The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Who are We? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Who are We?
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 10:48 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
TA17,

"It was in considering my own demise..."

I'm already past the picking myself up, and dusting myself off. That is what I am good at.

The only reason I mentioned anyone passing, is because Lance nailed it on the head.

Steve,

I'll add my congratulations.

My brother Red would rather ride a good harescrambles than eat a ham sandwich, and he loves ham sandwiches.

NASA,

Like Steve, I've got a long list of competetive sports, and successes in those sports.
Whitewater kayacking, and predator calling, are the only ones to kick my ass.
Since I won't drown, I am able keep calling.

The idea of a calling contest thrills me.

But you gotta walk before you can run, and I am still learning to crawl.

Rich,

Thanks, a kind word from you will go a long ways towards helping with that (overall) mending (both in my real life, and on the internet).
I appreciate that.

Tim,

When you can type again, did you get the mail I sent you?

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
scruffy
Knows what it's all about
Member # 725

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 10:36 AM      Profile for scruffy           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, this year has been a milestone year for me as well.

It'll be 5 years in December since the tumor in my neck was found to be cancerous. This year also marks the first year that I'm as healthy, if not healthier, than I was 6 or 7 years ago when my health started to drop off. This year my daughter turned 1, alot changed when she was born, and now after a year I can really look back and catch my breath (and catch up on sleep) and appreciate what it is to be a dad.

I've also reached the point where I work and play too hard. Alot of us work too hard, but I spent too much time in my solo hobbies that I missed out spending time in hobbies that I enjoy with my wife. For instance my wife and I really enjoy riding the motorcycle. It's sat gathering dust all summer. Didn't make time to get it out, find a baby sitter, and go ride. I made the time once a week all summer to get out and enjoy the outdoors and practice up on new calls and such on a nearby farm, but didn't make time to spend with the wife doing things we both enjoy.

Yesterday the bike saw daylight and a short solo ride. Tonight after work the plan is for the daughter to go to the in-laws and the wife and I to take it out for a short spin. It gets dark early and she doesn't like riding in the dark (too many deer and other stuff running around anyway...). This past Saturday after a wedding I normally would have raced back to go calling with a buddy that called and invited to an evening stand but instead took advantage of having a baby sitter and some time with the wife alone and took her to a little hole in the wall restraunt in a town of 30 people that has the best ribs around (one of her favorite meals).

I'm also hoping this week to put a baby swing for my daughter, which is one of her favorite things to do. My daughter and I spend alot of time together since my wife works a couple evenings a week, and that has probably brought about alot of this change. My daughter doesn't care about my troubles, doesn't say any words of encouragement or correction , but she'll listen, she demands constant supervision, and lets me know when she is and isn't happy. And, like any good daughter, has her daddy wrapped around her finger, LOL!!! [Big Grin]

This past summer when she was really sick and the doctors didn't know why, antibiotics not working, talk of possible heart infections, tests, and worse case scenerio being a transplant, I've never been kicked in the gut so hard. I've never prayed so much or cried so much. Then, as fast as the sickness came on, it was gone. My little girl was back to normal, but I was not. Stuff like that changes you.

I charrish my time with my daughter. I'm trying to spend more time with my wife. I'm trying to spend more time with God, daily. I don't say "I don't have time to do that" anymore because it isn't true. I say "I'll make time". It's all about priorities, we make time for we think is important. My priorities have been changing and thus so has my time and finances.

Usually we don't know what we have until we've lost it. Somethings we'd be better off appreciating them more and hold onto tightly, while other things we'd be better off loosing because in the end they cause more harm than good. Too often it takes a dramatic event to cause us to look at the things in our lives to make that evaluation. And change isn't easy.

later,
scruffy

--------------------
Git R Done

Posts: 361 | From: south central Iowa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
REM223PA
Member # 332

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 10:49 AM      Profile for REM223PA   Email REM223PA         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty
I feel for ya pal, It maybe a little late but your in are prays and I am deeply sorry for your loss.

It can only get better pal

maybe this will help let you know who you are to some of us

I AM NEW TO THIS SIGHT BUT WOULD LIKE TO THANK KRUSTY FOR HELPING ME MAKE MEMORY'S

YOU DA MAN IN MY BOOK PAL!
all
were harvest last season

All 3 of these cats came to my krusty call he made me. all on a 3 day hunt
 -
On a cold night down south on the high rack this cat came a looken
for the same call,, the krusty duel voice call
 -
this call so good pal i dont need boots,, they come arunning
 -
do they work just on dogs and cats???
i think not!!!
 -
thanks krusty thats what some of us see you as..

and here is a good look at the DUEL VOICES CALL
 -

I HOPE I DIDN'T GO TO FAR JUST TRY TO LET KRUSTY KMNOW HOW HE LOOK TO ME
THANKS

[ October 04, 2006, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: REM223PA ]

--------------------
George W Ackley

Posts: 13 | From: PHILADELPHIA PA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 11:20 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Very Cool Rem! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2006 01:48 PM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I dont mean to sound too "bible thumping" but I feel all my good deeds are nothing but rags in the eyes of God unless I include him in my life and the things I do.

God provides me the time to do what ever I just wish I wouldnt fight him so much, but thats just me being human I guess.

Sorry I jumped into this late but its the life style I have now I have to hit or miss and go with the flow sorta speak. Thank God! ie; be careful what you ask for you might get what you want.

All I want to be remembered for is that the life I was given was what god willed for me. The closer I can get to him then just maybe I might get a look at the map hes looking at. Its been alot of ups and downs for me. I dont mind the downs so much, but its alot better if I understand.

I found a good read I recommend C.S. Lewis "Mere Christianity" check it out its a very good read. It really makes you think weather your a believer, or non believer....

[ October 14, 2006, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: RedRabbit ]

Posts: 241 | From: SE IDAHO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters