The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » ATA Convention (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ATA Convention
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 5 posted July 20, 2006 08:25 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you guys going up to the Trappers convention On Friday or Saturday?

Anyone going to stay for the weekend?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:44 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Me!
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 03:50 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler and I will be up there Fri Am. Maybe my daughter also. We want to catch Joe Melton's seminar and especially Vern Howie's. We will be there for all day Sat.
IP: Logged
Bill
Member # 49

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 04:33 PM      Profile for Bill           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there Saturday.
Posts: 55 | From: Tucson | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sue and Mark Nami
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:40 PM      Profile for Sue and Mark Nami           Edit/Delete Post 
We'll be there Saturday.

--------------------
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough
good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke..1729-1797

Posts: 44 | From: east coast | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2006 10:48 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Things aren't looking too good for me to make it next weekend.

Things with my neighbor are escalating again. Last night, I caught him sitting at the end of the drive pointing a laser at my house. Tonight he buried a spike in the road to try to rip up my tires.

I got a restraining order against him last year, when he threatened to kill me, my wife and kids. But tonight the Sheriff's office told me to quit calling them until he actually commits an act of violence. His building fences in the road, and spiking the road, are civil matters, and out of their jurisdiction.

At this point, unless something changes in the next week, I don't want to leave my house empty for even a day.

Maybe next year.

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 12:39 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim. I will watch you're house for you. I haven't got to shoot at anybody since the looters two nights after Rita hit.

I know every state is different, but I think I am correct in saying that in Texas pointing a laser at some one, there home or car will get you a set of bracelets for wreckles endangerment. Same goes for spiking a road. We are kinda funny about neighbors being neighborly.

There is still a law on the books that you cant carry wire cutters in you're saddle bags. They can hang by a strap any place on the saddle, but not in the saddle bags. Hell we even have a law that you can't shoot a injun from a moving street car in Austin on Sunday afternoon.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 12:52 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Thats BS, Tim. I cant believe the cops wont do anything about that. Trespass? Property damage? Edangerment? Gotta be something along those lines they can do.

I had problems with our last neighbor. He ran over two of our dogs. Wouldnt admit it, but he did it. We got in an arguement about it one night in the edge of my yard and I put him to steppin. Never would ackowlege me after that. But he did mouth me behind my back. Only thing I ever did to him was when we would meet in the driveway, I wouldnt slow down or move over, make him pull off. That really pissed him off. Like he wasnt there. But he didnt have the nuts to do anything about it.

Yeah, that sucks. You gotta do something about it. Maybe go talk to the prosecuter instead of the cops? Sometimes going over their heads works.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2006 04:13 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I got home from work last night and found this Note from NASA:

"Having lots of fun, wish you were here"

-

So I went out, crawled under my old truck and started turning wrenches. It took all night, but I got the old beast running again. And as soon as that pot of coffee gets done, I'm filing the thermos and heading for Globe!

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2006 06:28 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler and I have been scanning Globe for honeys like that, but so far no luck. Did get to spend some quality time bs'ing with Vern Howey Fri nite. Saturdays agenda is really going to be worth the trip. Not just the seminars, but the State calling championship in the afternoon. This is my first "trappers" convention. Some of these guys are really out there, lol. It's been a ball so far. Mother Nature even gave the town a bath last nite. [Wink]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2006 10:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There it is, folks. My proof. That's the "Twins"; Jay and Rich as book ends to a bevy of beauties. Now, which one is Jay?

Had I known, I might have been inclined to attend, myself? If Higgins doesn't win the calling contest, it's rigged. With Jay spanking his monkey, (pickin' and grinnin') that's always good for runner up.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2006 10:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim. I think you need to have a heart to heart with somebody in supervision. This neighbor sounds like he needs a serious attitude adjustment, and if the police can't help you, that's a damned shame.

quote:
building fences in the road, and spiking the road, are civil matters
HUH? On what planet?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2006 10:40 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that was a good time. I got to sit in on some great lectures. One by a Rez ADC man was interesting enough to inspire me to look into snaring! No ambitions of anything more than learning how to do it "successfully". It really looks like it could be a fun pastime.

After I got there, I thought about signing up for the calling contest. It would have been fun to call against Mitch and Skyler Huggins. [Big Grin] They did take a trophy home with them, though. [Cool]

Spent a lot of money trying to win something in the raffles. I should have known better than to go up against Bill R. [Wink]

Got to talk to Vern Howie, and got a tip on how to improve accuracy on my Swift.

And I got to spend some time with folks I like to call friends.

It was well worth the hassle to make the trip.

[ July 31, 2006, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 06:26 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite part.
 -

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 09:03 AM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Nasa,
That ADC guy is one of the finest trappers and snaremen I know. I have known him for many years.
Charley is also one of the best Getter men I have ever known too!

I would have liked to have gone, but business called me away. Too many irons in the fire these days it seems. I have been known to set a snare or two as well! About half finished with my snaring video, and it should be done by early spring.
Getting ready to go to Maine to snare a bear there.
Sounds like it was a great time.

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 10:07 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, Charlie says he is just looking forward to retirement. He wants to spend his "golden years" doing nothing but trapping coyotes, lol.

Please, put me at the top of your mailing list for your snaring video. I picked up some literature at the Convention (Pederson and such), but I'd like to see what you have. Thanks. The more I begin to learn, the more questions I've got. Right now I'm trying to get the hardware down pat.

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 11:12 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA,

What size of cable are you planning to use? Can you use Cam locks?

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 02:24 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm still in the learning phase (will be for a while), but I was thinking 3/32 cable. I need to check CO regs to see if breakaways are required, but cams were one of the questions I needed answered. Do they relax? Do I want a relaxing lock? I don't think so. [Confused] I believe an "L" or Thompson won't relax, but I could be wrong. So much to learn, so little time. [Roll Eyes]

[ August 01, 2006, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 02:47 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA,

I sat in on a snaring demo last year at an event where I was giving a calling demo and was really impressed at how far snaring has come in the past few years. Necessity is the mother of invention and all the foothold trap regs have compelled trappers to be innovative. There will be some good snaring demos in Hutch this week, too.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 06:18 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Nasa,
The only state that has a defintion of what a "relaxing lock" is, is the state of Missouri.
Some states say in their regs that you must use a "relaxing lock", but do not define the term.

Relaxing lock, kill locks, live snares, cable restraints,BAD's,deer stops, stop buttons,double ferrels, ferrels,swivels, snare supports,wammy's,1x19, 7x7, 7x19, 1x7 are all terms applied to the Modern Steel Snare.
They have come a long way from the old spring pole and lifting pole snares of the past.

On top of all this, there are literaly dozens of ways to build a snare too!
You have entered a world that you will never be able to escape from, once you take your first critter in a snare.
It happened to me 42 years ago, and I still love it today just as much as I did them.......probably more so now!
Welcome to my world.
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 07:37 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, what is the state of Mo.'s definition? They're normally better at this than their neighbors.
Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 07:39 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
I’ll be there Friday afternoon and all day Saturday.

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 07:44 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Q, that's also my schedule. It will be good to see you again.

There's a snaring seminar on Fri at 2:00 for NTA members only. I hope I can find a sponsor to bring me in.

[ August 01, 2006, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 08:20 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
I had “NTA” on my brain. LOL ATA? Yes it will be good to see you again as well NASA.

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2006 08:58 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Nasa, My son and I plan to be at the NTA conv on fri. Maybe we'll see you. What is required to get into the seminar? Will my NTA membership be all I need, and will my 11 yr old son need to be a member?

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters