The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Cal, look at me! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Cal, look at me!
Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2006 10:56 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, I wasn't referring to this board when I said folks left because they felt attacked. I was referring to PM. I've seen plenty of people slink away from any number of boards when they couldn't back up their bs. That's fine in my book.
quote:
Guess has elevated himself to celebrity status. It is an American tradition to lampoon celebrities. Supercilious celebrities make it easy and fun.
Well, maybe so, but the claims of him having multiple names and being his own fan club are unfounded. Those comments are made as if they were true and to my knowledge they are not. TeamHammerdog wasn't named by him. It was named by the owner after his own dog. If y'all want to nail him, do it with truths.
quote:
I am still confused as to why you Don Quixote to his defense on this board, to save him from some teasing, when you didn't lift a finger to save us from his bitter campaign to ban us from your board.
Like I said before, it's not necessarily his defense I'm coming to. It's to defend anybody that wants to set goals and accomplish them without others trying to undermine them. If it was just teasing going on, I probably wouldn't say a thing. Hell, I'd join in! I have harrassed him. I think I was the first to give him a hard time about the doo-rag and shades. He doesn't just dress up like that for hunting pictures. That's his everyday look. It's the malicious lies that I feel are divisive and uncalled for. As for him starting a bitter campaign to get anybody banned, he doesnt carry any weight at all with PM. He made a post about getting along. It went south and several people rode it out to the end. At least several people knew to bail out of it and they did. They didn't get sucked in and get suspended. Nobody got banned anyway. Several were suspended, not banned. It wasn't all based on what happened in that one thread either. PM took a vote on who to suspend/ban and who not to suspend/ban. Several more names were mentioned than the one's you are aware of. Nobody said the vote was 100% so you don't know if anybody came to yours or anybody else's defense or not and I'm not saying. I'm not afraid to go against the grain and I've done it in several directions at times. I've taken some heat for it, but I have to do what I think is right. I've made mistakes as have the rest of you. All we can do is apologize when we can, try to learn from our mistakes and move on. I've had to go to bat for members that I really did not like. In one case that member had attacked me personally in a private message. He even made some bs threats. When a vote came up for something he did on the open board, I had to vote to keep him because I didn't feel it was a suspendable offense. What he did by private message didn't effect the board. I try to be objective in who or why I back somebody. I don't have to like you to go to bat for you and just because I may like you won't buy my support one way or another. I appreciate this board for what it is. It's nice to be able to voice an opinon. The one thing that made me stop visting here on a regular basis is when a member's retarded and physically challenged son was made fun of. I damn near snapped when I saw that shit. Still, Leonard runs this board as he see's fit. It gives folks the chance to bash anybody they choose. In some cases I feel it's uncalled for. In some cases I'll even join in, but I draw the line at making fun of kids and using lies to keep the bashing alive. Bill Martz isn't all used up yet. How 'bout we jump his ass for awhile? [Big Grin]
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 01:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's like this Basil. What you just wrote about that ******* with the retarded son is a crock of shit. Some time ago, Quinton Waggoner wrote something about retards or some such(?) and this jerk took exception to what Quinton said, and took it personal, when (of course) at the time, nobody knew that this jerk had a disabled son.

In fact, Quinton was using the term loosely, as he was discussing normal people that do stupid things. A figure of speech. It was not a commentary about mental retardation as a medical condition.

That had nothing to do with me (personally) and I do not (usually) delete or edit what members write, but this "fella" got in a dither over it and quit, in a public way, and completely unnecessarily.

Well, I could care less how much he was offended by remarks that were not directed at him, but that he chose to take personally.

So yeah, that's the way I run this board, and if somebody decides to go off on a crusade, he can do it somewhere else. And, of course, he did. When he got the chance to mouth off over at PA, he blamed me for being an insensitive creep; possibly a wife beater?

Well, he can kiss my ass, I never harmed him in any way nor made any comment about his kid. He pushed the fight and posted a picture of his kid.

As far as I'm concerned, he's the one with a mental problem, and I do not appreciate it when you accuse me of crap that I didn't do and stuff that didn't happen.

So, if that's your method of checking facts that you are so proud of, from a single source, you are not doing a very good job/ Apparently, you never asked me or Quinton or reviewed the thread involved. I guess it must be here somewhere, if you feel like looking it up? Of course, I think I deleted his diatribe but everything else should be there?

In any case, there are several inaccuracies in your earlier post, but I won't dispute them except to say that talk is cheap. You made several claims that I (and several others) know to be untrue. So, let us put the ball back in your court and so you can prove what you said is accurate, or else we can consider it just bs from somebody that doesn't know what they are talking about, on several different issues.

The beginning of this thread is far from being pathetic or sad in the way that you think it is. It's sad because it hits close to home with a pathetic amateur that richly deserves the teasing and ridicule.

And, to be clear, he's no friggin' "expert". If you ask me, his success is an ufortunate accident.

Basil, the fact is: there is no shortage of gullible people....

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31498 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 13 posted September 19, 2006 05:38 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I went back over to PA and re read that thread last night and again this morning, to give your hero, GG, the benifit of the doubt. My decision stands. Hes an idiot. And, he had every intention of getting Cal, Vic and Rich banned from the beginning. Its very obvious. And I dont even hang out at PA. As early as the second page of the 7 page ( I think) thread, he makes the statement that its about over. Looking alot like a decision had already been made to ban who he wanted, just a matter of doing it. Of course, its hard to follow all of what he said, he deleted alot of it. Good way to do it, write something to accomplish your task and then delete it so it cant come back to bite your ass later.

As for his sponserships and commercials, I have played that game myself in the bass fishing world. The biggest part of it is smoke and mirrors as well. I would be willing to be dollars to doughnuts that GG receives very little, if anything, from any manufacturer or dealer. They are more than happy to list your name as long as your touting their products and it doesnt cost them. I would be willing to bet that GG doesnt receive anything of real value, but he likes to put on the TV host front, so he pimps it out anyway. Phony.

I know he has to be reading it with all his followers running back and forth telling him. Why doesnt he enter the lions den and stand up for himself, if he is so misunderstood?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 05:56 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
"Nobody got banned anyway."

Ever since that all went down, when I try to pull up PM, I get a message on my screen that says I've been banned.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 07:27 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, you have got to be kidding! That has to be a mistake. You are one of the greatest assets that any board could boast. There are several very good men moderating at PA. They have to be unaware that this has happened to you.

Weasel, you are to be commended for your self proclaimed mission to seek out and destroy injustice where ever you find it. I would suggest that you begin in your own house. Closed societies, such as the management of PA, make me suspicious, the lack of accountability invites abuse. Some good men are immune but I know that some who are full of BS are not.
I am astounded that men who have followed these little dramas from their beginning are offended because some of us here, who have been slapped by Guess and/ or BS, don't turn the other cheek. Do you really expect us to flop on our backs and piddle in the air for these twits? Not likely. I'm good with the fact that I'm not going to inherit the earth. I slap back, but with a little humor. If these photos offended you then perhaps the next ones that I post will tickle you. Starting Saturday Glenn gets shorter. [Big Grin]
edit cuz I kaint spel

[ September 19, 2006, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Rich Higgins ]

Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 08:58 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
DAA, You asked that your account and membership be pulled. I know others besides myself contacted you and asked that you reconsider. You've always been and probably always will be welcome at PM. You've never been anything other than a good guy over there, one of the best in fact. Contact any of the admins and I'm sure they'll turn you back on. I can't speak for PM and I in no way represent them when I'm not on that board, but I'll say that many people miss you and want you there if you want to be there.

Leonard, Why do you call the father of a disabled child a jerk? Also, I never accused you of anything. Where did that come from? As far as me looking up the old thread, you said his diatribe has been deleted. A partial account is of no value to any of us. My bringing up the subject was only to show an example of insensitivity. I never named names.
quote:
In any case, there are several inaccuracies in your earlier post, but I won't dispute them except to say that talk is cheap. You made several claims that I (and several others) know to be untrue. So, let us put the ball back in your court and so you can prove what you said is accurate, or else we can consider it just bs from somebody that doesn't know what they are talking about, on several different issues.

Name the inaccuracies and untruths and if I can't back it up, I'll admit I'm wrong. Guess an "expert"? Who said he was an "expert"?

Andy L, My hero? You don't deserve a response.

Rich,
quote:
Weasel, you are to be commended for your self proclaimed mission to seek out and destroy injustice where ever you find it. I would suggest that you begin in your own house.
Who says I haven't?
quote:
Do you really expect us to flop on our backs and piddle in the air for these twits?
Oh hell no! What fun would that be? [Big Grin] Oh, these photos don't "offend" me. It's just the dog-pile on somebody that's trying to accomplish his goals regardless of who it is that bothers me. I'm looking forward to seeing the new pictures this week-end. As you may know I too like to mess with peoples pictures. Most of my edit jobs aren't suitable to post on a message board so they are emailed to my mark. Glenn Guess has even received an edited photo or two. There are two semi regulars here that I've gone to bat for at PM too. I know you've commented on my positive posts about you in the past. I have absolutely nothing personal against any individual here. I just don't like to see folks have lies used against them in an effort to undermine what they do. Teasing is one thing I have no problem with, but if it becomes mean and malicious, I'll stick my neck out even if I know I'm going to have my head chopped off. All I can say in the end is that I did what I felt was right.
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 09:15 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I could care less about your opinion or if you think I deserve anything. What I say is true though, and you know it. Thats all that matters...

The doo-ragged one called for a witch hunt and he got it. You said you did what you thought was right. That included going along with it, appearantly. PA lost what I thought was 3 very knowlegable members over it, now it looks like 4 with Dave. Thats whats sad.

Edit: I read back over this thread. It was started tounge in cheek and really was funny. Still is, but really sucks that someone has to get pizzed about it...

[ September 19, 2006, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rowney
PAKMAN
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 10:08 AM      Profile for Rowney   Email Rowney         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me preface this by saying i am not coming to anyones defense, period, unless i know them face to face, of which that is no one on any of these boards. With that said, my problem with all of this, and I think Weas is saying the same thing, is that there are a few people who have a beef with Glenn and Byron, fine thats great. Whats not cool is people who come on either board and either come to the defense or jump on the bandwagon to participate in the mudslinging. Thats what is chicken shit if you ask me. Way too many people come on either here or there and say things trying to get attention or to stroke their own ego, when they have exactly 0% invested in the disagreement. Hell, I dont know Rich, Vic, Glenn, Byron, nor anyone else, but I do know that a few of you are smarter than hell when it comes to predators, and I want the advice and the help. Getting involved in a disagreement to better myself or whatever is the last thing i want to do, I would rather have my ego stroked when I finnaly shoot a bobcat with no damned fur damage so I can get it mounted and show some pictures! I hope I dont get ridaculed for my look though, I am pasty white, 6-2 250 lbs, and i hunt in my whitey tighteys! [Big Grin]

--------------------
There's more than 1 way to skin a cat...

Posts: 8 | From: Lewisville, TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 10:35 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am pasty white, 6-2 250 lbs, and i hunt in my whitey tighteys!
Rowney, got any pictures for us to Photo-Shop? [Big Grin]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 11:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I'm getting sloppy! Know what I mean, Higgins?

Basil, your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. I explained, in detail, what the man did and the way he went about it in sufficient detail, using grammer school verbage. He was not part of the discussion, nobody was aware of his son's condition, a member used a common word, like "idiot" to describe behavior, and he made a big unnecessary splash, instead of just quietly leaving, never to return. And, he recently brought up the whole incident over on your board, gang banging me(!) and somehow, you weren't around to defend me? It was in the Jim Champion flap, and it only involved me as someone that allowed the discussion, on Huntmasters, so this jerk really went out of his way to give me a few lumps. That's abou as well as I can spell it out for you....he's a jerk!

Now, why don't you just review your second post in this thread and document what you wrote? It's not my job to research your commentary, but I know some of your statements are not true, so you can play dumb, or offer support to what you claim to be truth. I'm not going to do it for ya. LB

Rowney, I see a pattern. A pattern of hostility. Why don't you take your chickenshit comments and go back where you came from? I usually extend courtesy to all, but I'm a little testy, right now, and I don't see why I should afford you a public platform when I view your contributions as unfriendly in the aggregate. Hit the road, or be cool; don't force me to use administrative tools.

quote:
Whats not cool is people who come on either board and either come to the defense or jump on the bandwagon to participate in the mudslinging.
You mean, like you are doing, right?

[ September 19, 2006, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 11:06 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, here's my 2nd post:
quote:
Glenn Guess obviously has ambitions and he has achieved some of his goals. For some reason folks have chosen to single him out to ridicule, criticize, degrade, and in some cases even make up and spread lies about him, not here that I'm aware of (lies), but it has happened elsewhere. He set goals for himself and he's attempting to accomplish those goals. I wasn't too crazy about him when our paths first crossed either. I took the initiative to get to know him and learn what he was about. I got much information from other people at first and didn't take anybodies word as gospel. I kept an open mind. I then took the next step and contacted him myself. If folks want to believe it or not, fact is: he's the real deal. Not only is he a good hunter, he's a good father, husband and citizen. I think if people would take the time to get to know him, they'd have a different point of view. I like to see people excel and offer encouragement when I can. I'm happy to see people be successful in what they do. People say his photos are an attempt at self promotion. How boring would these message boards be if guys didn't share their hunts and photos? It would have sucked if Cal felt he couldn't share his elk hunt for fear of being ridiculed. This all reminds me of growing up in the ghetto. If one guy busted his ass to excel he was labeled an Uncle Tom or a sell-out. It was the majorities way of holding someone down to their level. I'd rather boost a man up and see success be it mine, his or yours. Glenn Guess isn't the only one that I took time to get to know. In most cases the general attitude towards a person was off base. I know that some of you had preconceived notions about guys that you eventually met at the HM Camp-out. You came away with a different attitude, didn't you? All I'm saying is; don't jump on the bashing bandwagon and find out what a guy is really all about. He's on so many companies field/pro staffs for a reason, he produces! He isn't a name dropper so we don't hear about a lot of what goes on in the background and who he's affiliated with. The list is long! Like it or not, he's one of us. Choose to support and encourage him or not, but don't gang up on him.
What part of that isn't true? You assume I never stuck up for you or anybody else here. A number of people know what the truth is, but haven't spoken up. You refer to PM as my board. It isn't my board and none of what I say should reflect on PM. I'm probably going to catch hell from the admins for my latest postings here, but I'm an individual. Like I've said before. It's nice the way you run this place and give people a chance to bitch and gripe and in the end everybody gets to move on with no hard feelings required. If somebody gets their panties in a wad, they'll just have to get over it or live with it.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 11:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Now, why don't you just review your second post in this thread and document what you wrote? It's not my job to research your commentary, but I know some of your statements are not true, so you can play dumb, or offer support to what you claim to be truth. I'm not going to do it for ya. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 11:12 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on! This is beginning to not be fun anymore. [Frown]
Rowney
PAKMAN
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 11:15 AM      Profile for Rowney   Email Rowney         Edit/Delete Post 
You are rght, I take offense, and I don't have the patience to spell it out for you, so shove off.

[ September 19, 2006, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
There's more than 1 way to skin a cat...

Posts: 8 | From: Lewisville, TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 11:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I know what you mean, Basil. Sad and pathetic....right?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ACC
Knows what it's all about
Member # 903

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 11:53 AM      Profile for ACC           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, hello. Can I say something here. [Big Grin]

ACC

Posts: 41 | From: It takes a whole lot of liquor to like her! | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 12:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that was your chance, ACC.

Now, a warning.
I'm not in the mood to tolerate trolls, today. If the only time you feel inclined to participate on Huntmasters is when you can stir the $hit, think it over.

edit: for those of you that have suddenly lost your posting privileges, you can (as last resort) email your comments to the administrator and if they don't piss me off, I will post them for you, because I really do hate censorship. Best I can do.

[ September 19, 2006, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 12:23 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
ACC, It's all fun and games until someone loses an I.......or A, E, O, or U!  -
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 01:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Basil, I'm really giving you a lot of rope. I suggest that you address my request and support your statements, or we will have to part company. Apparently, you cannot even be honest about what is "your board". Belonging to another board does not disqualify a registered member from sharing their views on Huntmasters, but some people might not don't know your other alias, which is weaselUT, and that you are an inter sanctum voter....like gg and bs. By the way, I outed you by your password, you didn't (99% for sure) volunteer who you are. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 02:02 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean you're giving me alot of rope? What are you going to do, ban me? You never ban people, remember? When you say we will "part company" what does that mean? Are you going somewhere? What statements shall I back up, that people pile on an individual? Read your own board! If you can't be specific, shut the hell up!
quote:
Apparently, you cannot even be honest about what is "your board". Belonging to another board does not disqualify a registered member from sharing their views on Huntmasters
I don't necessarily share the same views with PM. There are 19 or so individuals that have a say in what happens there. We are all individuals with our own view on things. We seldom if ever agree 100% on anything. To try and put what I say back onto PM as a whole is asinine. I speak for myself. The others can speak for themselves if they wish. They're wearing big boy britches now. I am or have been a moderator and administrator on several other boards. Do you think I speak for them too? Twisted thinking, but interesting none the less. I'm an an inter sanctum voter like GG & BS? I don't even need to respond to that, do I? You all give GG more weight than he has. You refuse to see the truth. Speaking of the truth, I don't see the people that I stuck my neck out for saying anything to back me up, not that I expected they would. You outed me by my password? Who I am isn't a secret, never has been. Many people know who I am.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 02:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, you said your piece, now go back where you belong. I note that you made no attempt to support your statements. and, I'm not surprised.

edit: thanks for the email. In fact, I do ban people, occasionally. You belong to an exclusive club of three. Congratulations!

[ September 19, 2006, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 07:36 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Good shooting Leonard....Amen

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5090 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
doggin coyotes
Knows what it's all about
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 07:59 PM      Profile for doggin coyotes           Edit/Delete Post 
Yo Leonard,
Please add me to that exclusive club of 3 and we'll call it 4. I always figured the CG board was the king of all boards for dogpiles. Ole Andy was the head dogpiler over there for a long time. Looks like he moved over here to carry on the tradition.
Really about all I see here on your piece of shit board is a few guys stroking each others egos and feeling better about themselves for bashing everybody else.
You fellas enjoy each others company. Ya'll deserve each other.
No need to even reply to this because I sure as hell won't be back to read it.

Posts: 10 | From: colorado | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 08:13 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to hear that dc. You had so much to offer!
Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2006 08:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yo Leonard,
Please add me to that exclusive club

Sorry, you don't qualify, ******* . You have to earn it, like weasel; not a whiney-ass "request".

Best I can do is suspend your posting privileges indefinitely. Now, go **** yourself. LB

edit:oh, and I updated your profile: http://www.huntmastersbbs.com/cgi/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00000914

[ September 19, 2006, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters