The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » look what I found (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: look what I found
Barndog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2006 07:45 AM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
I did not try and make you guess. Look at the dates of the posts. I was working in the area and we flew over it. Snapped some photos and I posted the next week after taking the pictures. Last week I ran across the photos on my computer and decided to see if I could find some more info on the web about it. And I did, so I thought I would share. Any one up for a really long drive can check it out on the north end of Garden Valley in Nevada. You'll need a tank of gas, food and water to make the trip. I hear he is not to friendly though, I hear he will not let you on his place and the best way to see it is from the air. If you do fly over he will report you to the FAA for low dangerous flying next to homes, animals, etc. There is not much he can do though its not restricted air space.
Just think a bunch of guys who would really care less about the whole thing get a sneak peak and there are tons of artsie folk out there that would pay money to see it.
If you ask me it looks like he's getting ready for an alien invasion. Or maybe he wants the nuculear waste from the glow train on its way to Yucca Mtn. The proposed track will run right by his place. Mmmmm nuculear land art? that would be cool to see at night. I wonder if the coyotes out there would glow? Definately would make for some fun night hunting.

Posts: 185 | From: Idaho | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
greasewood
Knows what it's all about
Member # 815

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2006 09:35 AM      Profile for greasewood           Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard about this guy, but haven't been out to his place. We do deer hunt up in that area, and my buddy made the trip out to Heizer's place.

Take the 318 up to Sunnyside. You can stay at the Deacon campground if you want to make it an overnighter. There's water and outhouses at the campground, but for some reason, you'll have to pack out your trash.

Take the graded road south towards Adaven, and bear left onto the Cherry Creek road. The Heizer ranch will be on the right hand side.

You might as well bring your rifles and calls, because why not shoot some coyotes while your in the area?

GW

Posts: 13 | From: Nevada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters