The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Broken Tail Bone? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Broken Tail Bone?
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 08:16 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I asked the doctor about the Tramadol and why it works so well. I guess the stuff numbs your brain so you don't notice the pain even though it is still there in full force. Freaky stuff man. The stuff blocks the pain sensors or something so your brain can't read the pain. Yikes!

I hate sleeping on my back. But when I lay on my tummy, I get to thinking about all the pain I am really suffering in this position but not really feeling it. I get really wierded out and half to turn over.

Gerald, you are nothing less than a pure GENIUS. I wish you were my perscription writing doctor!!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 09:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the "genius" has had a message in the predator hunting forum for a couple days and has not noticed it, as of yet; therefore this is a heads up. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

[ October 24, 2005, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31622 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Knows what it's all about
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 10:17 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing is beneath me when it comes to wanting some snatch Leonard.

Does this mean'like'-heads up i win,'tails down you loose' [Big Grin]

Gerald,i was thinking about that HEE HAW song you liked so well"If it weren't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all"'dang!'you do have bad luck!

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 10:20 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
"Any of you guys ever broke your tailbone?"

Yup. Three different times. [Frown]

Broke lots of other bones too. [Wink] They all hurt.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 10:43 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
Never broke my tail bone but bruised it badly a couple times. I never broke any major bones but many minor ones.

In my younger years I raced motocross and was rarely without something broken. Did the broken foot, broken wrist, broken collar bone thing repeatedly. My major achievement was broken ribs. I once went for 3 years with always having at least one rib broken. It only takes a month for a rib to heal, but I would break a new one before the old break was healed.

In retrospect it sounds stupid but I was winning races!

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 11:09 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it does.

But, some of us understand.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31622 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted October 25, 2005 06:27 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that one yesterday Leonard and took care of it via a personal email this morning after Timberghozt contacted me by email. You will come to realize why I was distracted when you get my most recent email to you this morning. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

I hope I do not come across as a whiner Melvin. 80% of peoples "bad luck" is usually caused by themselves to one degree or another. Hind Sight is a valuable Teacher...too bad it could not come before our decisions in life. [Wink]

[ October 25, 2005, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 03:24 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not a whiner, Gerald. Just asking questions in search of advice. And none of us wants to be thought of as "whining". Jack's story is enough to illustrate that. It ain't whinin' if you still winnin'.LOL Ouch.

The only bone I ever broke was in my lower right leg. I just got off duty as Shift Captain one Sunday morning and got into the house only to realize I'd left my gear bag in the truck. I was "on call" as a back up medic, so I needed to get my uniform off and stowed in the bag. In a hurry, I ran out the front door and went down the steps at the end of the porch, forgetting that the steps were icy. Up I went, then down I went onto my right side with my right leg landing extended off a retaining wall midway between my ankle and knee. Man that hurt! I laid there and considered my options. I was still in uniform. The station is five blocks away. My portable radio was on my belt and still "on". I could hear the on-duty crews running radio checks and there was no way in hell I was going to call them to come pick my now crippled butt up off the front sidewalk. So, I got up, found I could bear some weight on it without completely crying, and soon made Tylenol the fifth food group in my house. Hurt like hell for a month, until I was at the dr's for something else and happened to mention it. He felt around and found a big calloused knot of bone where the fracture happened and gave me a dirty look. Only heard my doc use profanity twice, and that day was the second and last when he told me me what kinda of stubborn stupid dumbass I was. LOL Still gets sore today once in a while. Oh well.

So, Gerald, if your ass feels anything like my leg did, whine on!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timberghozt
Member # 707

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 05:16 PM      Profile for Timberghozt   Author's Homepage   Email Timberghozt         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gerald..Received the email and appreciate the advice [Wink]
Don`t worry about coming off as a whiner bud.Pain sucks.I have 9 inches of steel and 10 screws in my right arm,broke my left wrist at the same time on a rank bareback horse in Mansfield Texas,fractured skull twice,concussions,hyper extended knees,dislocated shoulders,2 broke ribs, enough stitches to make a wall map...I know Gerald,if it hurts bud, you oughtta go see a Doc and tell him to give you somethin for it.. [Wink]
Gene

--------------------
http://www.handloadersbench.com

Posts: 48 | From: Salado, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 05:55 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald,

I don't think you were whining, but then I don't think you fell down either.

I'm betting that you came home with nothing to show from your hunt, and the wife found out how much that big bag of nothing cost, and kicked your a**

But then, it's your story, and you can tell it any way that you want [Wink]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 05:59 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope,not a whinner,Gerald,just bad luck like the rest of us have had at one time or another..For someone that has done mostly physical work all there life,i guess,i have been lucky..I have never had a broken bone in my body,But i do have my share of old age ailments,and then some.

I have those,lights out spells,had them as far back as i can remember..I have never fell over,but came close many times..Five bad vertabra's in my upper back, and arthritis has been my devil. [Frown]

Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 06:25 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL,I'm sorry for laughing,but i can't help myself,reading that post of,Tim's.

I bet,even in pain,you got a good laugh there! LOL..Ok,Gerald,lay you're cards on the table,is that what happened?..LOL

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 06:32 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, you reminded me of something. Once while dating my chick, I put my right arm around her waist as we were both walking forward in the winter mooflight. I promised her that if she jumped into my arms I would catch her. She took me up on the offer and jumped high. I did catch her but just before my feet went out from under me because of the ice. I held her tight as I hit the cold ground flat on my back with her right on top of me. UMPFFFF!

I've been her knight in shining armor ever since! [Smile] Thank God this wasn't Gerald's wife's answer to his internet perscription. [Wink]

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 07:01 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll tell you what, guys. Ronnie turned me onto a pain balm he's found to work well for him and I got my own little bottle of the stuff this past Saturday. Doesn't say Lynchburg on it anywhere, if that's what you're thinking. It's made from aloe, emu oil , capsisum, and some other stuff. It doesn't smell like BenGay - not even close. The guy that makes it says it smells like pallmetto(?). Kinda funny stuff. You rub some on where it hurts and expect it to start burning and getting hot. It doesn't... you don't feel a thing. In fact, you forget about it until about ten minutes later when you realize you're not hurting any more.

Last night, my dad went to a ballgame with me. his back hurts like a bitch all the time. We were going to take my truck rather than his car, but he said his back would be fine. Before we left, I rubbed some on his lower back. he sat quietyly on thgose cold bleachers for the whole game and, about halfway thru the hour and a half drive home, I asked him how his back was doing. he said that despite the cold and the bleachers, his back didn't hurt at all. He asked me to order him a big bottle of the stuff.

The stuff works great on arthritis, neuropathy, neuralgia, muscle pain, nerve pain, and kills the pain of shingles and burns. I give it a thumbs up because it knocks the pain from this bad disc in my neck right out. If any of you old farts wanna know how to get it, I'd be more than happy to pass the info along.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 07:12 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, I'll bite. Email me some details, Lance.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 08:21 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, me too.
IP: Logged
sparkyibewlocal440
Member # 397

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 09:23 PM      Profile for sparkyibewlocal440   Email sparkyibewlocal440         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald,stop screwing around and see a doctor,get an x-ray or whatever he suggests.When's the last time you have had a physical?Get some blood work done,the whole deal.Like to see you around for awhile longer!
Posts: 170 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 10:38 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2005 06:13 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad swears by the stuff. I think it might be the same. He calls it Blue Stuff? Same? I know it has emu juice in it too!

--------------------

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2005 07:06 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Loco, nope. Not the same stuff. I've seen the blue goo stuff and it doesn't come close to what this tuff does.

This stuff is called Pain Balm 369 and is made by a guy named Richard Guilbeaux (pronounced gill-bow) who lives in what's left of Port Arthur, Texas. His number is 1-888-711-0941. The bottle I bought was 14.95 plus about $5.95 S/H. That's for four ounces. But a little goes a long way. When I called to order mine, I left voice mail, then Richard called back, left a message, and asked me to call him back at what I presume to be a cell phone number, since I doubted he had phone service at his place of business.

This particular balm contains 20% emu oil, aloe vera, MSM, capsisum and vitamin E.

I figured if it works for Ronnie, it'll probably work for me, and if anyone has tried it all, it would have to be Varmit Hunter. It really works, and it absorbs deep. My wife tried some on a bachache this morning that nothing else has worked on for a week and said it gave her several hours of relief. I am impressed enough that I'm dropping information off at my physical therapist's office in the morning. Let me know if any of you other guys try it and how you do with it.

--------------------

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2005 08:45 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted October 27, 2005 05:10 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
That about sums it up Tim. Thanks for a good morning laugh.
Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters