The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Coyote calling demographics (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Coyote calling demographics
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 08:35 AM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn Cal! You haven't learned anything have you? Our girls make it way past the third grade. Drive safely.
Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 09:13 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, tell Lukens howdy for me. If he is packing that ass ugly 1911...tell him to shake it over your kitchen counter, and I bet a pound of Arizona dust falls from it!
We go way back, he used to shoot in the club I belonged to here in Az, tell him Vic says hey.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2006 05:48 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic,

I'll try my best to remember and do that. He'll have to leave SF about 3 Monday morning to get here to hunt at first light, but he says he's up to it. I've been letting my gold spots sit quiet for two weeks so that we might see something. It's been warm up here for two weeks. 68 this afternoon, but little wind. Maybe near freezing in the a.m.'s. I'm hoping the coyotes have acclimated to the temps and will be out and about for everyone this weekend.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 11:36 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
TB: "Have you seen Scott? He's not quite as studly looking as Quinton. He might be jealous."

Hahaha!

Tim, I have accepted the fact a long time ago that I am both fat and ugly. No jealousy from that standpoint.

If I ever decide to do a video someday it will be with the motive of providing information backed with experience to benefit novice callers and benefit myself financially from my years of experience. It won't be because I think anyone needs to see my ugly mug. LOL!

Neither being fat or ugly has affected my coyote calling success too much, I'm already married, and I'm certainly not looking to attract any coyote callers of the same sex. No jealousy on my part from that standpoint. LOL!

I need to do something about the fat part so I can hopefully kill coyotes for a few more years and get a few more calling stands in per day.

As far as big c's implication of jealousy as a motive for this post, that is absolutely ridiculous and anyone that knows me understands my motive ("agenda"). I appreciate the fact that you went back and edited that out of your post but the reference is still there so I needed to address it.

From the standpoint of calling coyotes, I have nothing to be jealous about. Any jealousy that I may have ever had for another coyote caller has left me many thousands of coyotes ago. If I wanted to see myself on a video, I had many opportunities and someday I may. My satisfaction in this sport does not come from the recognition of others, my satisfaction in this sport comes from the level of success that I have.

Since my "agenda" or motive, if you will, is still being misunderstood let me once again state what should be more than obvious (heavy sigh).

If a person is an experienced caller who understands when and where to apply certain methods, if a person is not selling someone else's hardwork and knowledge for their own
financial gain and notoriety in a "look at me" video and if a person pays tribute to those who have taught them, then they DO NOT fit my definition of a "prostitute". My definition of a prostitute is just the opposite of that, NOT SOMEONE WHO IS SELLING COYOTE CALLING METHODS FOR PROFIT. If they are experienced enough to have applied what they have learned from others and are teaching now, if they pay tribute to those who taught them out of respect, then they do not fit my definition of a "prostitute".

How many times do I need to repeat the same thing before my "motive" or "agenda" is clear?

Yes, in hindsight, I probably could have done a better job of explaining my concerns but now that I have, I have to wonder about the reading
comprehension ability of those who still question my motives?

Would I make the statements I have made about "fast buck artists" and "prostitutes" again? DAMN RIGHT! In a heartbeat! I find the actions of an inexperienced "fast buck artist"
repulsive when they are capitalizing on someone else's knowledge that they don't even have the experience to understand.

Can I do anything about it in a free enterprise system? No! But I can let readers know how "SOME" actions are perceived by others with far more experience.

If I make everyone think about this issue a little I have accomplished my goals. I didn't plan to go down this road. I wanted to talk about coyote demographics but a few "guilty consciences" had to spin my motive and intentions.

My question to you big c is this, who is served by a "fast buck artist" who doesn't have the knowledge or experience to understand what they are teaching others?

Someday when you are misled with bad information, you will see exactly where I was coming from.

If I haven't made my point by now, I never will.

This post needs to die!

R.I.P.!!!!!!!!!!

~SH~

[ January 09, 2006, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigc
Member # 777

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 12:43 PM      Profile for bigc   Email bigc         Edit/Delete Post 
Wiley (Scott if I may),

Let me be the first tio apologize for accusing you or inferring jealousy upon you. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you so please accept my apology.

I should haev taken a step back before I typed something I will admit. This site is new to me and I love it. Until now I have been on the Original PM site, Pred. Posse. and Pred. managers. My computer died and I lost all saved favorites so I was down to PM and Pm.

I don't know if you are familar with Pred. managers, but it is where I got sick of the "agenda" people. I could care less what type or brand of e-caller someone uses, but there they are so WT sided it is stupid. Anyone brings up Foxpro or says Dillon and they are all over you and foxpro. They make remarks, slights, and underhanded jabs constantly. I got sick of it. I'll let that go.

So Wiley, I did not mean to put you in the "agenda" class, again my apologies. (did that make sense?)

What I am wondering though, if I can be candid, is if you think Byron, Randy Anderson, and others making vidoes are fast buck artists?

If you do fine. But I do feel they teach their share of people. Take my friend for example. He watched those videos and now he had the urge, and desire to do those things. That in it's self is worth it to me.

Byron has answered several questions for me persoanlly, on Ar's and such. He was straight forward and glad to help.

I also did talk with and old boy out Larmaie way that said he was "wronged", and I believe him. His howler is straight up awesome and has been copied in my opinion.

I guess I will email you or pm you if I missed the jist again. ANyways, no hard feelings Wiley.
I apologize again. Good hunting my friend!

C

Posts: 32 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 01:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
bigc,

It is decent of you to apologize to Scott. He's a good guy, (if a little overweight) but always willing to help, and his coyote knowledge is simply awesome. Some of the others, (not all) but some of the others, their knowledge is more likely a mile wide and an inch deep.

Fact is, if you bring up WT anywhere, and it will generate a lively discusion. I think it's more about the man than about the machine?

Actually, let me offer you a legitimate Welcome to Huntmasters. Previously, where you admitted that you didn't read but about half the thread, and therefore, didn't actually understand what the shouting was all about, but lavished praise upon some of the same people that were taking exception to Scott's opinions.

Suddenly, I had a evil ispiration! So, in my odd brand of humor, I changed your screen name in my "welcome" from "bigc" to "Mrs Buker"!

Your post struck me as something a mother might do to stick up for her little boy? Of course, now I see that you have a good heart and were not the troll I thought you might be, so accept my apology.

Glad to have you on board, my friend. Also, glad you like it here.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigc
Member # 777

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 01:39 PM      Profile for bigc   Email bigc         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Leonard,

I did notice the "Mrs Buker" remark but I am lucky enough to be clueless enough to be sure that it was directed at me....lol.

I understand that not everyone will get along. That is a given. I also understand that it is quite possible to like somebody that somebody I like doesn't like, as well. (whew)

C

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 01:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
it is quite possible to like somebody that somebody I like doesn't like, as well.
I couldn't agree more!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 02:16 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Apology accepted Bigc. It's forgotten!

Bigc: "What I am wondering though, if I can be candid, is if you think Byron, Randy Anderson, and others making vidoes are fast buck artists?"

Bigc,

I am not going to mention the names of those who I feel are "fast buck artists". I gave you the description and you can sort it out for yourself. Unfortunately, most "fast buck artists" are not realized until those they misled realize they have been misled.

I haven't seen Randy Anderson's latest video/videos. The last one I saw was "Verminators". Randy Anderson does not offer an instructional video per say but rather entertainment videos. I believe RA has enough experience to back the instructions he does present. Randy offers basic information that is not misleading. Randy doesn't pretend to be something he's not so NO, I do not consider Randy Anderson to be a "fast buck artist". I don't think Randy Anderson knew just how popular his videos would become. I enjoyed the entertainment value of his videos very much.

I think two of the best instructional videos I have watched is the Coyote Gods video and Ed Sceery's videos.

As far as Byron South, I never heard of the guy until he recently jumped from the bushes on this thread and had an insecurity attack over my choice of words at the beginning of this post. Never saw any of Byron's videos. Only he knows whether or not he has the experience to back the information he presents or whether or not he has prostituted other's knowledge for his own financial gain and notoriety without paying any respect to those who taught him.

I never mentioned any names but rather laid out the characteristics of what I believe to be a "fast buck artist" and prostitute of this sport.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 02:30 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Bigc. I have know idea what Bigc stands for, but you are big in my book. I admire the way you took a clear look at what Scott was trying to say. Then come back and make the apology you did.

Leonard, the same goes for you and you're post to Bigc, but hell you know I like you already.

Scott, I always appreciate any words from you. I sat here in amazement watching this post take the routes it did. You were accused of trolling. Down here on the Gulf coast we do a lot of off shore trolling because it is a very effective way of catching fish. If you had been a true troll, was it not amazing who all you gut hooked with unabated hooks. Like I always do when I come here I learn. You will never know how much I learned from you're post. It stopped me from making another big mistake just in time. Scott thanks to you and the others that visit here there is a wealth of knowledge if folks would just sit back and take it in instead of reacting to it. Knowledge is like sign. It is not always crystal clear like a track in fresh snow, or scat in the middle of the road. It has to be studied and deciphered to actually be determined what is right in front of you. Some have that ability, some will acquire it, and sadly some will never come close.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigc
Member # 777

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 02:35 PM      Profile for bigc   Email bigc         Edit/Delete Post 
And we are good!

Thanks for clearing up what should have been easy for me to understand.

I get what you are saying.

I too enjoy watching Randy Anderson's videos. I find them entertaining at the least, and educational on some level. I don't know if there really is an "advanced" callers video out there.

To Byron's credit. His vidoes are entertaining and educational as well. They do cover the basics like, calls, set-up, guns. etc. So for the average joe they are great! I never got the impression that he thought himself to be anything more than a down to earth guy from texas. Just my take.

I guess, for me, as long as I connect with whoever is making the video on some level....I'm ok with it. I think I can say that all the videos I have seen seem to be pretty much the same sort of thing; fun, different area footage, and I learn a thing or 2. Have I kept all the videos I have bought, no. I have less than 1/2 oif those I have bought, watched them a few times and shared them with others. But they did serve their purpose.

C

2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 02:43 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Wiley E.

Heck, I had to take 7th grade "remedial reading/comprehension"class. [I didn't like to read in front of girls] [Big Grin] .[To busy looking @ girls [Cool] ].

Thus...my teacher, thought...HEY! this boy is reading/comp impaired!!!!! LOL![send him back for seconds! [Roll Eyes] LOL!]

I understood you clearly, right off the bat. LOL!

See Spot run...Get Puff, Spot [Smile]

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 02:52 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhhh,... Leonard,

It is Scott's expressed wish that this thread and the resultant conflict be allowed to die a painless death.

I don't think this inferrence smoothes over many tender nerves...

quote:
...I changed your screen name in my "welcome" from "bigc" to "Mrs Buker"!

Your post struck me as something a mother might do to stick up for her little boy? Of course, now I see that you have a good heart and were not the troll I thought you might be...

My first reaction was that Leonard just called Buker's wife a troll, and that oughtta be good for another dozen pages. [Confused] I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but thought I'd share my snicker. You funny man. [Big Grin]

[ January 09, 2006, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 03:03 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard???? Funny???? Holy Moly Did I miss something? [Wink] lol

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 05:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I just thought it was humorous? Like, when a kid needs his mom to fight his fights for him, seems like it is a lifelong assignment, and the kid (should be) embarassed by it, but seldom is.

Yeah, Byron hasn't been around very long but has managed to make quite a splash; which is okay by me. At least he bailed a few pages ago.

But, Scott, you don't know Byron? Remember back when we used to moderate (you and me) the Predator Hunting Forum, over on Predator Masters? Well, guess who is the moderator now? That's right, Byron South now moderates that Forum....w/help from somebody?

Those of us that have no life won't allow this thread to die! Well, what the hell, it's not illegal. Yet.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 06:36 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Although I didn't think the cheap shot was funny, I did hear you grew big ol' hairy sense of humor this last year. It seems retiring is suiting you quite well (I stole that too). [Smile]

Hey, just doing my part to keep the thread alive.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 07:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, maybe (you) didn't think it was funny but I have taken a lot of lip from a small group of agitators, over the years. Very small group. There aren't many scalps on my totem.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2006 07:28 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
! [Smile]

--------------------

RonDell
PAKMAN
Member # 761

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2006 01:27 PM      Profile for RonDell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If you steal from one person it’s called plagiarism, but if you steal from everybody it's called good research.

--------------------
Ron

Noel Brandon
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2006 07:53 PM      Profile for Noel Brandon           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I actually read this whole thing...
Posts: 21 | From: Renton WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2006 09:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, you deserve a gold star. I wish I knew a way to award it? [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

PS actually, I like Rich Cronk's solution.
He put; "I survived the train wreck" in his signature.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2006 09:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott's point, read on~

NEW YORK (Jan. 12) - Stung by a recent Associated Press article that didn't credit him for coining the word "truthiness," Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert has struck back.

Joel Jefferies, Comedy Central
On 'The Colbert Report,' comedian Stephen Colbert defined "truthiness" as truth that wouldn't stand to be held back by facts. The word caught on. The American Dialect Society named "truthiness" the word of the year.

The world's oldest news organization, Colbert says, is the "No. 1 threat facing America."

On Wednesday evening, Colbert placed the AP atop the Threat Down segment of "The Colbert Report" show. What was No. 2? Bears.

In October, on Colbert's debut episode of the "Daily Show" spinoff, the comedian defined "truthiness" as truth that wouldn't stand to be held back by facts. The word caught on, and last week the American Dialect Society named "truthiness" the word of the year.

When an AP story about the designation sent coast to coast failed to mention Colbert, he began a tongue-in-cheek crusade, not unlike the kind his muse Bill O'Reilly might lead in all seriousness.

"It's a sin of omission, is what it is," Colbert told The AP on Thursday. "You're not giving people the whole story about truthiness."

Question: does this have crossover to coyote videos?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Don kyHOtee
PAKMAN
Member # 786

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2006 09:59 AM      Profile for Don kyHOtee           Edit/Delete Post 
That's tough to follow Leonard. I read it several times and in all truthiness, I lost interest. I suppose his hurt feelings could be similar to that of a Coyote Man.

At least we know that Colbert is a religious man.

[ January 13, 2006, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Don kyHOtee ]

Posts: 5 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2006 10:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In all truthiness, Dawn, I thought it germaine. Texicans might have a different perspective?

Good hunting. LB [Big Grin]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters