The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Cat forum   » WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!
LionHo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 233

Icon 10 posted April 02, 2006 11:35 PM      Profile for LionHo   Email LionHo         Edit/Delete Post 
Here Kitty-Kitty [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 88 | From: Ventana Wilderness, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 02:46 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get one???

I don't get it!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
LionHo
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2006 06:20 PM      Profile for LionHo   Email LionHo         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for keeping you in suspense... the hour was late and I had some sleep and deferred business to catch up with. But the answer to your question is:

YESSIREE !!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Early Monday morning, I called a mountain lion to seven feet from a newly built remote triggered 35mm scrape-cam, with some help from my recorded (voice) lion-in-heat shriek and the next to last dregs of a bottle of ML-in-heat pee.

Cat tripped his own picture by breaking two crossed IR beams and then stood there long enough so that now I've got 24 pictures of the beast in soft morning light. At least three are gallery-worthy. In fact, I don't think I' could have gotten any better poses out of a captive cat, which is pretty amazing considering it was a remote set up.

Still have yet to upload them yet to my website--I'll point you all to it soon as I do.

LionHo

[ April 22, 2006, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: LionHo ]

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2006 06:31 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, major trophy. Congratulations.
IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2006 08:58 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
AWESOME LionHo!!!!

Tell us about your set-up and HURRY with those pictures!!!!!

Congrats!!! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted April 09, 2006 07:47 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures posted yet?

Color me anxious.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
LionHo
Member # 233

Icon 7 posted April 19, 2006 07:33 AM      Profile for LionHo   Email LionHo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,
Spent waaaay too much time trying to get a handle on Adobe GoLive in the past week, not enough time following up on prior posts.
 -
Story of the "making of"
LionHo

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2006 01:49 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Ivan,

That is an absolutely awesome picture. Whereas we often look at paintings and remark how photo-like they are, in this instance, the cat looks almost unreal, as if you - the artist - posed her just as you wanted her to be and the combinations of colors is all but choreographed. Awesome.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
LionHo
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2006 10:17 AM      Profile for LionHo   Email LionHo         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost couldn't believe my blind luck, myself, to get such a killer pose, catchlights in both eyes, with a remotely-triggered camera that didn't give me any compositional choice beyond selecting the BG, and precisely where in the scene the cat had to be to self-fire the camera.

But this wasn't exactly my first attempt, I did manage to get extremely lucky, and this is the real deal.

(For any doubters, I shot the lion on film and have 24 original transparencies, each with slightly different poses).

LionHo

Richard Grantham
Member # 107

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2006 04:23 PM      Profile for Richard Grantham           Edit/Delete Post 
LionHo, absolutly the neatest thing I've ever seen!!!!!! Big congratulation.. I treasure the cibachrome bobcat pic you sent me, can't even begin,to imagine how this will look blowed up and printed.
Richard Grantham TX

Posts: 44 | From: Schertz, Tx | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters