The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Cat forum   » First Bobcat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Bobcat
GUTPILE
Knows what it's all about
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2005 01:59 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Killed my first Bobcat today. Female about 20#s. Blew the crap out of her backend. 3/4 mount I guess. 30 feet away w/22-250. Wrong choice of gun , but didn't expect the unexpected. 17 rimfire will be with me from now on for emergencies. I'd post her pic. but my little princess screwed up the directions Leonard sent me.

--------------------
Guns have two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS.

TOO FEW PEOPLE MAKE TOO MANY DECISIONS FOR TOO MANY PEOPLE

Posts: 132 | From: Curlew Wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2005 02:15 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
GUTPILE,

E-mail the pics to me, I'll host em and post em for ya.

Do you have an instant messenger? If you do we can use it, and I can teach you how to post photos.

Congrats on the bobkitty! [Big Grin]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2005 05:26 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx Krusty. I'll try and send them to you.

--------------------

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2005 08:56 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
GUTPILE,

Here ya go, tell us the story.

-

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2005 06:29 AM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx Krusty.
I was driving along the road where the gold mine is here. The river is on one side and the mine/mtns are on the other. We've got snow, so I'm looking for tracks while trying to keep on the road. I looked in the ditch and there is a stinkin' cat. So I whipped into the mine haul road, jumped out of my truck, loaded my T/C Encore, dialed the scope down, A/O & power, she was mesmerizied by the fatboy that was gonna' end her mouse eatin' ways. That's how we get our first Bobcat in Washington. Now I'm going to go and try and get a nice coyote.
Gutpile

--------------------

GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2005 07:39 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,
Wanna make me a horn call? Deer antler, open reed jackrabbit style? Cost ? Let me know. No hurry, gotta take care of Ms. Kitty first.
Gutpile

--------------------

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2005 08:41 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
GUTPILE,

Sorry but you are too late, I retired from making calls (for sale) last year.
I never really made many antler calls either, it's tough material to work with, and even tougher for me to get.
Personally I think wood sounds better, too.

I used to offer a deal for the guys in Washington, if we hunted together, you got a free custom call.
Nobody ever took me up on the offer though. And, other than my brother, I only ever hunted coyotes with one other Washingtonian.

I have thought about coming out of retirement just for fun, but I am still a ways from that.
If I do I'll let you know.

If you are dead set on an antler call, I suggest you get ahold of Brad H. [Wink]

Oh... for Ms. Kitty, Lance/Cdog911 is a taxidermist, and he's done some very cool things with half a coyote... maybe he'd be able to do something cool with half a bobkitty too. [Smile]

Krusty  -

--------------------

GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2005 05:59 AM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,
The call was just a
thought. I wouldn't care if it was wood. I'm just adding to my calls. Kitty is going into have surgery today after I get her sealed. My taxidermist is pretty good too. When I get her back I'll email you pics of her. It'll be awhile.
Gutpile

--------------------

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2005 09:50 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
GUTPILE,

It wasn't a bad thought, I just didn't want to be the one trying to tell you what you want.
If wood is okay then we can work something out, eventually.
It used to be that my calls had a unique design feature, which gave them a sound no other call could make, but my "secret" (which I borrowed from duck call makers)has since been borrowed by several other predator call makers.

Hopefully, by the time you get the cat back from the taxidermist, you'll know how to post pics for yourself.
It's really not that hard, not much harder than e-mailing them.
I look forward to seeing hat they do with that cat.
Bet it weighed about 25% more before you blew the back quarter off. [Razz]

Thanks for the graphic reminder, now maybe I can convince my brother to leave his 30-06 at home.

Krusty  -

--------------------

GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2005 02:46 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,
I like having different calls. Something that my friends can't get. Leonard emailed me the directions, I printed them out, then my wife used that paper for some other nonmanley stuff. Send me the dirctions and I'll print them out again and hide them. She's always fartin' around in my office and gettin' in trouble.....

--------------------

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2005 03:25 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
GUTPILE,

If Leonard sent the directions to you, as an attachment, there's a chance you still have a copy in your computer.
They might be in a folder, inside a file called "my received files", or one called "downloads".

Click start, scroll up to find, find or folders, and, one at a time, type in the names I gave you.
Double click it in the list that comes up, and look for it in those folders. If you find it, open it and reprint it.

If that doesn't work, just e-mail me, we should probably stop using this thread as our own "tin can telephone". [Big Grin]

Krusty  -

--------------------

GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2005 06:49 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
OK Krusty.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters