The New Huntmastersbbs!
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Anybody suggest a good shrink? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Anybody suggest a good shrink?
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 04:56 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I gotta start hanging out with a saner group of people.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 10 posted December 31, 2003 05:30 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
cdog.......we are all plum nuts! Some, more so than others, but not me. Nah, not me! Yeah right! [Big Grin] Happy New Year to all of you "Fruit Cakes!"

Take care.

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 06:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm taking this pretty hard. JohnHenry has proclaimed that misting is a hoax, and T&PC Magazine needs a lot tighter editorial control.

I was kinda hoping that the big guy would give us a thumbs up, Lance. But, you're right. It's not so much you, as it is a problem with me. I bother the hell out of him.

Is it too late for a retraction? Maybe if I apoligize here, on my little Internet chat board, for my latest, and most ridiculous theory.

You guys need to spend an hour over on the dark side; witness him venting. Man, he's way too smart for the rest of us mortals. 'Cept for Hercules Higgins.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 06:32 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Leonard. He's just jealous because you got your name in the magazine first and that makes you more famous than him. He hates that more than anything. If I had submitted the story I wrote for him about his dog Micky, you can bet he'd call it the greatest magazine on Earth, who only had a momentary lapse of judgment for printing your name.

Besides, if the magazine was that bad, why was he hitting me up for more old issues to read just last summer. He wasn't burning them, he was reading them from cover to cover. If he's burning them now, it's only because he was too busy cleaning up month old dog crap off of his living room floor to go out and pick up any more firewood.

Besides, I thought it was a hell of a good article, and as a paying subscriber for two copies each month, ( One goes to a High School library ) I bet they think a hell of a lot more about my opinion, than any non-subscriber.

Edit:

Do you really think we'd be here if we even knew of a half way decent shrink? I used to read a Board caller "Group Therapy" Haven't seen it in a couple of years, but it'd cost you even more than this one does. Lots of specialty shooting going on there.

[ December 31, 2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Tim Behle ]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 06:57 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I found a shrink who told me to go back and give him the red ass. So... I did. By morning, I 'll probably be banned from ever posting there again. I've said it before and I'll say it again. In the words of the man himself, Ernest Hemingway once said, "Screw the critics. If they knew what they were talking about, they wouldn't be critics." It's gonna be tough going "godless", but I'll get by.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 07:15 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Lance you don't have to wait until morning. Your little tirade-verbal scalpel, weilded as a sledge hammer, elicited the expected behavior. You used to be able to handle coyotes as well, before you lost your Mojo. [Big Grin]
IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 14 posted December 31, 2003 07:32 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, I had to take a peek at the black board to see your response. You did very well buddy. I got a good chuckle about the expert from west central Florida.

I wouldn't take it personal. It seems that the guys who know the most about predator calling have all been banned from posting over there. I'd take it as a compliment that you are now "somebody" in the predator calling world. By banning anyone who seems to know something they have effectively stopped all talk about predator calling. Hell, the "Coyote Forum" will go days even at the peak of the calling season without a new topic. If it wasn't for S.Frame's gun talk that place would have dried up and blown away by now.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rob
Knows what it's all about
Member # 75

Icon 14 posted December 31, 2003 07:41 PM      Profile for Rob   Email Rob         Edit/Delete Post 
John Henry's excerpt from Freud didn't do anything for me the one's from Gen. George Patton are much better,they always make me wanna kill somethin.

--------------------
"Where did all these #$%^&* Indians come from?" Gen. George Armstrong Custer

Posts: 224 | From: Clancy Montana | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted December 31, 2003 07:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog, just returning from dinner, and I guess I better go have a peak. I hope you "saved" your comments for we clueless; and posterity.

He's got a whole bunch of scalps hanging from his lodgepole. Welcome to the club!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 09:12 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

Did you realize that your scalp has been there longer than any one else? Yours was the second name banned, but he restored Nistetter almost a year ago.

Maybe if Lance had quoted you as saying that you "Owe everything you know about coyote hunting to the great john-henry" you might have been released and allowed to post.

But probably not for long, as Lonny pointed out, he has a habit of banning all of the more knowledgeable coyote hunters who register. There are one or two left I won't mention by name. I'm afraid he'd ban them, just to spite me.

It's really a damned shame too. It used to be one hell of a good board with some of the best information you could find on the net. But he's got the habit of banning anyone who calls him on one of his lies. Now, the only ones left don't know enough about coyotes to catch him, or a few who know better, but are extremely tolerant of his BS.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 31, 2003 10:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I do realize that, Tim. Kinda proud of it. He told me that I was on his $hitlist and would likely die there. Happy New Year!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 10:13 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
SEEEEEEE????? I told you guys Magic Mist SUCKS!!!

And, well, if you don't like it......."Just go pump your piss bottle!"

LOL Hee Hee Hee snicker snicker LOL

[Smile] ;0 :0 [Wink]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 10:15 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

For real, For real, I'm proud of you! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 11:13 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year......you guys just need to be happy you lived to see another year. I hope and pray I live to see you all again next year lol

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 05:14 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit! I got banned. And I'd hoped to start my morning by introducing yet another installment.

Anyone else notice that with 12 hours gone by, John's the only one that's come to his own defense? Sad. Very sad.

Danny, you're right. Life's too short to worry over the likes of intellectual hypocrites like false "gods". I've been writing for about ten years now. Not much lately, but when I can. I learned a long time ago that personal experience will incline many, many ppl to question what I say, and at times, all out disagree. That's okay. Criticism is a part of the business. If you're gonna put it out there, you learn to know that there will be those that will question your credibility. I focus on the letters, e-mails, and phone calls from all over the country, and on one occasion, even from Australia, that I was able to help. Or, that just enjoyed what I wrote. Each of those pieces is read by upwards of 300,000 people in several different countries. At least one of them will think I'm an idiot. I guess this time, that "one" is "god". When 've got sources like those I've featured in recent installments, I feel confident that what I offer is valid and will stand up to scrutiny.

Leonard-
Loco and my kids will gleefully attest to the fact that my scalp won't be much for anyone to brag about, unless you like leather alone. [Smile] My wife gives me haircuts nowadays 'cause I'm too damned cheap to pay a barber that much money for that little work, and a couple times back, I noticed that what little was falling had a silver tint to it. Now, most fellas wouldn't be all that excited about going grey. But me? I'm just giddy that some it stayed around long enough to turn.

[ January 01, 2004, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 06:25 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog, did you expect anything less?

I enjoyed your article and I believe there is merit in the concept described... I have never personally seen it work, though I have tried it.

I wouldn't worry about the negative reactions to your article as it is a classic example that people are reluctant to accept what they did not help create.

Keep up the great work... I look forward to additional articles in the T&PC. As a life member of the AZ Trappers Assoc, I get it every month and really enjoy it.

Happy New Year everyone. Danny, Let us know when you are having a big open house on that new business of yours. We'll try and get some folks over for some free beer, BBQ and tequila. Gotta have a big bonfire as well.

Carpe Diem;

God Bless;

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 08:36 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year to all of us. [Smile]
Tim, I agree with you. When the Black Paradigm Board was new and visited by now banned callers with long experience, there were some good, in-depth discussions. I visited rarely, the atmosphere even then was too angry and tyrannical for me. What was equally disturbing, and even more pronounced now, was, and is, the "culture of sycophancy" cultivated by Baal, the false god. [Big Grin]
I kinda wonder sometimes, how, with all the betas flopped on their backs, piddling in the air, no one has drowned in urine at Baal's feet.(sorry j-h. just good-natured fun [Smile] )
Lance is absolutely right on. If Baal ever slams on his brakes, he will create a large number of human suppositories. Read Beacon's first reply to Baal on that thread. I was more than a little embarrassed for that person. Beacon really should change his nom de plume to Taillight. [Big Grin]
When Tim and Bruce and Vic left the Black Paradigm Board they took with them the weight of substance as well as the vast majority of knowledge, skill, and experience with only a mouth and his minions remaining, (note: literary license allows me to overlook a couple of notable exceptions such as Stormin and Blaine Eddy. I don't want to offend you guys while I'm happily tweaking J-H)
Objectively, the original Coyote Gods concept, when Vic Carlson was involved, was a marketing masterpiece. I think it had enormous potential to provide a service to the calling fraternity that would become a benchmark for all other boards and forums. Ego and self-promotion can be destructive. Bummer.
Ah well. I will spend the first day of the new year tenting my pants(what is that? the same as blousing?) and mixing a bottle of mist because Tyler and I will take Stormin Norm calling on Sat and demonstrate the technique and effectiveness of "Mystifying Coyotes". Something I will happily do for Baal if he will teach me how to shoot a coyote, how to skin, flesh and stretch all that fur in his barn, how to mount and dismount a mule, how to train an effective and disciplined tolling dog, and how to retain good and loyal friends. [Wink]
Happy New Year All!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted January 01, 2004 09:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, a little tiff with a Deity to start the year off right. The count on twenty-five cent verbage is way up there, I'm always impressed with intellect.

Lance, you have good skills as a writer and I like your style.....that article in T&PC was pretty good, too!

Hercules Higgins, don't sugarcoat it; tell us what you think.

Danny, if we ever lose Andy Rooney, apply for the job, dude.

Loco: what can I say? I love my chick. And, my critters.

Norm....be careful. [Smile]

Tim, Bruce and Vic. I know there are mixed emotions. It's a pity.

All you good people enrich my dull, uneventful life. Thank you!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 10 posted January 01, 2004 09:32 AM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, you are too funny! [Big Grin]

Leonard, "mixed emotions"? I guess I don't understand how anybody can be as intelligent as he is on one side of the fence, and a stupid idiot on the other side of the fence.

OH, I want to get into this so bad! I have pulled back the reins since last night, but today, if I get into the "truth serum", things might change.

Take care and Happy New Year to all

Bruce A. Kennedy

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 09:58 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Bruce, drop those reins and let it run, "Damn the torpedoes-full speed ahead" , put your nose to the grindstone and your shoulder to the wheel or vice versa. Let 'er rip. Catharsis is good for the soul. [Big Grin]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 09:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, go to the source, when you want answers.

But. If I had to guess; let me build a little scenario for you. You are lying in bed watching a Pammela Anderson XXX rated video, covered with a sheet. It usually doesn't take very long to "build a pup tent". Therefore, I believe the suggestion was that misting accords you quite a thrill, viewed from the perspective of a certain "god".

Could be wrong; I never noticed? There is a Freudian element on the dark side, so we ordinary folks may never know, for certain?

Good hunting. LB (& thanks for the email)

edit: allowances for your age, not withstanding: "doesn't take very long"

[ January 01, 2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 10:03 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I am taking all precautions to hunting with Rich and this magic potion... I went to the surplus store and purchased a protective mask so to prevent inhaling any destructive molecules.

All this reminds me of this guy that went to the DR with a bum elbow; The Dr told him to come back in a week, but to bring a urine sample. Not believing the Dr could tell anything from a urine sample, he had his wife and daughter provide a sample.. He then jerked himself off into the mixture... took it to the dr. The dr left and came back with a print out. The patient asked with the findings were... The dr said well... your wife has VD, your daughter is pregnant and if you don't quit jerking off, your elbow will never get better....

Everyone have a prosperous New Year; Maybe 2004 will be a year when all predator hunters can realize that we all are unique individuals with very distinct opions and varying experiences. We were not created from the same mold, thus what works for you may not suit well with my thinking... but that doesn't make it wrong. We are in the information age and that is all about sharing. The key is taking what we learn and being tolerant enough to apply it before trying to discredit it... Just think if we would have all discredited the literature presented on Viagra... there would be alot of unhappy people in this world today...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
tonlocus
Member # 254

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 10:09 AM      Profile for tonlocus   Email tonlocus         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys need to form a support group. You can call it BUBBA ( B anned U sers of the B lack B oard A ssociation) [Big Grin]
Posts: 76 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 10:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just think if we would have all discredited the literature presented on Viagra... there would be alot of unhappy people in this world today...

hear that, Rich? No wonder you don't know what "tenting" means? [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

PS (just kidding, I know you're sensitive)

edit: hey! I like that one, Tony. What do you other BUBBAS think?

[ January 01, 2004, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 10:30 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Tonlocus,

Great idea. I act like a Bubba most of the time anyway, so I'm there.

On another note, "god's" comments once again brought up a matter of how old time writers were so much better than those of us today that take "pen to paper". With all the respect to those guys that they are due, comparing them to any of us today is a matter of apples and oranges.

Too often, discussions arise about who your favorite author might be and the thread invariably goes off on a tangent insulting current writers and authors.

First off, I don't expect to ever be in that class of writer. If I am destined to be, it will demand a lot more time and effort than what my life affords me now. Maybe when the kids are grown and retirement is looking me in the eye.

But, more importantly, I believe that the reader must accurately consider the relative difference between their perception of writers today, compared to the perceptions of their youth when they lacked the life experience and the internet to satiate every inquisitive demand they might enjoy. I can go back and read material by Gene Hill, one of my favorites, and it doesn't carry as much flair as it used to. London's pieces were so much more exciting, due in large part to the exotic nature of his experiences. Today, I know several regular guys who do the same thing every year. Today, it's a neat experience, but it's not so over the top.

So, for Johnboy to compare me, or any other contemporary writer, with writers in years gone by is, in short, pointless, without merit, and demonstrative of his ignorance. But, then again, he wasn't writing to impress or accurately inform. He was writing to personally attack in a coward's forum where he knew that those he was insulting would not be able to publicly repond in their own defense. For those of you that hold him in such misguided high esteem, I hope you can clearly see the nature of this mere mortal man and are willing to factor it into your future regard for him. I've never met him personally and have no plans to do so. I can't abide by a man who goes thru me to insult my friends. Seems to me that if he hasn't buried something in your backside yet, it's only a matter of time.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters