The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Archery Elk (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Archery Elk
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 08:00 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a very impressive bow list. Sure beats the heck out of the carp and gar on my list.

Tell us about your equipment, bow, broadhead, fingers, mechanical release, etc.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 08:33 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, I've been bow hunting about 5 years now. Right now I'm shooting a BowTech Patriot set at 72 lbs. I shoot G5 Striker broadheads on Easton 400 Full Metal jacket arrows. I use a Scott Rhino mechanical release. A whisker bisquit rest and a Dusk Devil 5 pin sight. I wear Hanes undies and socks with Kings Desert Shadow Camo over the top. My shoes of choice are Danner. If this don't sound like a magazine advertisement, I don't know what does!!! LOL!!
I have Field staff or Outfitter deals with G5, Kings, and BowTech. Everything else I have to buy at retail like everyone else. I'm really working on the Hanes deal though, I would like to be thier first sponsored hunter because I go through more undies than I do arrows.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 08:51 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, thats damn sure one to be proud of. All I can ever hope to do is daydream about something like that. Good on ya. You damn sure put in the effort.

BTW, you surely know I was joking about the shades thing.... [Wink]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 09:18 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!! Congratulations on a really nice bull there Cal. Way to go!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 09:20 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Five years is pretty doggone impressive.

So are the elk very far in the rut up where you are? Our season doesn't start until next week here.

If you do end up in a Hanes commercial no doubt Kevin Bacon would somehow worm his way in it too. LOL

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 10:04 AM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, that is huge!

I don't think there's a wall in my house big enough to display that beeotch.

Nice job Cal.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 10:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Taylor, You're living the life most of us only dream of.

Ill second that!
what a season youve had and its just started...

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 10:22 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Cal'. That is a super duper wonderfulisimo and giant bull! Congrats! [Smile]

I was in California for most of my ewe hunt this year. I didn't scout or hunt even once until Saturday morning. We stayed in the hills and hunted all day Sunday at no avail and my season is now over.

On the way home a very nice 5xbroken bull was crossing the highway on a slow trot. He was going slow appearing completly oblivious to the danger. I was in the left lane and slammed on the brakes and veered to the right as the bull began trotting in an attempt to beat me across. Just as I was hitting the right shoulder and was within literally inches of the bull, he stopped or veered to his right. I missed him as he appeared to go flying past on the driver's side. WHEW!!!! That was close.

We took the next exit and followed the side road to find the bull. He was looking rather confused and not at all acting right! His right antler was broken but not all the way off and it was flopping around as he walked.

Beat up by a big bull maybe??? I've seen many big name fighters walking around a bit confused like that boy.

P.S. Did I mention great bull???? [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 11:42 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Good looking bull! Impressive circumference on those beams.

Hey, that camo looks familiar. Where's the shades and the dew rag? [Eek!]

Dennis

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 12:42 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW Cal', I just had to see that bull again but this time I showed it to the kids.

Alana my 4 year old said, "Wow dad, he sure is great at shooting horses!!!"! LOL

Who's teaching this kid anyway?!?! We home-school our children. Excuse me while I go chastise my wifey!!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 06:05 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a freekin Bull right there boys....Big boy. Good goin Cal.

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 07:27 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal What an awsome Bull.
Just after moving to Idaho I found out I got drown for a Muzzel loader hunt Oct 6-12 In AZ
I can only DREAM OF CONECTING ON A BULL THAT GOOD!
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Hope to see you in Jan.
Good hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 07:52 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Incredible Cal!
Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 09:08 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like something out of some fantasy book.

I can't believe what it must be like to take a trophy like that!

Congratulations Cal!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
albert
Member # 98

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 05:51 AM      Profile for albert   Email albert         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Cal

That's a great Elk in my book an elk like that would gather a lot of attention in my neck of the woods.

Congradulations

--------------------
for what it's worth, eh!

Posts: 195 | From: Parkland, saskatchewan, canada | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 05:26 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy smokin' bull winkles batman!! Most of us don't and won't ever get to see anything like that in our sights. I'm inveous, no make that jealous, no make that down right hateful!! [Big Grin] I did actually see one like that in my sights once, then I woke up [Frown]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ACC
Member # 903

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 05:55 PM      Profile for ACC           Edit/Delete Post 
Cal,

Nice bull. I wish I could find a bull like that. Last night all I could put a bead on was a 3 point. [Frown] The wind was swirling pretty bad last night.

I shot a 5.5' blackie the other night. Stalked up on another bear that night too. Got to about 60 yards of him. He was lying down eating oats. I got behind a log pile and watched him for a bit and then tried to predator call to him. His flung his head up immediately. I kept on calling only I didn't have a call with me so I was just calling with my mouth. He got up and headed right for me for about 15 yards or so and then stopped and sat down. He was interested but wouldn't commit. He then got up and did a 180 and got out of there. Must have got my wind again.
[Mad]

ACC

Posts: 41 | From: It takes a whole lot of liquor to like her! | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters