The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » They can run but they can't hide (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: They can run but they can't hide
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2004 09:43 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
EEEE homie, it eez a leeetle of chatting goings on heeere and a whole bunches of chit!!! [Wink]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 14 posted April 17, 2004 06:13 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a beautiful morning as I awoke and decided to go hunting. The sun was just starting to rise above the eastern mountain range. My crows started to fly towards me singing, “Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day!” As I approached my cabin doors I could hear the mating call of beating drums. For a moment I thought it might be a grouse and then, in one magical moment, I realized it to be, Bomba just over the stone wall in the scrubs. I wanted to run to him but decided to hunt instead.

All at once I saw a shape flying out of the deep fog over the swamp and landing in the field below me. It was chewing on a few ounces of something and singing, “I can’t get no, satisfaction.” He immediately dropped it when he saw just ahead of him 550 lbs of pork laying there.

For many years I have heard the old timers telling of this enormous creature that lived here. They swore it was no myth but could never get any proof. So the story continued as the old men sang, “It’s a 6 legged, 238lb, flying lil sheep eater, 6 legged, 238lb, flying lil sheep eater.”

This was finally my chance to claim victory and once and for all, give validation to the old timers as I watched this strange coyote eating on the 550lbs of pork. I slowly placed my cross hairs just behind the front shoulder and squeezed off the trigger. He was down, He was mine as I sang out, “R-E-S-P-E-C-T, that is what this means to me!”

I rushed down to retrieve my trophy and take a picture to hopefully later present it to the old timers. As I stood there, the drums were even louder than before. Bomba was calling and I couldn’t resist his drumming anymore. I layed my camera beside the coyote and ran and jumped into the scrubs with Bomba.

Unbeknown to me, there was this huge hog watching the entire scenario from just inside the tree line. He was truly of mythical size but very real. He came over to the coyote while Bomba and I were in the bushes, he let out a snort of laughter looking at the strange coyote. He then looked at the few ounces of something that was dropped and snorted laughter even harder. Then he looked at the 550lbs of pork laying there and sang, “Ha… I got 16 tons, what do I get, another day older and deeper in debt.” As he stormed off with laughter back into hiding he stepped on my camera and crushed it to pieces.

So, after taking care of Bomba, here I set and type to you this very true story but can not get any pictures of it because my camera was broken. I really did get a 6 legged 238lb coyote this morning. So without proof, I am forced to say…

Carry on Ladies!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 17, 2004 09:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
peyote, right?

(wish I could find some) but, only to sell.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 10 posted April 17, 2004 10:41 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
hehehe [Big Grin]

and just trying to break away from this stress filled, deadline committed, obligations and headache, one helluva month kinda week. It sure was a good trip! [Wink]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2004 02:16 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Very, very creative!!! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters