The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » It stinks around here (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: It stinks around here
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 08:48 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Those WY folks are real neighborly, aren't they? Something similar happened to me on the way home when I stopped for a nap. But not nearly so exciting as that! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 09:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have come to blame Wyoming for a bad trip, once upon a time. No other explanation works?

There we were, early evening, as remote as it gets and suddenly this guy's vehicle wouldn't move, like "Close Encounters"? Of course, it was January and we had just had some serious weather.

This guy got on the CB and was able to contact somebody, and a tow truck arrived within the hour....more or less?

He took us to a Jeep Dealer in Rock Springs, and this is where my buddy turned into a maniac. I almost had to physically restrain him from stealing the transmission from another Waggoner, and installing it in his truck.

How he thought he could do it without jacks and proper tools, is beyond me? Like, have you ever used greasy tools under a vehicle, in the dark, in sub-zero freezing temperatures, in the middle of a hick town?

And, with the local law enforcement just itching (undoubtably)... to bust a pair of Kalifornia dipshits, for jaywalking, much less stealing transmissions. This probably reveals more about my personal paranoia than (actual) negative experience with rural authorities....but anyway.

Crisis was diverted (or is it averted?) when this guy decided to try again and the vehicle (miraculously) engaged and moved! Probably some linkage bushing, whatever? Saved my manicure and some digital frostbite, so that was all the explanation I needed. No further problems, for the rest of the trip.

Sub-morale of story, membership in Auto Club is a good way to go; it has proved useful more than once. Be careful in Wyoming, and if you need to be there, do not breathe the air!

[Smile] Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 12:40 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Q, Tyler and I know a fellow here in Mesa that gives seminars on duck and goose hunting. He blows those 150 dollar clear acrylic calls and he practices all of the time including while driving in his car. He was pulled over by a city cruiser and the cop ordered him out of the vehicle, made him place his hands on the vehicle and patted him down as he held his hand on his weapon. Finding nothing, the cop demanded "Where's the pipe?"
Seems the cop saw him stopped at the traffic light with a clear acrylic "pipe" in his mouth.

IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 01:26 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, what makes one a master quacker? What makes him a pro above the rest of us quackers.... [Eek!]

Lord I apologize, the pigmys and all....

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 03:23 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Those WY folks are real neighborly, aren't they? Something similar happened to me on the way home when I stopped for a nap. But not nearly so exciting as that!
You didn’t get caught jacking in your sleep did you NASA? LOL

Speaking of auto clubs Leonard this is another true story, NASA as my witness. On our jacking expedition I managed to lock my keys in my pickup on Saturday afternoon. I was pissed of course and went back to the room to try and summon a locksmith. There were 4 numbers in the “Wright” WY phone book for locksmiths. Twenty-four hour assistance blaaa blaa blaa. Well I drew a blank on the first two numbers and got some one on the third but he was out of Moorcroft and was not crazy about coming down to unlock my vehicle. One hundred dollars is what he quoted me so I said I had one more number to call and that I would get back to him one way or the other.

Anyway phone call #4 was a blank so NASA suggested using his AAA card. Great idea I thought. Well I called the number for roadside assistance and they directed the call to their Wyoming office. An answering machine picked up the call and said that their hours were 9 to 5 Monday through Friday and instructed me to leave a message. LOL I couldn’t believe it.

Last resort was to call the sheriffs office because sometimes they can help. They didn’t allow there officers to unlock vehicles for liability reasons but the dispatcher knew a guy that was pretty handy at that sort of thing so they sent him over and he had it unlocked in no time. The fella was a real nice guy and I tried to give him 30 dollars for helping me out but all I could get in him was ten.

It was an interesting trip for sure. I had a splitting headache the whole time, a fat chick tried to pick me up at the local bar on Friday night, I scared Cal for life, locked my keys in my pickup and was nearly arrested for impersonating a dead officer. What a weekend eh? LOL

At least the shooting was good. I hadn’t shot my swift in about 6 months and it sure felt like it also. I wasn’t up to par with my shooting but I managed to whack a few.

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 07:37 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Q,

You tell these stories as if the rest of us should be surprised. Or, better yet, shocked. With you, I can believe every word. [Wink]

You shoulda told that SO Deputy that you heard there were Mexican Taliban afoot

[ August 21, 2006, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doggitter
Member # 489

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 08:58 PM      Profile for Doggitter   Email Doggitter         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Q, I did know Cal has a ton of experience. I also knew he is a denning pro. And, since I have been enlightened about such for a spell now, I was asking how to tell, in jest, not his ability to tell. Thanks for the help though.
Posts: 273 | From: Oregon rain forest | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
claimbuster
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 09:39 PM      Profile for claimbuster   Email claimbuster         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee Q, I thought we were just shooting Jacks. Did I miss something?

Cal...thanks so much for your hospitality! I am glad I could help "stink up" the place. Damn, I haven't had so much fun in years.

Hopefully cold air will move in so that the stench will not bother your antelope hunters.

Good luck & God bless!

--------------------
"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."

Posts: 70 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
claimbuster
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 09:44 PM      Profile for claimbuster   Email claimbuster         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
a fat chick tried to pick me up at the local bar on Friday night
Q, you didn't tell us about this. Now I am jealous! Here NASA and I were drinking vintage (out of a box) wine back at the motel room. You should have called us. Remember us fat, old guys (sorry NASA) tend to be a lot less fussy than you young "hunks".

[ August 21, 2006, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: claimbuster ]

--------------------
"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."

Posts: 70 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2006 12:26 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Q, You would have none of those problems on I-10 in Texas. You're truck would have been gone before the oil drained back into the pan.

No one reports dead bodies.

All you would have to do to solve the key problem, would be stop a eighteen year old with three or more tats. He could have unlocked and started you're truck before you could get AAA on speed dial.

You need to stay away from those neighborly places, and you wont have so many problems.

Forgot to mention if and when you woke up. You more than likely would not be a virgin.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2006 12:35 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
That's a rough neighborhood, Ronnie.
IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters