The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Pleading techniques needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pleading techniques needed
Norm
Knows what it's all about
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 10:43 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
How would ya'll plead with the holder of your financial funds for one of these.

http://www.smallcaliber.com/winter2003/ [Big Grin]

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 02, 2004 11:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are in unexplored territory, buddy. I don't ask because I can't justify. That leaves one alternative.....

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 11:11 AM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
Whelp, around here it usually cost me about three times the cost of the item of my desires. Example, I bought a Cooper .221 FB from Mr Frame, it cost me two $700 recliners. That’s what it took to get SWMBO’s OK for that Cooper. YMMV

Ken

Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 11:30 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that would probably cost me some diamond earrings and a lot of "snuggle time" if you know what I mean [Big Grin]

Hmmmm...almost worth it [Eek!]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tonlocus
Member # 254

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 03:20 PM      Profile for tonlocus   Email tonlocus         Edit/Delete Post 
Just remember it's NOT easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I learned that lesson awhile ago when I got it into my head to just go out and buy myself a new atv. I had the damned thing for three years and finally got rid of it because it was always a thorn in my better halfs side. Remember NO MEANS NO [Wink] . By the way whatever happens to work for you don't keep it a secret. Us old married guys need all the help we can get when it comes to buying our big toys for big boys.
Posts: 76 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 03:32 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Norm, she is an urban lady. Appeal to her soft green side. Inform her that the little sub-calibers bounce off coyotes and if you had one it would save untold lives. If all hunters used them Bambi would still have a mother. [Wink]
IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 06:49 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Tony,

But I've got to disagree this time. It's always been easier to get forgiveness than permission for me. If I ask and she says "NO" then I'm screwed. If I just wonder in the house with a new rifle, then I just say "But don't you remember a few months back and you told me that when I saved enough money off of my Overtime I could get...."

She's getting older at the same rate as me, sooner or later she's bound to forget something. Until then, I'll just claim my bad memory, or that I misunderstood. "I made a dumb mistake honey, I'm sorry, I'll try to remember never to do it again"

Edit:

Crap, I left this window opened and walked away. Now I'm screwed too! [Frown]

[ January 02, 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Tim Behle ]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 7 posted January 02, 2004 07:00 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Norm, here ya go bud, this works every time. [Big Grin]

When the box arrives, you remove the address label. Next, place the box on the kitchen table.

When she comes home from work, tell there is a package for you on the kitchen tabel. She opens it and is so pissed, she actually vapor locks and passes out. While she is in a pile on the floor, put the weapon in the gun same. When she wakes up, half of her anger and wind has been taken out of her sails, however, the remaining half is still a bitch, but well worth the gun. She will get over it. Yeah, right! [Big Grin]

Norm, go for it!

Bruce

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 07:31 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Bucksnort... I'll make a deal with you...

You test it out with your wife's new wall tent, then I'll try it out here with a rifle. [Big Grin]

We will wait for you to post your test results.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

John/Alaska
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2004 05:57 PM      Profile for John/Alaska   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys crack me up!! I'm not sure that I would try Bucksnorts method (he has got a year or two on me!) but I will say "go for it!"

Don't know if I can help Norm but what I do is just put a new rifle, pistol or bow on my x-mas or birthday list. Guess what? So far I have obtained better then 80% of what I wished. Timing has sucked sometimes but evenually I do get get it even if I have to beg for forgiveness later. Actually I have used "But dear I have to fill up that gun safe that you got me for x-mas, don't I?" Got a 45-70 guide gun with that one!! Or "But dear me and the grandson can go squirrel hunting!"

I'm still laughing.

Posts: 62 | From: Tok Alaska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2004 06:57 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after further consideration, I have decided to not go with the A/R concept, but I do have permission to search the local Pawn/used rifle racks, pick up a .223 and then have it modified with a Tactical .20 barrel.

I think I can accomplish this for about 50% of the new A/R thus have money left over to put in on hunt buddy bids!!!

BuckSnort, get that tent yet??

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 14 posted January 09, 2004 07:26 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Norm,

I've been wanting to reply to this for a couple of days. But wanted to confirm what I heard was true. PS magazine had a thing in it the other day about Brownell's now selling Remington M700 SA.

I finally got a chance to look it up, and it's true.

They come in a choice of .223 or .308 boltfaces.

Sounds like just what you need. No need in prowling the pawn shops, you can the a new action, with out having to buy a new rifle.

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 8 posted January 11, 2004 07:50 AM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Norm, I tried it and this was the results:

"What the #$%^%$&& did you buy???? Did you lose your %$$^&^76*&@ mind? You said you would never $%^%^$#&^ do that again, you %$##$&&^&^ ^$^&*(&*(&*!!!! You owe me %$#&^%$$$ big time! I want some $$^%&^%%^%^%^%^ equal time and some %$^&$# compensation. Just look at how much that #$@#$$ tent costs. You %$$#%%%% idiot, you can stay in &^%$$&*&* motels for the rest of your life for what you paid for that &^%$&^&^&^ tent!" "But dear"......"Dear my #$%%$#, that #$%%#$$% tent is going back!!!!!

So, since I could not have a tent, I thought, "I will buy her diamond earrings, and demand equal money for a tent." So I did, and they were a big hit for sure. I waited 3 months, and then prepaired myself to beg and plead for all I was worth. "Honey bunch, since you got diamond earrings, I think it only fair I get a nice wall tent." "You %$#%^$^^ %^$%#$$$%$% %$%$%$%$%$%$% blooming #$#%$$%$%$%$%$% stupid $$%#$%$%#$$ idiot, that is your problem! You are still not getting a $^^%$$$%$$$ tent!

I guess my next move, is to buy a big wall tent, and pay extra for a cash receipt that indicates I paid $2.00 rather than $2,000.00. Yep that will work. [Big Grin]

You see Norm, I know all about this vapor locking stuff. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 11, 2004 08:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bruce, there's no equality; and, there's no soluton. Not, if you like your happy home.

What is it? How did American females gain so much power?

Give up and give in, before it's too late.

And, don't listen to all of those macho men, either; they don't have a clue.

Hey, I sent you an e-mail, half way expecting a response? I don't know what it is with you and Nistetter, I never get through to either of you? I suppose your machine automatically dumps spam in blocks of 50?

Well, wasn't important, whenever you get a chance. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

edit: from what I remember of Chris; she is way too mellow to be spouting all of those %*&$ that I see above. I ain't buying it.

[ January 11, 2004, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 09:07 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
BuckSnort... Let me help you out....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3651986904&category=36119

I could buy it for ya, and then you could pay me for it...

Tent for 500; get a frame kit during the year for $200 and then some conduit later... $100;

Many small purchases versus the one big one!!!

Just like Cyclops... Got her one piece at a time!!!

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 10:51 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Norm,

That looks like a pretty good deal to me.

I may have to buy one myself. ( I'm allowed to buy nice toys from time to time ) [Wink]

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 7 posted January 11, 2004 11:44 AM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, you are just loving rubbing it in. [Big Grin]

To all, I am only playing about my wife. My little 5 foot 1 inch wife is a real keeper. She is a sweetie for sure, but dang, I still do not have a wall tent. I guess I can carry on and such, and plead my case on the board, and hope somebody feels sorry for me. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Take care.

--------------------

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 01:20 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Bruce,

How's she feel about trades? I'll swap you that Wall tent, Norm showed us on EBay, for a McMillan A-5, inletted for a M70LA with the Cheekpiece.

Sound fair?

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

DvdNimrod
PAKMAN
Member # 274

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 05:54 PM      Profile for DvdNimrod           Edit/Delete Post 
I don’t seem to have the same problems with my wife that everyone else does (with their wives, not mine). My wife seems to always be on her knees worshipping me. She tells me “Come out from under the bed and fight like a man!” So I mistakenly do. I always win, though, she gets tired easily from kicking me and passes out from exhaustion. That is winning isn’t it. I mean, I can usually stand up afterwards.

Also, whatever you do don’t tell her “I bring home the money, I’ll do what I want with it”. I forgot that she does the grocery shopping and she does what she wants with the food.

Anyway, good luck with the groveling, err I meant pleading.

[ January 11, 2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: DvdNimrod ]

--------------------
Dave

Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 06:41 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
You can buy a complete rifle new for less than $400. The stock and barrel can be sold for $75-$100.

Doesn't make much sense to pay $400 for just the action.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 05:26 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, I think those are questions that everyone has to ask when looking to build a rifle.

The pros and cons of each approach need to be highlighted and then at thend end, what is a pro for me (e.g. buy a new package for more money) is a con to someone else (save $200 and build it yourself).

In discussing the action idea with Tim, he highlighted that he had never seen the short action sold by itself before so presented it as an option.

I am off to view a Interarms Mark X mini-mauser action this afternoon... I have read that they may not be the smoothest actions in the world, so I will be interested in looking at it.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 08:48 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of a joke.

Why do women have crow's feet?

"YOU WANT ME TO S*** YOUR WHAT?"

Why do men have crow's feet?

"Pleeeeez"

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barndog
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 02:30 PM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
My old man taught me how to sneak a gun in the house. Never get a new gun case always use the same one when entering and exiting the house. However, when purchasing that first gun safe, make sure it is the biggest one on the market and never let her look inside.
Posts: 185 | From: Idaho | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters