The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » What kind of work do you do? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What kind of work do you do?
predatordown
PAKMAN
Member # 689

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 08:32 PM      Profile for predatordown   Email predatordown         Edit/Delete Post 
I work a whole sale tire distributer making phone calls all day long , selling tires to tire stores. Today I learned Im now incharged of all of the warehouse employees like (I really have time for this) Oh well its a job and I see no money flowing in fast enough to feed the family any other way , so I will just keep saying(hey I got this new tire that is going to be a mover in your area you want a 100 of them)
Posts: 5 | From: oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Knows what it's all about
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 08:34 PM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an electrician at a lumber mill. Mostly industrial construction and maintaining the existing equipment. We also have a power generation facility fueled by the wood by products. Never boring.

Todd, I'm certain you have the best job I could ever want. 7 on, 7 off, retire at 45. Heck, Leonard won't even have a chance to burn through all our SS by the time you retire. [Smile]

After seeing Dan and Sandy this summer, I envy you Todd. He had to retire a little later than you will but still way before most folks. We were busting a couple beers by the pool a couple weeks ago and he was saying how great retirement was. People told him he would be bored. He said "that's BS, it's heaven!" I'll be working up till a few hours before I die I'm sure. lol!

Good hunting

Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hawkeye
Member # 216

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 08:43 PM      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye         Edit/Delete Post 
Im a mailman I have a few more years than Lance til retirement
Posts: 71 | From: Tucson,AZ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 08:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Where can you find 50,000 black loafers?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 09:05 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Todd...I know a fella up there in the corrections dept, went to school with him, he's a bit youngert than I, his name is Buddy Lindblom...you know of him?
Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 09:10 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Carpenter,residential and commercial.Everything from the ground up...Am now another social security person.
Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 09:15 PM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
My main job is a Grade A dairy farm inspector. In the summer I'm kind of like Cal. I break colts, shoe horses, check pastures. Todd

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 09:17 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Civil engineering specifications writer and construction cost estimator.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 09:17 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not nearly as exciting as some of the above. I pour concrete for a living. Several perks, but the best one is my job quits me when the fur gets prime.
Ditto

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 10:47 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I hope your not eating?

I had a fella in the max/max unit that was little to creative. So they remodeled his sell, retro fit with a concrete bunk, just a light(with no switch) a toilet that he couldn't flush(Because he flooded to much, and a sprinkler head that wouldn't have worked any way with all the protection they covered it with. He would call us when he needed the toilet flushed, and we did that from outside the cell. this is where you quit eating........

He would sh** and Pi** in that thing mix it up with his hand making a soup. Heres the kicker....we would flush the toilet prior to serving him chow, we would then have him back up to the door to cuff so we could open, search, and feed him chow. As soon as we entered the room.......he spit this S&P soup at us that he had been holding his mouth for about 15 minutes, Yipper! would stick his head in the toilet to get a mouth full before chow was served. Needless to say this only happened once...I hope. Been a bunch of newbies since. One might even be AZ's buddy.

There was one guy that would SH** then cover his walls windows and him from head to toe in the dark colored camo, and we would have to suit up and go in after him. I'll leave that for another day.

But as far as getting piss thrown on ya....a couple times a year anyway.

AZ.......I think we talked about your buddy once way back in chat. He is in Seward right? I still havent met him.

Curt buddy tell Dan I'm counting the days. [Big Grin]

My other full time job is being Uncle Jays favorite nephew. [Razz]

Todd

[ August 16, 2005, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Alaskan Yoter ]

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2005 11:22 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
I maintain 12 people (three crews) and all the equipment necessary to drill horizontal oil wells. 7 on, 7 off. If there's any equipment problems anytime during my 7 days there, I handle it. It's a 24-7 job.

People like "Dogleg" live on the rig floor so to speak, and do all the necessary calculations and tell the brake handle operators what to do to keep the bit and bottom hole assembly in check with where the oil is. Sometimes money zones are as thin as 12 inches.

A very feast or famine occupation(s) to say the least.

Brad

[ August 16, 2005, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: brad h ]

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2005 06:57 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
I own a retail garden center along with a wholesale stock lot. We also do residential and commercial landscaping.

Dennis

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2005 07:16 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Sports Bra fitter for Angelina Jolie.
IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2005 07:37 AM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and videographer on the side. 24 on 48 off, helps during the hunting season. I kinda like Richs job, need an assistant?

Todd

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2005 07:50 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich H

Some how I thought you were more into the oral?

Dennis

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2005 08:39 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
No Dennis, not the case. Besides I couldn't possibly compete with you.
I was told that you were employed by Tampax.
A supervisor in the installation department.

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2005 09:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Higgins has the job I want when I die and go to heaven. Putters around the house, all day. His own boss. And hunts half of the week. That's it! I'm jealous.

Good hunting. LB

We should start a new thread. "See any job you would like to trade?" (that turnkey job looks tempting)

[ August 17, 2005, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2005 09:26 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the old Diesel fit-ter!

Dennis

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2005 10:36 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm curious how our members keep the wolves from their door..."

I live with the wolves.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
canine
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2005 05:37 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
i own my own concrete and concrete overlay business. residental and comercial, will travel if anyone has any old nasty lookin concrete they need resurfaced and a good spot to kill some coyotes [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
yuccabush
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 10:16 PM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
A question for the concrete guys.

Is the cement shortage affecting you?

Posts: 67 | From: Bernalillo | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
nd coyote killer
HUNTMASTER PRO STAFF
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2005 09:12 AM      Profile for nd coyote killer           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll will be with Brad H and Dogleg starting in the spring. I'm finishing school with a Geological Engineering Degree and working part time as a taxidermist (mainly doing the PR and prep and skin work)

--------------------
"Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim" - Bear Claw

Posts: 385 | From: On a hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2005 04:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago, when my daughter was in kindergarden, I came home from work one morning after a rough night. At the breakfast table, she asked me what I did for a living. Not thinking, I told her "Your daddy shovels snow in a salt mine." How was I supposed to know that all of the little ankle biters were going to be getting up in front of the class one at a time, and telling what their parents did for a living? Made quite an impression on the teacher who had spent the morning hearing; My daddy is a policeman, My daddy ***** cars, My daddy is a supervisor, My daddy shovels snow in a salt mine.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2005 05:04 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Kokopelli,

Aren't you glad you didn't say that you were the piano player at the local cathouse?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2005 06:06 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
fixes, races, jacks, chops, ***** , makes

(edit) I had to guess that word.

"My daddy se lls cars."

I like this board. LOL

[ August 26, 2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: brad h ]

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters