The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Home! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Home!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2005 08:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, that succeeded in making me feel old, Gearld? I was working for Pacific Telephone the day Kennedy was shot. Probably never before or since has the communications network of this country had such a meltdown.

I'd never want to go through that again.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
yuccabush
Knows what it's all about
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2005 08:18 PM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
I was near Mountainaire NM hunting coyotes at the time. My brother and I heard the booms and you could see alot of contrails in the sky. I did not really think to much of it a the time since the white sands missle range was to the south and they put up arrows for missle test quite often. A short while later while heading to the next stand we heard the bad news on the radio. We had pull off the road to have a moment of silence and to reflect on what we had seen and heard earlier.
Posts: 67 | From: Bernalillo | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2005 10:56 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Mountainare, great place, but those NM income taxes are a killer.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2005 11:27 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald,John Kennedy was assassinated,Nov.22-1963. My soon to be wife and i were out joy rideing in my 1948 studebaker when it came over the radio.It turned what was suppose to be a nice enjoyable ride into a sad day [Frown]

I think of those brave men and women who are willing to risk there life and limb for the the space program.They must have had a lot of faith in the Shuttle...I wonder how many of us would be willing to take the risk?

[ August 09, 2005, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Melvin ]

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2005 11:58 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald,

I was born in 64 [Big Grin] .

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 06:00 AM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
What a coincidence Leonard. My dad was working for Bell Telephone in the Bay Area when Kennedy was assassinated. Were you living in Calif. at that time too?

Good hunting

Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 5 posted August 10, 2005 06:05 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Byron, I thought I had a year or two on you, but I guess not. What Month?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 07:25 AM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, September, and you.

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 07:27 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, How many 64 models are around here? I was born in Dec. of 64.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 08:15 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn! I had 3 kids, a pregnant wife, a mortgage, and holding down 2 jobs to pay for it, in '64

[ August 10, 2005, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 08:25 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
1964 is when I started predator hunting after I got out of the Army. When Kennedy was assassinated I was in the service over in Germany. Talking about old...Leonard was born 6 months before me and I was born in March of 43. Rich is also a 43 War baby....But NASA was from the 1930s, only a few years after Buffalo Bill and Wyatt Earp died lol.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 09:09 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Eek!] Now wait a minute here .....
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 12:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nancy was born in March of '43, she makes the most of it, ragging on me for five months, about being older, until she catches up!

Yes, Curt. I have lived in CA continuiously, since the mid fifties, born in Minnesota, but also lived here during WWII, as a tyke.

'64? I have shoes that old.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
yuccabush
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 01:02 PM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
My old man was born in '44.
Posts: 67 | From: Bernalillo | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 01:15 PM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
December 1950 here, but I dang near got laid in May of 64.

Dennis

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 01:43 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
If NASA is THAT dang old, how in heck did he manage to land that space shuttle? He must be in better shape than I thought he was.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 01:59 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Another '64 here. October. Must have been a good year for our dad's, huh? [Wink]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 02:01 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, I did it all with just a right click of the mouse, LOL! [Big Grin]

BTW, I have a daughter born in '64. Wasn't no grass growin' under my mattress either. [Wink]

[ August 10, 2005, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 03:07 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Born in 54, still not whelped [Big Grin] .
Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 03:57 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
I give my age away on another thread,so i'm not gone to give the year i was born [Roll Eyes] ..Now reading how old some of these whooper snappers are,i feel like a young man again. [Smile]
Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 06:08 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
2dogs, ahh what a good year that was. July 12th was the day I popped out how about you. [Big Grin]
Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 06:14 PM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
'63 here. I was 8 months old when the JFK assassination took place. 5 years old when his brother RFK was killed. Faintly remember everyone being pretty upset. Mom doing a lot of crying.

Byron, ya young buck, I'm about 4 months older than you. [Big Grin]

Hey Leonard, do you still have any of those cool telephone company tools? Pole climbing spikes, drills and such? My dad recently pressed his old portable handset into service when his new house was being built. The telephone wires were ran to the outside but not connected inside yet so he did the "Green Acres" thing and hooked up his trusty Bell handset. Not at the top of the pole though. [Smile]

Good hunting

Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 06:18 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald,

Your a tad older than me. Hmmm, perhaps I'm your long lost foster Bro? LOL! [Big Grin]

I didn't pop out, they sent a "squad" in to smoke me out [Cool] .

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2005 08:05 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeze Byron, you and Lance really are a couple of old farts. I wasn't born until November. But it looks like I have a months experiance on Cal!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2005 01:03 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm way too young to remember where I was when I heard the news about Kennedy. What I do remember about him is that he attended a funeral of my Congressman cousin (a democrat, I don't claim him...)shortly before that. My only memory of JFK is a shadowy figure walking towards a helicopter - and that may very well have been planted by a teacher in later years asking me what I remember. What I very clearly remember is all of the guys in the suits and dark sunglasses standing around - they made an impression!
Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters