The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Who ya'll be? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Who ya'll be?
The Outdoor Tripp
Knows what it's all about
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 06:32 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Friends,

New to this board. I'm Tripp, an outdoor writer from Texas. Been hunting and outdoors 36 of my short 43 years. Predator calling 12.

Hoping you all might post a short bit on yourselves, letting me know more about my new-found elbow-rubbers.

Catch you outdoors,

Tripp

P.S. Much of my scribble is humor. Any humorous happenings relayed would be much appreciated. Outdoorsintexas@aol.com

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 06:58 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mr Tripp,

I'm just your basic slutty lesbian, who's been trapped in a man's body for the last forty years.

In my spare time, I love to hunt and trap coyotes. I move to AZ from Indiana 4.5 years ago, and I hope I never fall through the ice on another frozen river for the rest of my life.

Tim

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 08:01 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance Homman.
Wannabe writer, caller and trapper from KS. 40, feel like 80. Third generation coyotero, but the first to call them. Someday, I'll move to more coyote-rich environs. I just hang out here so ppl see me and associate me with these guys. Helps me with my low self esteem problems. [Smile]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 09:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a late start in predator hunting. In 1968, at the age of 26, I killed my first two coyotes and a bobcat on the same day. That did it; hooked for life. Most of my predator hunting is road trips, I seldom hunt locally. I like to get way off the beaten path, it's envigorating.

Now, truth be told; ain't got a day job except keeping up with things on Huntmasters.
(but, don't tell my mom, she thinks I'm the piano player in a whore house) Just kidding, about that, by the way.

But, I am recently retired, taking it easy. I enjoy the stimulating conversation online, whenever I get a chance.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 10:01 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there Mister Tripp. I'm a born Coloradoan and we say "you guys" (not ya'll), "pop" (not soda) and "30 lb. coyote is big" (not 50).

My wife and I have 4 little critters and they are my life. I love playing guitar but I suck at it. I love hunting coyotes but I suck at that too. I've called a whole bunch but I've only murderified a couple or seventeen. I've got more on video. I've nothing against shooting a coyote and letting it lay but I'd rather pay $75 to have a nice pelt made out of it. I can't often because I'm a bit poor so I opt to shoot 'em with a Canon (not a .17) I love Jesus but I behave like a pagan and really like Pacifico. I love snakes and other reptiles but I am mortified or rattlers, NASA once called me a @@^^&@^$#(member of the female anatomy)if I didn't poke at one with a 16" stick. So I did and nearly pooped my pants. Every weekend in the Spring, I take the critters out to find snakes, lizards, tadpoles, toads, frogs, crayfish, turtles, tortoises and whatever other critter we might find to build our zoo. Every late summer, we let the zoo go back to the wild to hibernate. With the rest of my time, I am a painting contractor. My guys are all from Mexico and they all have Green cards and social security numbers (possibily even real) and therefore, I am a bit un-popular with Arizona flavored lesbians - but Leon' tolerates me here anyway!!!!!

So Welcome Mister Tripp. Smile!!!! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 10:10 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mr. Tripp
Jay Nistetter here. Thoroughly enjoyed your story that Higgins posted and was fascinated with your optical illusion photo. It magically changes everytime I look at it.

I’ve been calling coyotes for a good number of years. Started out in Oklahoma during the late 60’s. Moved to Arizona in the late 70’s and started coyote calling in earnest. I self published a book in 2002, made a non-traditional hunting video in 2004 and have written a spattering of articles about old predator calls. I’m an advocate of a more non-traditional style of hunting set-ups geared towards lazy, overweight, crippled, old soles who want to have fun and still have coyote opportunities. The best advice I can give to predator hunters everywhere is to never climb a barbed wire fence wearing a ghillie suit.

I’ve been very fortunate in befriending many of the pioneers of predator calling. I attribute this to my warm and tolerant personality.

One thing that has bothered me after starting this post is… Well… I just gotta ask.

Joyce? Is Tim wearing your clothes again?

[ March 22, 2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 10:20 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Brad Holzer

Directional drilling rig supervisor

When not at work, the price of gas will keep at home this summer making calls. The price of gas does however, suggest that I'll be very busy in the future when I am at work.

Unfortunately, expansion in the way of more rigs being brought up from Vernal Utah, or Texas, or where ever, causes the spreading out (taking) of experienced hands form their natural habitats. Considering todays OSHA's standards, it gets a little unnerving when the applicants have the upper hand with clean urine.

Aside from that short vent, I've been in Montana all of my 34 years and calling coyotes for the last 4 1/2, which is just what I expect to be doing for many more to come.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 05:01 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am a bit un-popular with Arizona flavored lesbians

I don't know why you'd say that, you are by far our favorite "Smoke Dancer" I sure wish there is some way we could get Rich to post that video. I haven't laughed so hard in years!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 06:08 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, when my camera comes back from the shop in a week or so I'll post a couple of select stills from the video that properly display Danny's poise, grace, and command of gravity.
IP: Logged
nd coyote killer
HUNTMASTER PRO STAFF
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 06:46 AM      Profile for nd coyote killer           Edit/Delete Post 
Brad Troftgruben

Going to school full time for Geological Engineering (hopefully will bring me to the coyotes somewhere by Brad h ) Work part time for a good friend at a taxiermy studio. Have one little one at home that is already dreaming of calling coyotes with dad [Big Grin] LOVE to call Coyotes don't trap but plan to later on in life when i have more time. Put up my fur and am proud of the fact. I have a bit of that slutty lesbian trapped in a mans body thing going also [Wink]

--------------------
"Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim" - Bear Claw

Posts: 385 | From: On a hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 11:04 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Can't wait. I didn't have a camera, but I did see a variant of that smoke dance when Loco was crossing a what-we-thought-was-a-dead electric fence near Yuma, and it weren't. He had 'er straddled purty good when I heard "snap - snap - yeoooowww!!!" I don't care who you are. That there was funny!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 03:25 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
"I'll post a couple of select stills from the video that properly display Danny's poise, grace, and command of gravity." "snap - snap - yeoooowww!!!" LMAO! [Big Grin]

Howdy, Tripper. I’m NASA, and I get paid for assuming the role of a Space Mission Assurance Scientist. I’d like to say that I discovered predator hunting as an escape from the stress and tension of developing exploratory intergalactic space vehicles, and Top Secret Gov’t spy satellites, but I can’t. I only work as a means to support my hunting addiction. I actually started predator hunting back in the 50’s, and killed my first fox in 1957. That’s all it took for me and I’ve been hammering ‘em ever since. And, I have no intention of cutting them critters any slack, either.

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doggitter
Member # 489

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 06:57 PM      Profile for Doggitter   Email Doggitter         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey again Tripp.
Loren Coffin here.
46, 5'8" and still trying to figure out what I want to do with my working life. :>( Married 2&1/2 years ago to a mother of a now 16 year girl, and they have turned me arount right good. :>) Hate the western Oregon winters, like the eastern Ore. winters, want to hunt more, and am an Eddy wannabe. LOL Started calling coyotes in '80 and didn't realize how much hunting partner Steve Hampton did to ruin my life. :>) Been able to fight it off pretty good for a while but am having a bad reoccurance lately.

Posts: 273 | From: Oregon rain forest | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 08:17 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Smoke Dance? SMOKE DANCE??????? I don't remember that!

1957???? Holy cow NASA, What are you...ancient???

Yeah Lance, I remember that as the day a couple of red-heads tried to kill the short, little, stubby mexican...about 30 min. after the Juevos zap, my intestines began suffering. We were parked in a flat pasture without so much as a yucca to conceal myself. After embarassingly relieving myself, I stumbled back to the trucks from the down wind side. I hear Lance, "Hey Q, you gotta check out leon's magic mist", and they proceed to fill my face and mouth with a mongo sized cloud of various mammal flavored pisses. AAAaaaahhh, What a day! [Wink]

--------------------

keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 08:50 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tripp,

I gess im the pup of the bunch, just being in my 30's. They say im still wet behind the ears!

I been calling hunting and traping for around 24 years, just about all my life. I am about to wrap up my first video on predator hunting, and have written a few articles, stories and reviews, but im just a wanta be writer. Can get along with out spell check!

I called in alot of contests for just about everything from Turkeys to coyotes, deer, ducks and geese, owl hooting. And done alot of sportshows. I own and operate Kee's Custom calls.

I have lived in Ohio all my life except for a few years in Ga. Im down on the Southern tip of the state just across the river from Ky and Wv. That makes it nice, I can hunt three states with in 20 min or so from the house.

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 09:30 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tripp,

I'm a new guy. Been lurking around here for awhile now but this is my first post. Good place to start and I thank you for the opportunity.

New Hampshire is home, and if you go 40 miles east of me you run in to a big expanse of water so I suppose I am one of those frustrated eastern coyote hunters, unless you keep going and end up back in Washington state, which I suppose puts me smack dab in the middle somewhere.

And yes, I am a Coyote Hunter. I also make a few predator calls now and then.

I spent a little over 20 years in the US Marine Corps, retired in 93. Got a wife and a couple of boys, one in High School who is in the National Honor Society and one in 5th grade who holds the record for most detentions in a single day.

I'm a past president of my states bow hunting organization, and current vice president of my fish and game club. Been hunting and fishing all my life, coyotes seriously for the past 4.

Glad to be here, and hope to maybe contribute some, and learn even more.

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 11:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, the Hunted One. Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. LB

PS, if you have a website, you are welcome to put a link in your signature.

[ March 23, 2005, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 12:27 AM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey THO! Good to see ya around here!

Guys dont let Al fool ya! He makes some very nice calls!!!

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 05:12 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hello THO, welcome. Got any pics of those NH phenotypes?
IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 05:41 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
This is one that my buddy shot last winter. It was his first. He showed to an E caller about 5 seconds into the call sequence. At first, I thought Dave had a misfire on his rifle. It went wawawa bang yip yip - holy crap I got one - you have to be kidding me - no really I got one!

He is typical of many of the coyotes here in NH. Rather large and looks a lot bigger with all that winter fur. This one was probably in the low 50 pounds. That and his first red fox are the only pics I have. Called his fox in in the exact same place as the coyote he killed. He was one of the best hunting buddies I ever had. Had the same passion for coyotes. Moved to NY on me. I still call that spot Dave's Fur Farm.

-

[ March 24, 2005, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------

THO Game Calls

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 07:38 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy Mr. Tripp, my real name is Danny Batastini. I'm about 6 monthes younger then Leonard and 3 years younger then NASA, but not much older then Rich and Bruce lol. Been calling predators since 64, was a member of the California Varmint Callers Asso. for some 25 years. I now live in New Mexico and I'm a member of the New Mexico Predator Callers Asso. I just can't get away from that club stuff lol. I'm an avid predator caller, probably well be tell I die, I just go at it a little slower then I use to [Wink] Nice to meet you new friend [Smile] .......Danny.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 07:38 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy mackeral that's huge. And I gotta to hand it to the fox for still being around there prior to his demise!!! [Smile]

--------------------

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 08:00 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that coyote came in real quick, like I said. The fox, shot about a month later in the same spot came in around the 15 minute mark and he came in sneaking. He sure wasn't taking any chances.

--------------------

THO Game Calls

keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 08:17 AM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is an Ohio coyote that was in the 50# class..I will haft to say that we grow them big in the East! Im 5' 6" for ref.

-

Brent

[ March 24, 2005, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: keekee ]

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls

Scott Gray
PAKMAN
Member # 626

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 05:57 PM      Profile for Scott Gray   Email Scott Gray         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I am a newbie... to this board and to predator hunting. I am 39 and my son is 13 and we want to get into calling coyotes, fox and bobcats. We also want to know if calls will work on feral pigs? We hail from Pinson Alabama.

--------------------
The true measure of a man`s character is in his ability to resist temptation.

Posts: 1 | From: Pinson Alabama | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters