The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Cat forum   » Bobcat?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bobcat?
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 11:47 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
I was browsing around listening to sounds and stumbled across this that they claim is a bobcat. It just sounds a little big to me but the only sound I have heard from a bobcat was a purr and it was in captivity. What do you think? wave file I recorded it and hosted it on my site since the site that it originated from is an anti site and I didn’t want to create any more animosity by hot linking.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 01:36 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like either a bobcat in a trap or my wife the last time I tried to get frisky at 4:a.m.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7581 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Knows what it's all about
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't sound like any bobcat i ever heard!

I think you could check with,Tim..Somewhere on another thread, he posted a creature that may have made that sound. [Eek!]

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
LionHo
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 06:38 PM      Profile for LionHo   Email LionHo         Edit/Delete Post 
Small cats (the classification to which both bobcats and mountain lions belong) by definition don't roar. That's a roar. Leopard, I'd say. (Sounds as though someone recorded it in a zoo cathouse or concrete enclosure, too.) I've seen this "bobcat" file only to download and listen to this particular roar any number of times now, in various places in various forms.

Incidentally, the old white hunter's line in Bringing up Baby, "Now THAT was a leopard!" has got to be one of the funniest old movie lines ever. Best comedic use of hands, too, when he demonstrates his call at dinner.

LionHo

Posts: 88 | From: Ventana Wilderness, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
seeinspots
Member # 676

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2005 08:27 PM      Profile for seeinspots   Author's Homepage   Email seeinspots         Edit/Delete Post 
without a doubt thats a very upset bobcat.
i've heard it many times from 'cats in a trap.

Posts: 19 | From: kansas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2005 03:44 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
For sure is a bobcat and probably in a trap or cage. I have heard that sound dozens of times over the years.

Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
LionHo
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2005 10:00 PM      Profile for LionHo   Email LionHo         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody who's interested, I've got a much clearer and much louder recording of this very same track--which might just sow some doubt, concerning it being anything besides a leopard. (Happy to email it to anyone that would care hear it.)

LionHo

Posts: 88 | From: Ventana Wilderness, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 09:50 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that Byron South has that sound on his FoxPro. I heard him practicing with it from the Latrine the morning after he ate all of those Jalapeños.

LionHo,

I'd like to hear that recording. tbehle@theriver.com

Thanks,

Tim

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 11:42 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys

A poor recording on my part. I found that on bigcatrescue on their bobcat page.

LionHo put me on the list too please, pwerx4d@yahoo.com Thanks.

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2005 04:26 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
LionHo,

I would like to hear the recording...That roar is not the same from any of the cats i had in traps...Maybe because of the poor quality of the wave file sound?

poleyup@hotmail.com

Thanks, Melvin

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters