

I took the gun apart, and figured out how to remove the firing pin. When I got it out I could see that the back of the pin had been "mushroomed" by repeated striking from the hammer... so I got out a sharpening stone and spent the next two hours grinding down the pin and reassembling the bolt.

I finally got the thing back together and made it able to cycle rounds again (this took many attempts), and this morning I got up and went down to the tool bench and "staked" the plate that holds the firing pin back permanently in place.

I'm feeling pretty cocky about now [Big Grin] but now I also know why a gunsmith makes a good living... I'da charged at least $50 for the job I did last night.
I have to wonder if I've found my new calling in life...

Jeff  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters