The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Cease Fire (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cease Fire
TheHuntedOne
Knows what it's all about
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 03:33 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Stewart,

The thread that you mention did not say

"In my opinion"
"I believe"
"Based on my experiance"

or anything even closly related.

It was made as a statement of fact.

quote:
The entire "misting" phenomenon, has in short, been nothing more than a long-running prank, sucking in eager believers who think they are witnessing something specific and special. Included in that group are the same individuals you hear on the internet as the "guru's" of its use and origin.

To all of you that have had pee inhaled, sprayed on you, spilled on you, spilled in your truck and on your gear:

You have all been had. and its been hilarious

Please insert "Pampas Know It Alls" for Guru's.

The post was a shot at certain members of this board. A shot accross the bow.

You said

quote:
I have been watching this thread hoping a post like this would not occur. You may not be aware of what is occurring on another board. If you are and still posted this...that would increase my dissappointment even more.

and I simply replied that it was indeed an attack and that the gentelman did have an agenda.

In a previous post, this individual said

quote:
If theres a group or groups out there that all feel they are somehow superior because they somehow all choose the same common name, and have self-designated themselves as the Chosen-ones because of it, than I say they are all better off hanging out together: Stroking each others Egos by telling each other how great each other is and what experts they are, by acting worse than Old Ladies in the gossip and rumor games, and perpetuating their own self- importances.

I am sure they all deserve each other. Jockstraps and all

And in another,

quote:
Go easy fellas, it is late summer and we are all getting a little grouchy. If we don't have something to gripe about we might go crazy. Coyote season for me is still two loooooog months away. When the leaves have fallen and the fur is ripe for the picking I will be flooding the boards with tales of high adventure and lots of pics.

Good hunting.

Q,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I simply have to ask: Were you typing that with a straight face

When I sent a Private Message to a moderator concerning this thread, his reply was a veiled threat, and I was called a hypocrite.

quote:
Posting on both boards is seen by all and some need to take into account that they are being quite the hypocrit in what they are saying and doing....
To the issue of my post here,

You are asking for evidence in the form of post. I am pointing out that the eveidence is tainted. You can read, but you must be aware that what you reed is what they want you to read. By they, I do not mean the administration of PM, but the people who make the post. It is not what was originally written. The post have been edited, deleted, modified, and in some cases, because of the way the board there works, you cannot tell it was done.

Therefor, you simply cannot make a determination that the three gentelmen who got suspended should have been, based on what is left of the post that now constitute that thread.

The very best you can do is to listen to each of the parties involved, and then, use your own judgement to make a determination based on what you hear, what you know of the people involved, and what you feel in your heart.

At this point, that is all that is left.

There are those that hold a grudge, those that would love to see a major war between the boards, bannings and suspensions so that they can become big fish in an exclusive pond. They feel that in this, they will prosper. And perhaps they will in the short term.

Your sig line says "Big shots are only little shots who keep on shooting"

But if the little shot hogs the ball, takes all the shots, and ends up scoring 50 points but the final score is 51 to 50, do you think it's time to maybe reign in the little shots a bit?

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 05:57 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
i, for one, wish NASA had been quoting people as he usually does in the Headhunting Debates thread. he is a master at keeping people's quotes around for eternity. usually when their is a flair up he will quote someone to death so they cannot go back and edit it out. that's what i like about him, he MAKES you keep your word.
IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 06:22 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Like Gerald, I have friends on both sides of this issue. But unlike Gerald I don't consider that having a dog in this fight. I see some weaknesses and stubbornness, some pride and some arrogance. When this is over, I'll have a better idea of who I still want to call "friend". Situations like this are decided by character, not who "wins".
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 06:24 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
I for one wish internet bullies had the balls to just say what was on their minds. I hate being threatened by punks who hide behind a position and a title.

It does not impress me.

Al

Edited to say that I have now been called an internet supper hero trying to solve everyones problem.

It appears there is a little stalking going on here by some people who want to stifle my ability to post on this board. How freekin sad is that?

[ September 28, 2006, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------

THO Game Calls

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 06:44 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
No harm done Al. Don't lose any sleep over it. Good observations on the changing thread phenomenom.
Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 07:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand what you mean, Al. Unless you are refering to something over on PM? There is no way someone can prevent you from posting here.

Pins and needles, anybody heard anything?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31489 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 08:08 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry Leonard,

I was told that posting on both boards was being watched and that I was a hypocrte for doing so by a PM moderator.

Nothing I have said here I have not said to PM staff. I specifically addressed the issue of being able to change post on the PM site and not have it show as being Edited in a telephone conversation with RanUT.

I feel like I have basically been told that if I want to retain my PM privelidges, to keep my mouth shut over here.

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 08:36 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Al, I've survived 45 years on this planet without once posting on PM.

I'm sure others might survive too.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 08:42 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a banner advertsier over there. I sell calls, so it is a vialble outlet for me. I would hate to lose it because of childish petty games.

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 08:57 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I can understand an advertiser to look at PM in a different light but I have no regrets about renouncing my membership there.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
James L.
Member # 239

Icon 6 posted September 28, 2006 09:46 PM      Profile for James L.           Edit/Delete Post 
Al..If you are going to make private messages public the least you could do is use the whole message as it is important in how it is worded.. Have a nice day......James L.

--------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people.

Posts: 18 | From: Shelbyville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 10:03 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have found only two occassions that he has said anything in a thread that could be construed as anything close to a fuel on the fire type of post..

I can also assure you that he has been taken note of just as a lot of the rest have..

Posting on both boards is seen by all and some need to take into account that they are being quite the hypocrit in what they are saying and doing.....James L.

Happy now?

--------------------

THO Game Calls

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 11:13 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Mr Stewart, I sent you some proof via E mail. I hope it helps you some.

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 05:35 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I was an advertiser too. I asked to have my banner pulled down in support of my friends when they were suspended - unjustly so, in my opinion.

PM was getting about as many visitors clicking through to them from the link on my website, as I was getting visitors coming to my site from theirs. I don't have any plans for putting my banner back up at PM, but I do think I'll put the link to PM back up on my site. The purpose of the links from my site, are to provide visitors with access to good forums. I still think PM is a good forum for a lot of people.

And Rich, I apologize for posting into this thread in a manner against your original intent for this thread. But, the barn door looked wide open, so...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 01:46 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm a banner advertsier over there. I sell calls, so it is a vialble outlet for me. I would hate to lose it because of childish petty games.

Al

AL, I planned on advertising over there on PM when my video is done but after the gang banging i took over someone else saying somthing about my video,,,,I just dont know.

quote:
Posting on both boards is seen by all and some need to take into account that they are being quite the hypocrit in what they are saying and doing.....James L
And now that we (people like me and you that post on both boards) are seen as hypocrits,,,,I just dont know. I once quoted that PM was my home on the net but things since have changed. These recent threads have made me grow to realize that the only home is were i lay my head at night. And i have grown up alot in the last few hundred post ive read. But there is places that i prefer to be when im on the net. [Wink]
There probably aint nothing i know about coyotes that the fellows here dont already know and thats fine. But i have friends here and have made friends here, and Ill make more friends here. Also i will get to learn and grow up as a coyote hunter with some of the best coyote callers in the world. Suddenly it seems like i dont care if i ever get patted on the back from posting a kil pic. Its wierd that some people just dont know what they can learn. A lil more to it than some think. Plus im going to get at least 20 instant years expieriance out of the deal. Just a joke!

quote:
but I do think I'll put the link to PM back up on my site. The purpose of the links from my site, are to provide visitors with access to good forums. I still think PM is a good forum for a lot of people.

DAA, I totaly agree with that. AS i am leaving there link up at my page.

I just dont know? HMM i like that saying,,( I just dont know) Got kind of a ring to it.

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 06:45 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Suddenly it seems like i dont care if i get patted on the back from posting a kil
Damn, this boy matured 5 years in just 3 months. [Eek!] And I watched it with my own eyes. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Welcome to the world of predator hunting! Mostly, pics are reserved for "special" stuff. A 1 dog day ain't special, unless he's a 50 pounder. [Wink] (Right Sheri?)

[ September 29, 2006, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 07:12 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
I do like sharing stories and pics, but i aint lookin for anything out of it. NASA, You sir are surely worth 2 yrs of my aging,lol. Thank you.

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 07:49 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Bring plenty of those stories to the campout, then. Oh, and don't forget the hipboots, lol. [Big Grin]

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters