The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » You're great, I'm great, How great are we? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Author Topic: You're great, I'm great, How great are we?
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 06:28 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Rich C. Please finish yours."
---------
Varmit,
I have to take my mother to the doctor here in a few minutes. In the meantime, try going over to Google and type in Rich Cronk. That should keep you busy for awhile. [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 08:56 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel alot like Vic does,just damn lucky to be able to listen to and sometimes pick the brains of all the experience on Huntmasters.I really don't think there's as much coyote experience anywhere else on the net.Period All the guys Vic mentioned plus add guys like Danny B.(onecoyote)and Scott Huber(Wiley E) I really think we have the cream of the crop over here.FWIW Good Hunting Chad
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 09:43 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
UTcaller,
I agree with you. The very best way to increase your knowledge about calling however, is to trick those guys into taking you calling with them. I haven't hunted with Cal Taylor or Danny B. yet, but Scott Huber was kind enough to take me out and show me what good decoy dogs can do. I also was lucky enough to take a four day coyote hunt with Murry Burnham. [Smile]

--------------------

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 01:13 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Quinton Wagoner known as Q, on the boards but am registered as flatlander on a couple as well. “Q” came about as a quick sign off that stuck. Not sure if I am use to it yet but “hey” I have been called worse. LOL
Athletically I am a black belt in Tae-kwon-do and a 4-year letter winner in football and track. My senior year I went to state in shot put, discus, and high jump and was an alternate in the 400-meter relay. I set an overall state record in class D and held the State meet record in Discus with a throw of 181 feet one inch. I took a full ride scholarship to NJC in Sterling Co as a decathlete but a back injury at practice put an abrupt halt to that. At NJC I also received an athletic academic award. I was set to transfer to a private college in Eastern Nebraska my sophomore year but realized that my dreams and aspirations lay elsewhere. To the disappointment of my parents I backed out at the last minute.

After collage I fallowed in the family business of concrete construction and with out regret have done that ever sense. That career choice works out perfectly with my lifestyle as it frees up my winters to pursue my passion in life. Coyotes.

I hunt coyotes for only 3 and a half to 4 months of the year and have maintained an average of around 125-130 per season for the last 13 years. My best season to date is 212 and my worst since graduation was 100 or so. My best day on coyotes is 12 and my best night on jackal is 12 also.

-

I have also been fortunate enough to have hunted Alaska and have made 3 trips to Africa. In Africa I have called in and shot Black back jackal, Side Stripe Jackal, Caracal, Cape Fox, Genet and African Wild Cat. I have called in but not taken Bat-eared fox, aardwolf, spotted hyena and the very rare Black-footed Cat. In all thirty six species have been collected in Africa so far and hopefully there will be many more to come.

Currently I am a columnist for the Fur Taker Magazine. This month I will have held the position for a year. “Calln’ with Q” is what it is called. Go figure. Anyway right now I am neck deep in concrete work and slowly counting down the days till fur season arrives.

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 03:11 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
While we're all waiting for Higgins to edit and copyright his resume, I'll throw in my .02 worth. Gimme a minute to slobber up my horn before I start tooting.

Okay,...

My name is Lance Homman. I'm a third generation coyote hunter having learned to chase them from both my granddad and dad. My first experience with a coyote was at the ripe old age of three while tied to the front seat of my dad's pickup truck, which means I've been chasing coyotes for 39 years.

In my early years, we coursed them with greyhounds and trailhounds and I spent many a lazy afternoon barebacking around my grandpa's backyard atop his coyote dogs. If I'd only known what kind of throat hungry killers they were, I'd have been scare to be around them. LOL

I've never had any training in martial arts, but I once had my ass kicked and my nose broke by a guy wearing a belt that did. On the plus side, he caught me wrong as I dodged his jab and ended up breaking his hand on my face, if that counts for anything. On yet another sidetrack, and coincidentally enough, I've only broke bones twice in my life, that I know of, and they were in my left and right hands, both from wrecking my dirt bike while chasing (you guessed it) coyotes. [Smile]

I started trapping at 15, and learned how to call coyotes about the same time in a seminar conducted by F. Robert Henderson and that Boddicker guy.

Later, I got involved with the Kansas Fur Harvester's Association, became an officer, helped re-write a bunch of Kansas laws pertaining to trapping and calling and assisted in restructuring and re-organizing their organization into its present day form.

I graduated from Kansas State University in 1987 with my degree in wildlife biology where I spent four years studying the developmental behavior of avian predators, specifically great horned owls, golden eagles and Mississippi kites, none of which translated into a decent career later in life.

I started writing for publication in 1992 after convincing myself I knew so damned much about hunting and trapping that I was obligated to share it all with the world. My first article appeared in T&PC later that year and was a piece on making braintanned buckskin. Since then, my work has appeared in T&PC, The Fur Taker, American Trapper, Trapper's World, Buckmaster's Whitetail magazine, Taxidermy Today, Trapper Yearbook, and Ocean, Field and River, an Aussie periodical similar to our Field & Stream. Presently, I am a Field Editor for Trapper & Predator Caller magazine, and am part of the team of writers that make up T&PC's "Answer Men", and contribute regularly to the new "Predator Hunting" magazine, approaching its third year in print.

I am a taxidermist and a custom callmaker being the CEO and sole share owner of Predatr Custom Calls in addition to my regular job.

Of all these things, I am most proud to boast of my accomplishment as a husband and father, having married the most beautiful woman in the world and sired the two best kids possible - one of each. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Seriously, though, I've managed to gain a lot of ground in my pursuit of coyotes, and can honestly say that the biggest, shiniest trophy I boast about to my friends and family is the friendships and camaraderie I have found within this community and around the country and the people I have been privileged to hunt with and alongside. I may not be the best there is, but I know who is, several guys in fact, and I'm proud to count them amongst my friends.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 03:15 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
What Vic and Chad said!

Not a whole lot to tell about me. I'm lucky enough to be married and have two awesome kids. And believe me, I MEAN it when I say LUCKY.

Been hunting coyotes since I was a little kid. Sat on my first coyote stand with my Dad when I was about 8 years old. I didn't get to actually carry a rifle and shoot on stand until after I saved up and bought myself a rifle a few years later though. My main job at first was just carrying my Dad's big ass reel-to-reel tape deck [Smile] . Those trips out to the Utah West Desert and Nevada with my Dad back in the day sure cast the die on me though, I'll tell ya.

I'm uneducated. Having never made it past the 9th grade.

I make hunting videos, two out now, two more coming soon.

Got lucky again and joined the Foxpro field staff a few years ago. I've really enjoyed my association with Foxpro. Good people and good products.

That's about it.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yellerdog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 04:40 PM      Profile for Yellerdog   Email Yellerdog         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I've talked to Rich Higgins on the phone a few times. I figure that right there qualifies me as a "Pampass Know-It-All".

Beyond that I guess I've never accomplished much. [Wink]

--------------------
Lee Smith

Remember, we meet at dawn.

Posts: 59 | From: Southeastern Michigan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
CBGC
Member # 643

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 05:57 PM      Profile for CBGC   Author's Homepage   Email CBGC         Edit/Delete Post 
Titles, magazine covers, TV shows and what ever else looks good for boosting egos??? I replaced Ringo Star in the North American debut of The Point (via Harry Nielson), made Time Magazine with that one, worked with Tori Amos, flee from the chili peppers, toured with Doc Holiday, toured with 3 dog Night and so on and so on. Dose this make me a great musician???? I don’t think it does, just makes me seasoned. Google my name U will not see shit about drumming, but if U put predator behind it U will see I spoke at the largest outdoor show in the world last year about callN coyotes. Does this make me a Higgins or a Taylor, not even close! Moral of the story, every little town has there hero!

[ September 01, 2006, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: CBGC ]

--------------------
Save a Deer Shoot a Road Hunter!
http://www.CritterBuster.com

Posts: 46 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 06:24 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
CBGC, accomplishments do boost egos and well they should. Some help to mold and even define your character and that is why we are interested in all of your experiences. Speaking at the largest outdoor show suggests a certain level of expertise and we would really like to hear about that and your call business and your calling acheivements in Pa.
Lee, gimme a break. [Smile] You are loaded with stories. We've seen your pics and heard your calls. Time to come clean, Yellerdog. [Smile]
We are all fellow members and this is our board, all of us. I would like to know all about the person behind the name. Accomplishments big and small are valuable and interesting to all.
Don't be shy, please.
edited for spelin.

[ September 01, 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Rich Higgins ]

IP: Logged
CBGC
Member # 643

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 06:58 PM      Profile for CBGC   Author's Homepage   Email CBGC         Edit/Delete Post 
RH,
Accomplishments R cool but are overrated in my mind. Here is a link to the show I spoke at  http://www.easternsportshow.com/App/homepage.cfm?appname=100280&moduleid=3451 Not to sure why they call me YB, don’t even carry a gun anymore, well maybe during big $ hunts? I am known as ½ decent caller in the east ask Sherri B (crow woman), she will speak for me. Going to participate in a study like U did at the end of September. The coyotes are wired and we will see how they react to my callN. Will be in 4 countries next year callN predators! Life is good , come out this way and enjoy it!

--------------------
Save a Deer Shoot a Road Hunter!
http://www.CritterBuster.com

Posts: 46 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 09:20 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know you are Dave Dunbar, and Sheri has spoken of you. This is one reason this thread is good. Which four countries are you going to call in this year? Camera only?

Save a tree eat a beaver

[ September 02, 2006, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Rich Higgins ]

Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 10:28 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
My greatest accomplishment has been staying alive. Looking at the odds, I should have been dead 40 years ago.
Played with dynamite when I was 10. That really was lots of fun. Setting off explosives really is a power trip for a 10 year old.
That teenage drinking, driving, and girls thing.
Playing soldier in a war zone for 15 months, airplanes I was in got shot up but not me.
Racing motocross, broke probably 50 bones, thankfully mostly just ribs although an occasional collar bone, wrist or foot. As long as you are winning, motocross is worth the pain, until it takes too long to heal.
Built a few experimental aircraft of my own and a few for others. Did all my own first test flights and many for others.
Flew an airshow aerobatic routine for years.
Had 5 engine failures and forced landings and survived them all with only bending one airplane.

On top of that history my wife still loves me but has drawn the line at any more single seat aircraft.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Joe Manes
Member # 686

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 10:50 PM      Profile for Joe Manes   Email Joe Manes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Im not going to go into a lot about myself, as I do feel my greastest accomplishment has yet to be revealed to me.

I would like to talk about my friend, Lochi.
He posts under "Lochi from Africa" on most of the hunting boards that people like us frequent.

I had the pleasure of hunting with him for a week.
We had a great deal of fun chasing coyotes all over Arizona.

Lochi is a very accomplished hunter, he hails from J-burg. It is a very different place, this part of the world. Over there a 338 Win Mag is considered a little rifle. Here in America, most average shooters will never fire anything approximating that round's power. He has told me stories of his hunts, and sent me may fine pictures of animals I cant even spell or pronounce. From little birds to large game, he is probably one of the most versatile hunters I have met.

One day, God Willing, he and I can hunt again together.

Posts: 31 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 11:38 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Some really interesting bios. Thanks.

I've been calling wild animals since about 1965. Have called more than 30 kinds of N. American critters not counting waterfowl. You begin to see patterns. Grey fox and moose are the dumbest and easiest to call IMO. Lynx and cougar are fairly easy to call but hard for most of us to see when they respond. Whitetails and coyotes tend toward decisive and quick. Bears are kind of erratic, especially blacks, which usually just means we haven’t figured out how to consistently call such a critter yet.

There are some odd ones in the mix, like hummingbirds, rattlesnakes, blue grouse, brook trout (technically tolled visually to shore rather than called) and a Ventura County Sheriff patrol car. If we count totally different sounds to selectively call males or females, such as a mule deer buck with one sound and a mule deer doe with another, the count goes up. It’s been a life long hobby, never super serious though I went at it a bit when fur was really high.

Have traveled quite a bit. The Gold Coast of Africa has the best pineapples. Thailand has great mangoes. Istanbul has fabulous bakeries and Budapest has some great ones. OK, I like to eat. Afghanistan is the dusty country with bullet holes in everything, and Liberia is the wet jungle country with bullet holes in everything.

Have written a fair amount that’s made publication. Probably shouldn’t mention bad stuff as I’m also lazy, a poor finisher on too many projects and mechanically inept. Caught a 28 lb. Chinook salmon two evenings ago, and am blessed with a super wife, great kids and now grandkids.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 06:00 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't that Jack Roberts feller great? I once told Jack about my idea of building a helicopter out of a galvanized wash tub with motorcycle engine for the go power. I asked him to do the test flight but he turned me down. He said something about his not doing helicopters. [Smile]

--------------------

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 08:08 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, what kind of plane that you were in was shot up. Were you piloting?
Okanagon, what have you had published? Books and articles. What subjects?
Joe, let's have your bio. I'm asking Lochi to provide his.

doggin coyotes
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 08:29 AM      Profile for doggin coyotes           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a little about me. I don't claim to be an expert or know-it-all about much of anything. My real name is Larry, 54 yers old and I have been a resident in the great state of Colorado all my life. Married to a wonderful woman. Raised 3 kids who are now all growed up and living in Houston TX. of all places. lol. I've made a living as a welder/fabricator/machinist with CDOT for 29 years.
My #1 pleasure in life is calling coyotes, although I'll hunt anything in season and have been know to catch a few fish now and then. I only call/hunt in the winter (Oct thru mid Jan) months. Due to my job, I only get weekends and whatever vacation/holidays to partake in this pleasure. Retirement is about a year away and I can't wait!
I still look back to the day I called my very first coyote and laugh to myself. I think I was 12 or 13 years old. I had an old Circe wooden mouth call someone had given me. It had been broke and had black electrical tape holding it together. The guy that gave it to me said it would call coyotes and kinda showed me how to blow it and what I should kinda sound like. So I talk my Grandpa into driving me out and dropping me off on an old gravel road. "Come back and get me in a couple hours Gramps" I tell him. So off I go walking out through the chico brush, carring a old Winchester 22 pump. I had NO clue what the hell I was doing. NONE! So some distance from the road I spot this old freezer or refrigerator (don't really remember what it was) that somebody had dumped many years ago. I remember it was a 3 sided thing with a few bullet holes scattered through out it. Me, being the bright kid I am, decides to get in this thing, blow on this old taped up mouth call and watch through the bullet holes. Well I start blowing the call somewhat like the guy told me to do. As far as I remember I blew on that thing until I got tired and then looked out of one of the bullet holes. OH SHIT! All I see is what looks like an eyeball looking back in through the bullet hole! It was so close I had no idea what it was. All I could see was an eyeball. Remember I'm only 12 or 13 and all by myself. It scared the shit outta me. Well it finally smelled me or something and started walking away. I could tell then it was a coyote. But now what. I can't shoot because I'm behind this thing. I finally decide to quickly stand up, rifle ready and hope to shoot this coyote as he's walking away. As I jumped up I ran my left arm against one of the jagged bullet holes in this sheet metal and cut it wide open. Never saw the coyote again after I jumped up. Now I'm bleeding like a stuck pig and Gramps ain't going to be back for awhile yet. I walk back to the road and start heading in the direction I know Gramps will be comming from. Long story shortened up, Grandpa did finally show up and he was damned sure I had shot myself at first. A trip to the docs office for numerous stitches and a tetnus shot and I was ready for my next adventure calling coyotes. LOL. True story I swear.
More about me later if anyone is interested. The wife has a few plans for me right now. Later fellas.
dc

Posts: 10 | From: colorado | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 09:00 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Larry, good story. Junk in old dumps make good blinds. I believe that Jay Nistetter took a photo of me sitting in an old recliner in the desert with a coyote in front of me. Post your bio when you can.
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 10:09 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Higgins,
I have been adding to my bio by editing the original post. [Wink]

--------------------

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 10:57 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
I originally thought the call for bio’s was intended to reflect the professional predator calling/hunting aspects of an individual’s career. In this context, I could only anticipate a very short list of contributors. In my mind, to be considered as having made some sort of “professional” contribution to the sport, one would be expected to have a related achievement to be recognized for.

Using this crude definition as a guideline I immediately disqualified myself. I have never produced, or “starred” in a video. I have never published a book, magazine article, or made other (hunting related) literary contributions. I’m not, or have ever been, a predator hunting club member of any notoriety. I don't practice commercial exploitation, and I have no ambition of being a media whore. I’m not a lecturer, spokesperson, or seminar presenter. I cannot claim any killing contest achievements, nor am I a high volume fur taker of renown. I am not a call maker, sponsor, endorser, or hunting product manufacturer. I’ve never guided entertainment celebrities on hunts, and I can’t be found on Google. In fact, I have never even stayed at a Holiday Inn before.

But I enjoy the company of those that do. [Big Grin]

[ September 02, 2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 11:23 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Im with you NASA. I dont feel like I even belong posting on this thread..... Proud to be allowed to hang with those who do.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 11:26 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Tom, I count you amongst my friends and know a few things about you that are interesting. So why not share them so we all get to know you better.

As far as accomplishments not meaning much, this whole thing began because someone had the gall to ask what the hell any of us ever did that made us special. Sounds to me like quite a lot. The sum totals of what we've done in our lives is, in fact, what makes each of us special and if, in fact, accomplishments mean nothing, then the Constitution was right after all. We were each born, and after that, no one ever got any better at anything than anyone else. There's not a danged thing wrong with being proud of what you've worked hard to accomplish in this world.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 11:42 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave Dunbar is NOT a 1/2 decent caller in the East... He is in fact a phenominal Caller! I would love to hear just five minutes of him, Higgins and Tyler do a coyote chorus on tape!

Come on Dave, tell us all about your calls. Folks they are walking, talking pieces of art in the music category that I have seen yet made back here. And does he EVER know how to make them sing!

Higgins, this guy is definately one for you to interview sometime on tape... he's an amazing guy. But what I like best about him, is he is true.

Speaking of... true is what you get here with all of you! I have been blessed to be in the truest of company. I take my hat off to ALL of you.

Very few people leave deep impressions on me. I'm usually left thinking whether or not I should have passed a kleenex to them to finish wiping the BS that was dripping from around their mouthes.

Ronnie, Leonard, Higgins, Tyler, Tim, Vic, Bryan W. and a few more come to mind that I have met in person or spoken to on the phone... all I can say is Thank You!

Edited cuz I'm tire'd and cant speil

[ September 02, 2006, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Crow Woman ]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 01:32 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(I) know a few things about you that are interesting.
Interesting, amusing, entertaining, but relevant?

My life has been anything but dull. Maybe even verging on bizarre, by some peoples judgement scale. But all my interests and undertakings have been for my own personal benefit. I chose a profession that I thought would support me and mine comfortably. Then I pursued an education path that would qualify me for that profession. It was a good choice, and has allowed me to indulge in a myriad of other pursuits. These experiences and knowledges have given me much personal satisfaction. And that's where they've remained, for the most part.

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 03:02 PM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
I am 21 live in south central pa. I am the dist 4 coord. for the PPHA. I am a eagle scout with 43 merit badges. I am still active in the BSA. no I have never killed a coyote. but have called em. just have not been able to lay the hammer down on one. I have listened to dave speak and I have heard him call. he is a very humble caller that just loves to call coyotes. there are others here in pa that know tons about coyotes but everytime they get on the internet to help out other hunters they either get their info copied and put into a mag. or they get harrased by some know it all. anyhow just mainly lurkin and readin. tryin to get as much info as I can while I cannot get out there to hunt. take care everyone.
Posts: 54 | From: sc pa. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters