The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Great job Lance&Tim (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Great job Lance&Tim
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 06:12 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,

The magazine is Trapper & Predator Caller. As such, it and all the material contained in it are copyright protected. The website is formatted so you cannot cut and paste the text or pics, or allow access without the proper subscription registration. They offer these articles as a way to attract readers to their advertiser's advertisements, which in turn, supports the magazines continued production. It's less than twenty bucks a year and can be subscribed to at the link I gave to Leonard. The only "copies" of those articles that exist outside of the magazine's site are on my harddrive or, in rare cases, with my contributors for their pre-publication perusal and approval, and I sincerely hope that they do not distribute those files as doing so would violate the law and my trust. You'll either need to subscribe or talk someone into sending you their issue(s) to read the pieces. You could always write JH for his. I'm sure he's not interetsted in keeping them around. [Smile]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 01:13 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

I totally understand about copywrite... and I never meant to ask anyone to do anything illegal. LOL

Let me rephrase it... I can't find this magazine in the city, I really can't see spending the money for a subscription to something I have never seen, and that would only have a few articles of value to me each year (trapping magazine in a non-trapping state? naw... no thanks lol).

I was hoping that someone have already read their copy, and might actually be able to forward it to me (I'd even send it back in good shape if need be)... JH is probably not the best choice to ask though lol....

quote:
Dear Mr. Henry,

You don't know me, but I am one of the toadies from over at Huntmasters...
Listen I heard through the grapevine you might have a copy or two of Trapper blah blah magazine, with some articles written by one of the members over there you have a disliking for... especially the one about the guy you seem to hate... hey if you could pay for the postage to send me those magazines (if they're not already in the trash) I'd sure appreciate it.

Hmmmm NOT HARDLY!!! [Big Grin]

Gee Lance I'da thought you'd have a stack of magazines, with your articles in em, just for this kinda thing... [Wink]

Krusty  -

[ February 29, 2004, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 02:22 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Naaa. When I first started writing, I was content to get a short stack of extra copies to force onto my closest family members. After I got paid for one, I began demanding cold, hard cash. Well, checks, at the very least. The same family members keep asking me why I don't force cash on them every time I get published now. Gold diggers.

In any event, if you do write JH, specifically reference anything written by the "misbred, hare-lipped idiot." He'll know just what you're talking about. And give him my regards. [Wink]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 03:50 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,

Don't waste your time writing to JH, he's never paid for a subscription himself. After I quit giving him mine, he's been begging them from Teskey.

You'll have to ask the good Dr. to send you a copy.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 04:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, Tim.

I'd send him an autographed copy, if I were you!

I'd pay money, if somebody could get a candid photo of him on a stand, armed with only a handgun, and (of course) misting!

And howling. (why not?) [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31497 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 04:41 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've heard, Leonard, you'd better stop at howling. Any picture with an actual coyote in it would be about as likely as videotape of the second coming of Christ. On second thought, he'd probably think you had both in one.

--------------------

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 05:06 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,

The name of the magazine is yada-yada & Predator Caller. Not Trapper and blah blah blah. LOL

I have found something of interest in EVERY issue. Even a few articles about trapping I find interesting and entertaining. That is a whole lot more than I can say for some of the other Outdoor magazines that come at a much higher price. You know the ones that you wade through all the deer and duck articles all year for a small scrap about predators. I have only been a subscriber for a short time, but it has opened my eyes to other aspects of the sport. There are tips on fur handling and the advertisers offer equipment and supplies that I have no clue where to acquire locally.

I find it well worth the $2.00 per issue if I recognize the names of the authors, subjects, and photographers or not. Although it is an added bonus! Good job Lance, Q, Danny, Tim and Tyler!

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 06:18 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, ( and anyone else interested )

The best way to get the magazine is to join your State Trappers Association. It comes with most State's memberships. Unfortunately, I didn't find one for Washington, But feel Free to join the Arizona Trappers Association It's $20 a year, It only cost's $1 more a year than buying the magazine outright. More importantly, it puts you name on the list as member. The bigger the list, the more recognition we get from the State legislature.

Want to join a different State? click here

Tim

[ February 29, 2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Tim Behle ]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 06:36 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
And, Jeff, to continue with what Tim offered, just because you don't presently have trapping in Washington state doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't dozens of great men and women working diligently through your state trapping association to restore those very rights. As predator hunters, whether we harvest the fur we take for the fur industry or just leave it lie, we each owe a great debt of gratitude to the hard working officers in these associations. They've fought an enemy for years that dwarfs them in every aspects, be it membership lists or money. And with exception of a very few cases, they've won time and again. One thing that T&PC has done to support furharvesters is to allow each state to publish their monthly news and important association news, free of charge, as a way to help them get and stay organized. They've done this since their inception over twnty years ago, and continue to do so today. No other magazine has done so much for grassroots sportsmen and women. They're an outlet for entry level writers like myself, and you if you're so inclined, and they pay pretty well if you know how to spin a good yarn. All in all, a good magazine in many respects.

--------------------

Alaskan Yoter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 169

Icon 14 posted March 06, 2004 08:48 AM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the late reply but mails slow to Alaska.

Super story's Lance and Tim, and great job "Q".

Todd

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters