The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Question (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Question
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 03:21 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I did a search on "Higgy" over there and all I got was a sound bite of owls hooting.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 19, 2006 03:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Touche' but I never got credit for UNBANNING "Jay"! Just the word, not the peep.

This Glenn Guess is someone I have had words with, before; over an observation that his selfserving promotional photos, over on HuntAmerica. That's where he coined the term "Pampass know it alls" on Huntmasters, and we had some fun with it. No matter, Byron says he is a good guy, he can register and post here, if he wants?

Okay, I will make another voyeur scouting trip, thanks Lonny.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 03:53 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
If I didn't before....
Thanks for unbanning me.... I think.... [Roll Eyes]

That wasn't what got you banned was it? [Confused]

[ July 19, 2006, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 04:07 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Better be careful Jay, last time you pushed Leonard's button's, he took away your vowels.

We don't want to see that again!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 04:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are a scream! For the last friggin' time, I never banned Jay Nistetter, I banned the word, "Jay". Got it? As in *** Nistetter? Oh yeah, I did ban his "vowels" once, but I was provoked.

Okay, I just spent what seemed like an hour reviewing that thread? Other than some very valid observations, I didn't see a bannable offense? But what do I know, everybody I ever banned has been unbanned within days, (if not hours ) so I seldom screw with it.

I do agree with the principle of dissent, as Vic stated so eloquently. (I thought)? I also agree with the "look at me" self promotion by a certain individual, and the obvious pandering; the whole thing. Everybody has seen it.

Anyway, you guys (you know who you are) have a home right here on Huntmasters. And you piss me off when you stray off the re$ervation. Don't make me bring it up again! [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 06:01 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been around here, or the internet for very long myself, BUT it looks like to me from the time I've been around at PM, it is quickly growing in numbers of "want to be no it alls", where at least over here, a guy gets to hang out with the true, "no it alls"!! In the short couple of years of being a member over there, I've now witnessed no less than about 10 guys that new thier way around a coyote better than most, but yet they either got banned or got hasseled to the point of no return!!
Way to keep the door open Leonard!! This place will only reap the benefits!!!

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 06:08 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, all three of us are presently persona non grata courtesy of BS.
Guess did edit his most inflammatory remarks including the jewel about the three of us following Leonard around the 'net wanting to suckle.(Isn't that tantamount to calling LB a bitch?) Since it is doubtful that Guess is bright enough to consider the future implications of that post I would assume that he did that at the request of BS who would find it difficult to justify suspending us but not the author of the worst of the posts on that thread. Disingenuous at best.
Since I am a paid advertiser at PM, do I receive a refund for the 30 days of my suspension? Since that would be fair I can pretty much rule it out. BS is in charge of advertising since Jim Champion got fed up with him and left.
How about you Cal? Gonna ask for a refund? [Wink]

IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 06:19 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Forgot to mention that NASA received a warning from Redfrog AKA Pink Toady to shape up or join the three of us. Nasa did absolutely nothing but promote good discussion on those threads. He never fueled any fires. That notice was totally out of line.
LB mentioned Vic's eloquent discourse and I absolutely agree . I was also very impressed with Greenside's wonderfully clear and concise treatment of the internet expert phenomenom. The best I have read so far. That razor wit slashed a bunch of guys to the bone and they didn't even know it. Absolutely brilliant.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 06:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He said that about ME....I mean, them?

that's not a nice thing to say about such a stellar group of folks.

Lord help me, I almost resorted to name calling!

But, that IS a punk ass remark that (most likely) would not be said, face to face. Especially Higgins. That guy could rip your arms off and stuff them up your ass, starting at the elbow.

I always wondered; just what is it with that hankie tied on his head, pirate style? Is he bald, or what?

Okay, enough mouthing off from me. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

[ July 19, 2006, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 06:28 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read the entire thing and thought, "Geesh, that doesn't even come remotely close to some of our own little hissy fits here at good ol' HM." Some of 'em around here were insulting as hell but we were all laughing too hard at the other guys' misfortune in the hot seat that we forgot to get too pissed off ourselves.

Interestingly, there were respectable efforts at places by some folks to draw heretofore innocent bystanders into a fight that they, at that point, enjoyed no part of. Dennis' remark about hobby callmakers' prostaff made me laugh out loud.

All in all, that thread pretty much walked toward offending anyone and everyone, but Glenn deleted so much of his stuff that it was impossible to not take some of the remaining material out of context.

Oh well, at least I found out about the origins of the pampass knowitalls remark. Sometimes I get busy and don't stay up on all the "impotent "stuff.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 06:48 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I had an interesting study session for 30 minutes or so today. Try "googling" a couple names, I tried "Murray Burnham","Gerald Stewart", and a couple other names well known in the predator hunting world,and each turned up a half dozen hits or so. Then punch in "glenn guess"....man oh man, take a deep seat,and prepare for some reading:)
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 08:01 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhhh,...Leonard? Let's not go down the insulting the balding guy road, huh? Thank you.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 08:59 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Well Ill be damned. Looks as if you boys went and done it. Your messin with a member of Team Hamerdog. Not just that, but the head TV star and media spokesman of the group at that!! [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
yuccabush
Knows what it's all about
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 09:01 PM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck is team hummerdog?
Posts: 67 | From: Bernalillo | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 12 posted July 19, 2006 10:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know? But, it SOUNDS important. Hope we don't wind up with Team Hammerdog all mad at us! Must be something like the HARP Seals or Delta Burke, nobody to mess with.

Next stop....Las Vegas
SW Flight#2219/Indianapolis. I'd tell you why, but I'd have to kill myself.

See y'all in about four days....be good. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 10:55 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21495&posts=5

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2006 11:43 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun and be safe Leonard! House shopping are we?

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 12:07 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
This has been a wonderfully entertaining thread even with out reading the PM thread. I've already learned a lot of stuff...really great stuff - origin of PKIA's. Leonard banned "Jay". LOL He actually banned Jay's vowels once? LOL I'd love to see that. Vic, Cal, and Hig' suckling? LOL This is really a fun thread! Cal' gets banned and then gets a job offer! Lance comes out of hiding. The other Lance comes to Rich's rescue. Rich Cronk makes a funny joke. The whole thing is wonderfully entertaining for me.

The only thing that concerns me is that RedFrog has grown a team spirit. He was once one of my only supporters over there (I think). He is one hell of a neat guy and has always had a great sense of humor. Granted its been years since I've been over there. I had no idea he was wearing a handle like Pink Toady. LOL Where the heck did that come from?!?! If your out there lurking Red', "Hello!" [Smile]

Vic, Rich, Cal', Sorry to hear you guys got the axe! NASA you have a knack for being in the right place at the wrong time. Temporarily or otherwise. I know it really sucks. Especially when you are cut off from communicating with lots of your other friends because of the decision of a few. Doesn't quite seem right. [Confused]

I even had to laugh at myself on this thread. I thought Jack misspelled PETA. I always thought a PITA was a yummy flat bread not a Pain In The Bummy. I about fell off my chair. At first, I thought Jack was trying to make a funny. LOL [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 04:43 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Indianapolis is beautiful this time of the year. Just this past week, record highs of about 145 degrees with enough humidity that you don't have to worry about watering the lawn. I suspect Kansas will have gators by this time Tuesday. Just yesterday, we hit a balmy 111. With humidity. They say, "It's the humidity". Really? I think it's a little of both and they can both go to hell. Then again, this feels like hell so I guess they're here. Oops, there I went and used that "guess" word again. So solly. Not thinking straight these days. Carrying mail in this crap is brutal. 'It's the humidity'.

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 05:37 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... I'm awful disapointed, to say the least. Going to have to think about this. Leaning towards pulling my freight over there though. Just seems like the right thing to do.

Bummer...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 05:59 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
PM has almost 15000 members. The bang for the buck is actually pretty good. My E bay store fees cost me twice if not more what I pay to advertise on PM a year.

However, with 15,000 members, it's like an old Jimmy Buffet song, "You've got Fins to the left of you, Fins to the right, and your're the only bait in town."

Most of these guys will never show up here because they know they would get their butts handed to them in a tea cup in a heart beat. As some already have.

Al
THO Game Calls

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 06:10 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Danny. It all is kind of a chuckle, isn't it. Too bad you thought Jack's post was funny though. Actually Jack coming over here, dismissing the whole event as "no big deal" and calling the three of us PITAs perfectly illustrates the dismissive, arrogant, attitude that is fostered by BS and Redfrog. Not to mention hypocritical, call a moderator a "Pain In The Ass" will get you banned. But "no big deal", Jack.
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 06:48 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so far behind on computer talk, I didn't even know Jack was dismissing me as a pain in the ass until Higgins told me what pita meant. Thats damn funny, I don't care who you are! Well, I guess we know which way his vote went! That has been the fun part is slowly going down the list of moderators and figureing out who voted which way. I think I have figured out pretty much how the secret vote went. It's good to know who your friends really are. It amazes me that some of the guys I'm sure "secretly" voted against me, have literally begged me to come hunt with me, or sell them a dog, or something along those lines.

The worst part for all of the guys that voted us out is that I think Higgins is pissed. At least that was the impression I got when he was on the phone quoting Wyatt Earp in the movie "Tombstone".

"You called down the thunder, and now you got it!"
"You tell them I'm coming, and hell's coming with me!"

I swear, thats what he was yelling.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 07:49 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, Been smokin' that wackey stuff growin' in your pasture again? [Smile]
Wrong movie Cal. It was more like
"Jihad! Jihad!" LOL
Admittedly, I'm pissed at BS and his hypocritical tirades he launced at us. I know too much about the guy for that to go down easy. Quite simply I think his initials say it all.
There are other moderators on the board that are good men. That is why I was baffled when Redfrog told NASA that the vote was almost unanimous. I don't believe it unless several didn't vote for one reason or another.
If the novices and toadies that hang on BS's every word were to attach themselves to Brent Saxton it would turn that board around. Brent is every bit the caller that BS represents himself to be.

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:16 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Al, I run my banner over there primarily in support of the site. Not their fault, at all, but my videos and my personality just don't resonate on that board. Looking at my traffic logs for my site, and the traffic reports they send me, I think they get more visitors coming to them from my site, than I get coming from theirs. In the years I've been running that banner, I think I can count the number of actual orders I've got off of it on my fingers and toes. Put it this way -- I ran a special last year that I posted on two boards, PM and GGVG. I got over 80 orders from the GGVG board. Exact same message/special posted on PM, I got 3 orders. Again - NOT their fault, just the way it is and I'm too lazy to try and change it. Point being though, I won't be losing any business if I pull my freight. Likewise, I'm sure they wouldn't miss my small support at all either. Which is good, I really don't want to cause any harm.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters