The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Need to find Stoney Point parts.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need to find Stoney Point parts.
bajabug
Knows what it's all about
Member # 919

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 10:59 AM      Profile for bajabug   Email bajabug         Edit/Delete Post 
Need to know location of re-loading store in Los Angeles area. Lost part of my Stoney Point bullet comparator set. I'm hopeing not to have to re-buy whole set to get missing parts. Any help would be appreciated.

Have a nice day and Good hunting .. Emilio
[Smile]

Posts: 34 | From: Pico Rivera, Ca. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 11:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, things are getting slim pickings for any shooting stuff in and around the LA area; to just walk in the door and they have what you need. That Reloading Center in Northridge closed and one in Fontana closed last year. That leaves Turner's and Weatherby and possibly The Grant Boys, in Orange County, and I doubt any of them have what you need? Probably better to contact Stony Point directly? Or Midway, or Lock, Stock and barrel, or from Cabelas shooting catalog? Online too. There are others, as well, but locally, I wouldn't count on it? Especially for parts. Midway, say what you will; has a lot of parts available....you just have to find them.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Joel Hughes
SPECIAL GUEST
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 11:32 AM      Profile for Joel Hughes           Edit/Delete Post 
I recently had to call someone at Stoney Point because I couldn't find a certain modified case for my OAL gauge/comparator. Found out that Bushnell bought rights to SP. Bushnell recently sold the SP reloading products piece off to Hornady. I ended up talking to someone at Bushnell who then gave me a contact at Hornady. I finally got hooked up with what I needed. Sorry, wish I had kept that phone number and contact name to give to you. I'd start by calling the number on the www.stoneypoint.com website. They'll get you in touch with the right person at Hornady pretty quickly.

Not sure what you lost, but buying parts of the comparator from a regular dealer is going to be tough. Best bet would be to contact them first hand and see if they can get specific items to you?

Good luck.

Posts: 145 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 11:57 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I live 30 miles from S.Pt. what part you need.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2006 03:25 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I've bought the Bushings from Sportsman's Warehouse. What parts did you lose?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
bajabug
Member # 919

Icon 10 posted December 06, 2006 10:49 PM      Profile for bajabug   Email bajabug         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the response guys. the part that I lost is the one that the inserts fit into, the one that has the slot for the caliper. And one insert for a .223 rem.
Good hunting .. Emilio .. Pico Rivera, Ca. [Smile]

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2006 04:46 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=709931

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=727771

[ December 07, 2006, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Tim Behle ]

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2006 07:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What dedication, what a favor, what a guy! This is what we come to expect from a true PAKMAN. Take a bow, Tim.

And, unfortunately, I don't have the same level of service to our membership.... but I did mention Midway, two days ago. Thinking he could look it up. [Roll Eyes]

Good hunting. LB

edit: Both Tim's deserve praise!

[ December 07, 2006, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2006 10:22 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Char' just bought a couple of new lamps for our living room. I don't know what you'd call it but, you know that little turner clicker whooper that you turn clokwise to turn the lamp on? Well only one lamp came with one. I have to unscrew the good one, walk across the room, screw the whooper on to the other lamp, and turn it on. It's really gotten to be a pain because then we want to turn them off at bed time. LOL I started just lossening the bulb and tightening it to turn it off and on. One time I was turning it on this way and it exploded. I fixed it, but I still remain whooperless!

I really really havn't the foggiest idea where to find another, PAKMAN!!!!

[ December 07, 2006, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2006 10:53 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Loco if its the little finger screw you need go back to the store where you got the lamps and ask them for one, or call the manufacture. Hmmm

--------------------

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2006 01:06 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Tim, that's about as bad as Leonard saying "check with Midway?" I mean, where's the service, where's the link to the very part I need? Come on? Whatever happened to PAKMAN hospitality?!?! I'd never tell the hungry and cold homeless guy "Go and be warm buddy, God be with you, I hope you eat well, and Good luck." No, not me, I'm a PAKMAN wannabe, I'd give him some beef jerky and a book of matches atleast. Perhaps the manufacturer is in S.C. Minn. and you can run down there for me.

P.S. That was nice of you to offer to go look for Emilio's part by the way! [Wink]

[ December 07, 2006, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2006 03:46 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Local: i checked at Wal-mart today and they have the same lamps as you. Take the one with missing switch and toss out window. Go to Wal-mart and get another. Youre problem is solved.... LOL

--------------------

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2006 05:26 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd only do this for you Danny,

http://acmehardware.com/Electrical/Leviton-0264233/

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2006 07:18 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL LOL

You 2 Tims are the greatests. Way to go PAKMEN!

Tim B. You are way tooo cool! Thank you. [Smile] [Big Grin]

--------------------

bajabug
Member # 919

Icon 10 posted December 08, 2006 11:24 AM      Profile for bajabug   Email bajabug         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your help. Thank you Tim Behle, ordered missing parts from Midways this morning.

Good and safe hunting .. Emilio ..Pico Rivera, Ca. [Smile]

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters