The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » So, where would you like to move? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: So, where would you like to move?
Jack Roberts
Knows what it's all about
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2006 06:33 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
Raven,
If you really want to spend some time in Italy you better start saving your pennies. Italy is extremely expensive now. I know a couple who recently bought a 500 year old villa that is little more than a pile of rocks. Less than 1000 square feet, no AC, very primitive plumbing and power and a very small lot. They paid over 300,000 US and thought they got a bargain.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raven
Member # 204

Icon 14 posted June 07, 2006 11:29 PM      Profile for Raven   Email Raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, No problem, my rich husband, Tripp will buy it for me! LOL Yeah I know it is disgustingly expensive there, but Soem how it'll happen. I'm a total optimist!

--------------------
A steak is a terrible thing to waste!

Posts: 38 | From: Killeen TX | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 12:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He's done. Somebody stick a fork in him. By rights, he should have three days to change his mind? I bet he doesn't know his mother-in-law will be moving in?

Good hunting. (while you're able) LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 03:25 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey... let em have a go... and besides...

I'll only come out when it's time to fill the whole back in [Wink]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 03:32 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
I do believe he might be done Leonard. I talked with Raven the other day. Terrible cell phone reception, but I did make out a few things she had to say: Something about, she guessed she could wear white leather for one day instead of black, uhmmm... something else about shopping for wedding chaps and silver spurs and then the phone cut off.

If anything, it sounds like he'll go with a smile on his face, what do you think?

[Cool]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 05:41 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I plan on relocating to southern Arizona sometime between next year and the next time my boss pisses me off, whichever come first.

Raven; Before you spend all of that coin on Italy just to see a sunset, have Tripp set you on the tailgate of a pick-up truck at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with a mint julep in your hand some evening. Now THAT'S a sunset!!!!

Tripp; You're a lucky man!! A blonde in white leather wearing silver spurs?!?! WOW. Selling the honeymoon video would probably even pay for the Jeep.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 07:45 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee Kok',

You're my kind of romantic. I love a nice cheap and wonderful romantic moment. We've been getting into all this Anasazi stuff. Guess we'll head down to Mesa Verde, then the canyon, put the kids to bed early in the camper and go flower hunting just before sunset. Thanks for the idea. If its all okay with you, I'll just let my chick think it was my idea! [Wink]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 08:32 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Loco; No problem, you can even name the next one after me.

Between Jacob Lake & the North Rim is a long meadow. Full of deer, turkeys, flowers & good campsites.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raven
Member # 204

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2006 10:55 AM      Profile for Raven   Email Raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I'm good to go! White leather, Check! Spurs, Check! Wedding rings to match my belly button ring, Check! Video Camera, Check! 6 Inch Heel, Check! White leather riding crop, Check! Shovel and a bag of Lyme, Check! Copy of Tripps financial statement, Check! Yup think I got everything I need. Ok Tripp baby! Let the fun begin!
*kisses*

--------------------
A steak is a terrible thing to waste!

Posts: 38 | From: Killeen TX | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 10:16 AM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Where I live several million salmon swim past my house every year and I eat a few. Black bears, black tails, cougars, Mt. goats, a few elk, some coyotes and a lot of bobcats are close by. I can look at snow any day of the year that the sun shines. I’m a 90 minute drive from moose and mule deer country with lynx, wolves, sheep, grizzlies and some whitetails that close as well. I’m a little over an hour’s drive from opera if I ever wanted to go, with three international airports within a two hour drive. If I am real serious about elk or whitetail I drive three hours or more.

My whitetail hunt last Fall lasted 14 minutes. I was on my way back from a meeting across some mountains and took my rifle for the return drive. Pulled off on a side road and walked 250 yards to a spot where I’d rattled up a buck nine years ago and hadn’t been there since. 14 minutes later a smallish tasty 4x4 was craning his neck at me from 60 yards away. When I walked to the down buck I hit a fresh bobcat track that had evidently been coming to the rattle. On the drag out I crossed cougar, coyote and elk tracks in the snow, besides deer.

Taos is good. Kit Carson knew a good place to settle when he saw it. Close enough to Chama or Pagosa Springs. I like Luna and Alpine (AZ) also, and Ft. Bragg/Mendocino country in California. South and central Idaho has a lot going for it as does western Montana. Lincoln is a ways from the opera but in the middle of some of the best big game country in N. America.

Gotta agree with Rich about the moving. My wife and I have semi-seriously mapped out a plan to take a year or two to live or travel in some places we'd like to see more of. Our plan was to spend the Fall in New England (with a hunting trip back home in the West in the middle somewhere), winter in the Southwest close enough to explore more of the Four Corners and Grand Canyon country when the weather was good, spring in England and Europe, and summer in Australia (mild winter there). In addition, I keep trying to arrange with a friend for us to spend at least a month some summer in northern BC waters of the Inside passage, poking into places I know or ahve heard of, and fishing. By the way, I'm neither wealthy nor yet retired, but with frugality and the right work/income, it is possible without a pile of money, all except for the boat for the Inside Passage.

[ June 11, 2006, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Okanagan ]

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 10:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, Okanagan, of the 49th parallel. Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 10:58 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Okanagan! You're going to like this place.

We'll see to it.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 12:05 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Len. Welcome. This is home to a great bunch. You will fit right in.
IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 02:53 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a video clip on the news recently which showed a giant sand storm moving down the hiway between Tucson and Phoenix. It ain't ALWAYS pretty down there is it.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 11, 2006 03:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I saw that sand storm, right where I know the area prety good, too. Casa Grande.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 03:07 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I got in a hellacious sand storm one time on I-10, in the Deming NM area.....

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 03:34 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Nature at her finest. There is even beauty in that. I love this state. You have to hide from the heat for four months but then you get to enjoy springtime for eight months. Alpine lakes in the pine forest are only two hours away if you need a break from desert heat. Best of all there are coyotes everywhere.
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 03:38 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that the truth Rich, gawd I love this state. I love the desert, no better place on earth to my mind. The wife, would move in a minute if I said the word, but she was a military brat, adn used to hoping around the country.
Im a third generation Arizonan, I could possibly move to a different part of the state, but Arizona is my home...Im not going anywhere:)

Posts: 1630 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 03:43 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have thought seriously about relocating in the past. Just dont know if I would be happy anywhere else? Northern AZ would be on the shortlist, along with WY, NV and NM. I really like the Rawlins area, but dont know if I would want to face those brutal winters. NV, mainly because of the lack of people. NM is beautiful. I love the Chama area and Quemado holds a dear place in my heart (and stomach, eh JD [Wink] ). That valley at Quemado Lake is pretty awesome. Old MO is pretty too though.

That sandstorm was beautiful. We were going west to east and came off a hill somewhere around the NM-AZ border into a huge flat. You could see that thing as we came off the hill and it was an awesome sight. Not much fun when we got into it, but pretty from above.

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 04:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
God, I love the desert! Even if I ultimately live somewhere else, part of the year, I think I'll still get a little homestead, somewhere in AZ?

Sandstorms? Real paint removing sandstorms? Try Palm Springs to Whitewater.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 7 posted June 11, 2006 04:46 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Best of all there are coyotes everywhere"
---------------------------
Shut the heck up Higgins! Statements like that make my blood pressure go up.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 04:48 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Utah.But it is growing to fast,to fast for me.My list would be in order.Northern Nevada,Wyoming,Arizona,New Mexico.But I don't think I could talk the Wife into it,so i will just have to visit them as often as I can.LOL [Big Grin]
Posts: 1624 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 07:47 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, come down and spend a few days with us when it cools off some. We'll call coyotes everywhere, in the city, the suburbs and fields and desert and level that blood pressure out.
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 08:15 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Reread Higgins note before you come out. Yeah it's true that you can call coyotes all over AZ. But take note that it is illegal to shoot a gun with in a quarter mile of any building in AZ, and Rich doesn't mention actually shooting any coyotes. In fact, he doesn't often hunt with a gun at all, just a camera.

We still have a lot of coyotes here in AZ, it's just that the ones who venture far from the houses, don't live very long.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 09:03 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I might like living in Cochise County at one time. I really like the fall and winter. But, after I was there last May, I changed my mind!!! It was HOT. No where to hide either.

Thats why I listed northern AZ. [Wink]

--------------------
Andy

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters