The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Cat forum   » took a peek....and Tim's Bear Skin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: took a peek....and Tim's Bear Skin
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted November 13, 2004 05:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody wrote to ask me about the bobcat pictured under the thread, "big cat" over on the dark side.

Okay, I looked at the scan of a newspaper clipping. That cat looks to be about 30 pounds, if you ask me. Nice cat, but certainly not the claimed 80 pounds!

Good hunting. LB

[ November 23, 2004, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2004 06:00 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

I took a look around the dark side myself today. I found several nice pictures, but I didn't find anything like these.

-

-

-

Only the White board holds my favorites!

Miss Joyce

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted November 21, 2004 06:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
THAT REALLY LOOKS LIKE A GREAT RUG, DUDE!

I also like the felt colors. For that matter, your bear has a nice uniform coat, hell of a nice trophy.

Thanks for sharing.

Good hunting. LB

edit: just noticed this was submitted by Miss Joyce. Say "hi" to Tim for us!

[ November 21, 2004, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2004 06:47 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you much. It took along time to get back but it is beautiful. And it feels so soft. I'll give Tim the message. That 40th birthday thing sure has whupped his butt. [Wink] But he is slowly getting back into the groove.
Miss Joyce

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Knows what it's all about
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2004 07:16 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
30lbs? your being kind, thats rare<g>

Tim - Looking good, I like it!

Ken

Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2004 07:31 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Joyce, did you have that done for Tim?
Dang! girl. Got any sisters?
Don't tell us that he's stress over a piddling birthday. Compared to most of us here he still has diaper rash. [Smile]

IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2004 08:20 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,
Sure did, during his Surprise Birthday Party, I had the bear wrapped up and presented during the festivities. Shock him all to pieces. He didn't expect it to be home til January or February. Yeah, got a sister. She's almost a bunny hugger. And she hates coming to visit as she has to look at our Bambi's on the wall, deer skins on chairs, stuffed mink above the TV, deer antlers everywhere and coon, fox and coyote skins everywhere else. With Tim finally hitting the big 40, I'm hoping he'll quit kidding me about being over the hill as we're now on the same team.
Miss Joyce

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2004 11:35 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice rug Tim and Miss Joyce!
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 06:08 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Just can't imagine my wife giving me a bear rug for a birthday present. Boggles the mind. Joyce, you're special.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jeff Thomason
Knows what it's all about
Member # 440

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 07:15 AM      Profile for Jeff Thomason   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Thomason         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy it is too bad your sister is a hugger! Maybe a cousin or something? [Wink]

[ November 24, 2004, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Jeff Thomason ]

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit
Day/Night Hunting Video w/50 hunts
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 43 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 06:09 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
You think a bear skin is something, she is now after me to kill a Mountain lion. She wants a full sized mount in the living room.

Did I hit the jackpot with her or what! [Big Grin]

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 08:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my wife wouldn't appreciate me making her look bad in front of a bunch of die hard hunters.

Too bad.

I cannot tell you how much I envy those that see eye to eye with their mate. Mine never saw fur nor fin worth mounting. Mine never could figure out why I needed two of any firearm.....

"you already HAVE a pistol; you ALREADY HAVE a rifle"

"You already have more guns than you need"

"$500 for a stupid fish to hang in your stupid den?"

"The den, full of dead stuff that none of the kids will go in to, because it scares them"

"It MUST be a GUY thing?"

Sob, sob.

As you all can see; I'm severely persecuted....

and it will get WORSE if she ever sees this!

Pray for me.

Good hunting. LB

(I may need a place to stay)

edit: Tim, you hit the jackpot

[ November 24, 2004, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2004 08:42 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm beginning to worry about you a little, Leonard. Reminds me of the recent news story of the soldier in Iraq. Had a few beers while at the zoo. Poked a sleeping tiger and got his arm torn off. A lesson there for you?
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted November 25, 2004 09:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Rich. I knew I could count on ya!

Lawyers would get everything, but, at least we could go hunting every weekend. What fun!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2004 10:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I help it if he was a beach bum when we met and then changed into a desert rat? [Confused]

Rich, he is on restriction, standing in a corner and bleeding profusely from his wounds. [Wink]

Mrs. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted November 25, 2004 11:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Notice that she didn't deny anything.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters