The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » New gear for the season

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New gear for the season
Nahuatl
Knows what it's all about
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 07:42 AM      Profile for Nahuatl   Email Nahuatl         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else buy some new gear for the season? Did you find anything you just had to have? New rifle? new scope? new ammo? new calls? new widgets?

I've been sitting around for a couple of months figuring out several new ways to spend money to kill coyotes.

I'm not even going to list the rifles I bought in the last couple of months, except to say I'll post range reports after I test fire each of them.

New E-callers keep appearing, and I suppose I'll add one of those to the rig soon. Speaking of rigs, oops, we got a new rig too. I've got to start looking for the right shell.

Posts: 202 | From: Mount Gleason, Angeles NF | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 11:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I need to do, a hatch.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 01:12 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
This collection of parts:

-

Should be a completed new calling rifle by Fall. Nesika T, Jewell, McMillan, Zeiss, Talley, two Lilja #4's in .20-250 and 6/284.

Been doing a lot of wrenching and spending a lot of money on this lately:

-

Still a couple years from being "done". Hell, it will probably never actually be done, but still a couple years from completing the first phase, put it that way. Plan on using it for most of my calling trips this winter and do have it pretty well setup for that now.

Expecting a new whiz-bang caller to test by fall as well.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 02:07 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a Mossberg 500, black on black, with 20" cylinder bore bbl, and a 7 round mag tube.
The original owner fired one box of 00 buckshot through it, decided he'd had enough, and sold it to me.

For $100. [Smile]

Out to about 35 yds it patterns buckshot (and even birdshot) really well.

It should make a good brush gun.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigben
Knows what it's all about
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 02:33 PM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
last year I first bought a fx3 for the upcoming season. I figured 500 smackers thats enough. then I found a bakial combo gun and said I just have to have that too. so another 500 smackers. that was pretty much it till febuary and found out that there really was not a lot of hunting to be doing then. so I started buying custom hand calls. and I have been buying them left and right. know a couple weeks ago I found out that mike has a fx5 and another 200 dollars will be spent for the upgrade. hopefully that will be it. I think [Razz]
Posts: 54 | From: sc pa. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 05:58 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a new rifle being built for this season, Its a Stiller pred. action and is going to be chambered in 17 Pred. I purchased a Cronk howler and two custom calls made by Pilgrim pred. calls. Later this summer i want to get a Burham Bro.s electric caller and a new scope for the Pred., also more bullets and powder and some more coyote wire strecthers.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5066 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters