The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Question (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Question
varmit hunter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2006 05:28 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Since all the Masters have either left or been banned over at PM, are they going to start calling it Predator Amateurs?.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2006 05:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
that's funny!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2006 06:48 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone had suggested "Amateur Masters". [Wink]

Ronnie, you going up to WY this weekend? Oppps, never mind. That was Lonny not Ronnie.

[ July 18, 2006, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2006 07:28 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn Tom. I wish I had come up with that one. No wonder I can't spell varmint.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2006 08:20 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to ask them if they were going to call in "Predator Novist". I know it's not a word but it should be. It sounds better than novice.
Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2006 09:46 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Feels like a damned AA meeting......"Hi, my name is Vic Carlson,and Ive been banned by PredatorAmateurs.com". Very strange, Ive been a member on that site, longer than the adminstrators that banned me from it?
Guess, Im relegated to the lone outpost of pampass ass knowitalls....no where else to run now:)

[ July 18, 2006, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Az-Hunter ]

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2006 10:44 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Guess I missed it. What happened over there? Link?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2006 11:25 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
No big deal but if you become a PITA and ignore repeated warnings to tone it down, you get suspended for a while. Nobody has been banned and at least in my mind all your input is welcome.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 05:00 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
There is something about a simple mind like mine that loves watching the inevitible and hearing the obvious. I love re-runs too.

It seems each web savvy predator caller must go through the phase of thinking Predator Masters is the epitomy of hunting forums. Then, in time, he realizes he's surrounded by internet experts, capitolists egocentrics and another group of good folks that have yet to see the light.

Jack, it's funny you say nobody has been banned. I'd like to file a formal complaint, my password hasn't worked since I posted this picture and you sent me an email telling me "The vote to remove you passed"?????

-

[ July 19, 2006, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Jrbhunter ]

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 05:30 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately Jack, that only applies to the members. Moderators are alowed to do what ever they want, say what they want, to who they want, in any forum they want and the members who disagree with them are called ignorant, stupid, disruptive, an a host of other things in the open forum.

Then come the Private Messages. They get even better. Things like "you've been warned" and "I'm not discussing this with you, consider yourself warned". Moderators have the last word in every debate. The final word in every discussion, and dont you DARE go against them. Even when they are DEAD WRONG, or worse, abusive to the membership.

I've been down that road with a few of you guys over there, and I sure don't have a problem naming names if you're interested.

You are either part of the good old boys club, and do everything the way they want you to or you are out.

I've supported that site with money and donations for a while now. But it has changed. You moderators are responsable for that change. You only encourage open debate when it fits your view of the subject. You don't want members, you want lemings.

Predator Masters is still a cost effective advertising tool for me, but as far as anything else, I don't even bother posting there any more. It just isn't worth it. For a guy who hunts 4 or 5 days a week, it's pretty hard to be told how to do it, when to do it and what to do it with by someone who hunts once a month, or less.

Sorry Leonard, I used to be a big supporter of Predator Masters, even made some comments to that effect on this board, and you and I had a couple of E mails about it. To your credit, yours were polite and respectful. Maybe I should post some of the ones I have gotten from PM?

And no, I have not been banned, only because I just gave up. I probably will be now, or on August 8th when my advertising account comes due and they refuse to renew it for this post.

I can live with that. I just hope PM can live with the fact that they really are becoming Predator Amatures.

Al Woodard
THO Game Calls

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 05:35 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I must have missed it all to? Who all got banned, or suspended, or whatever? It wasn't over that "debate" thread was it? I read that thread, and my take on it was that the guy in the do-rag started bagging on Mr. Higgins, Mr. Carlson and Mr. Taylor, and they mildly defended themselves. Surely, that's not why y'all got banned??

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 06:21 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a great example.

There's a guy over there who has hunted coyotes for one season. He has been registered for 9 months. He makes an average of 5 post a DAY, and now, he is on a Pro Staff, filming a video, and teaching people how to use hand calls.

But don't argue with him because he is in the loop.

Heck, I've only been at this for 5 or 6 years now. I still have my predator hunting diapers on, and I am fully aware that they are often full of crap. More often than not. And I have the busted stands, tick bites, mosquito bites, sun burn, and worn boots to prove it. But none of that is as important as a good old case of hemroids from sitting in front of a computer screen all day and thinking about killing coyotes.

Well, I best go before i get myself in real trouble.

Al
THO Game Calls

--------------------

THO Game Calls

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 07:34 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
THO, wow your post was straight out of my mind.
I undoubtedly pushed the envelope June 10th when I was debating some unimportant issue with plumbrich. He called me Higgy, which I allow only to my friends, so I called him plumbitch. Redfrog PMed me with a strict warning which I honored. I received no other communications from PM staff other than a public exchange with BS in the predator forum. That was simply an exchange of opposing views. BS was antagonistic and I was restrained and respectful. Read the posts for yourself ,Jack.
Because I had earlier told Redfrog that their policy regarding disrespectful posts was a good one and should apply to everyone including him, and after BS threatened to hand me my hat and show me the door and GUESS asked that the three of us be banned "because the membership has spoken" all in open forum, I knew the punch was coming. So I told BS that his was only one voice and it required a majority vote of the staff to ban me, and that I believed that the moderators of the other forums were "clearminded men of goodwill and I'm not going anywhere". I obviously overestimated the objectivity of the majority of the staffers. I appealed to all to enter my profile, click onto my posts and read them objectively, without the negative influence of all the crap that surrounded them in the threads.
Apparently fairness is not a big enough concern to PM staff to invest in a ten minute read.
Cal Taylor and I attacked no one. We did defend ourselves well enough that our fellow debaters flooded the moderators with complaints and requests to remove their profiles.
There are several good men over there stil, including some moderators.
I had been communcating with a fellow caller in Iraq through pms and when he returns this week to base from Fallujah he will pm his APO so that I can send him some calling videos. A sixteen year old kid had appealed for help with books and videos so I had sent three DVDs and told him I would send three more when he returned those. I lost contact with them since I have been locked out and I can not even read posts over there. I sent Michael McCasland the notices of suspension and did not receive a reply. I tried Randy Blacks cell phone several times and did not receive a reply. I tried Crapshoots email and Lance answered immediately and gave me the emails I needed for those two.
Several of the custom callmakers have agreed to make and donate calls to me for prizes for the AZ State Calling Championship nexy week. All communication has been through pms. Maybe some will read this and contact me here.
Admittedly there were some chuckles in those threads. I especially liked the post from BS in which he implied that Cal Taylor and other "pros" were no better that he. That was laugh out loud funny. Larry Holmes famous quote popped into my head. "He couldn't even carry my jockstrap."
I've hunted with Cal Taylor and I've hunted for a couple of days with BS.
Cal, you have to carry your own jockstrap. [Smile]
[Smile]

IP: Logged
Plumbrich
PAKMAN
Member # 578

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 07:59 AM      Profile for Plumbrich   Email Plumbrich         Edit/Delete Post 
THO I read the same thing it makes me laugh at what an idiot one must be.That also has to tell you something about the guy that put him on the pro staff to begin with.I mean wouldn't most professional coyote hunters want someone with real world experience.

I see it all the time in the plumbing industry someone fixes a few leaks reads a few books and BAM 6 months later there telling everyone there a PLUMBER.

I also think people on the tax payer payroll should be doing there job not calling coyotes and surfing the Internet during work hours.

I'll get off that soap box awhile for now.

I don't agree with a lot of what NASA,VIC and RICH say and they more than likely wouldn't agree with me.We live in two different parts of the country and hunt totally different terrain.

Does that mean Iam right and they are wrong NO it means we disagree If I was there I would be all ears and listen and follow along because they no more about coyotes were they are than I would ever know.

Like life, wannabes always try and push to the front of the line.I will let them get on the box car first, and I will wait and see were its headed before I jump on board.

If someone is offended by what they read on an Internet board they should consider moving back in with the parents they obviously haven't grown up.

--------------------
Without Plumbers there would be alot more CRAP in the world

Posts: 7 | From: Woodville AL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Plumbrich
PAKMAN
Member # 578

Icon 10 posted July 19, 2006 08:02 AM      Profile for Plumbrich   Email Plumbrich         Edit/Delete Post 
The Plumbitch was a very good one I still laugh at my self. [Mad]

Just remember HIGGY I still owe you. [Razz]

--------------------
Without Plumbers there would be alot more CRAP in the world

Posts: 7 | From: Woodville AL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 08:24 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Mr Higgins,

I stayed out of that thread because I know that I couldn't (and wouldn't so don't even ask) carry yours or Mr Taylors jock straps. Or a lot of other guys on these boards.

Wish I smart enough to keep my mouth shut on other topics though. But some things are just right and some are just wrong. If you don't stand up when they are wrong, you might as well be wearing pink panties and give up any hopes of every having your own jock strap.

Al
THO Game Calls

--------------------

THO Game Calls

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 08:40 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I am starting to see some waves. I had one of their major advertisers call me this morning, out of the blue. They basically offered me a Pro Staff position and said they were thinking very seriously of pulling all of their advertising dollars from there. I'll have more details soon, but I can see that this may cost them more than they think.

Jack, I like and respect your opinions, but the insult of the time out is the same as an all out ban to me. I'm not the type to go back in 30 days with my hat in my hand and say "yes sir" and "please". If I can't post valid opinions and facts with worry of backlash, I don't need to be there and have asked them to completely remove my account. Every opinion should be valid if backed with solid evidence and experience. I have seen you personally post some scalding dialog both here and there, as bad or worse than what I got the axe for, But you haven't gotten banned for it either here or there. Here because good solid info is respected by Leonard, and there because you are a moderator.

Oh, and my hats off to Leonard for letting this be discussed here.

[ July 20, 2006, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Cal Taylor ]

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 08:47 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
So, Rich - you have really been "suspended" or banned, or whatever the Hell they want to call it? For the "healthy debates" thread? And Vic too? Did Cal get whacked also?

I know it isn't really any of my business, but it just blows my mind that they would clip you guys over something as trivial as that thread? Did they ban GUESS too? He started all the crap, from where I sit?

Never hung out much in the calling forum at PM anyway, for obvious reasons. But if they are banning you for something that lame, I need to think about whether I want to be associated with PM at all. As of now, I've got them linked from my website, and I have a banner ad up with them. I don't want to be hasty, but it sounds like I should at least be thinking about disassociating myself from the site.

- DAA (apparently a leg humping pampass ass)

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 09:31 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
What a shame, I supose this is the internet version of a gang's colors?

Too, bad. I'd just recently started viewing that forum again a bit here lately. Lots of good people there, some from my part of the country.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 19, 2006 11:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, guess I should take a look?

edit: okay, I looked and couldn't find it, so unless someone wants to email me a link, I can't use the frigging search engine unless I log in, and I can't log in because I'm banned. LB

[ July 19, 2006, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 11:59 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Now thats funny Leonard. I would like to help you out but i can't even get registered on that site. LOL

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 01:15 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
DAA, As far as I know Higgins, Myself, and Vic got the spankin. And Nasa was close. As I stated in the above thread, I know for a fact that some advertisers are planning on pulling out, and it was unsolicited on my part. I actually hadn't mentioned it to anyone, except the other members that got axed, but some are taking it upon themselves to show their displeasure with the situation.

[ July 19, 2006, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Cal Taylor ]

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 01:27 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, Look in the Predator Forum for the topic "healthy debates" its at least six pages long. It's hard to make sense of what that guess guy is saying because he edited some of his posts hours after the original post. I cannot understand why someone would go back hours later and edit out what they originally said?

If Cal, Rich and Vic got banned over that thread its a cryin' damn shame.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 01:50 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Guess wants to be a PM Mod and this is his way of showing the crew he can be a loyal lackey.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 02:11 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are rookies when it comes to getting banned.

I did a search for "Higgins" over there and all I found was *******.
Then I looked for "Cal" and "Vic" and all I got was ***

But the good news is I can type ****** over there and it shows up.

[ July 19, 2006, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters