The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hero's? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hero's?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2005 05:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And, guess what I got, in the mail, today? Rich Higgins entire predator hunting library, looks to be about thirty or so? Man, I don't know what to say except: thanks! This large package came by way of Orange, Texas, so I also thank Ronnie Roberson for putting this stuff together. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31451 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timberghozt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 707

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2005 05:45 PM      Profile for Timberghozt   Author's Homepage   Email Timberghozt         Edit/Delete Post 
Man...The word hero is hard to define.Mine is probably my grandpa Wimmer.He took me hunting and fishing with him and taught me things that were never forgotten.Honestly he was the best hunter I have ever known.He just had the knack I guess.
A fella named Sergeant Marcellus Jackson that opened the turret door on the Bradley I was on as we crossed the border into Iraq.He looked down at me and knew I was just a young 19 year old kid and I was scared.He gave me that fatherly wink and told me it was gonna be alright.One of those things you never forget and somehow that wink and words calmed me that day in a deadly place.
I guess there have been lots of folks in my life that have made sincere impressions on me but man ,,heroes are hard to define..

--------------------
http://www.handloadersbench.com

Posts: 48 | From: Salado, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2005 09:54 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Mother Teresa!

Man, what an example of compassion!!! Talk about laying down your life for a brother...

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
huntress
Knows what it's all about
Member # 322

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2005 08:39 PM      Profile for huntress           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?? I've never heard of some of these heros you're all talking about.. .. [Confused]

Britney Spears is my hero [Embarrassed]
NOT!!!!

Posts: 35 | From: Utah | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2005 08:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What about George W. Bush? A HERO waging war against Global Terrorism, with the Democrats throwing up roadblock after roadblock, and doing it with one hand tied behind his back, like Rush. He seems to be the only one in Washington DC that has a clue as to how important it is that we defeat these murderous scum.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31451 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters