The New Huntmastersbbs!
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » in reguards to P.M. group hunting (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: in reguards to P.M. group hunting
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 06:11 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
ROFLMFAO

You Goofy bastard. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 06:31 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
JD,
I do believe that I like you. No,I'm sure of it. You are alright JD, I don't care WHAT TA said about you. [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 09:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay JD, now you've hit a nerve. I was born in Minnesota, and am careful turning my back on a Nebraskan.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 10:40 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to know if driving coyotes and killing them what is your % of each drive? How many coyotes avg do you kill off each drive? I would think your coyotes are not uncallable, I would think you need to modify some things but could still call them in? If your killing 137 a winter.

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 03:52 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Not to worry Leonard, the story was just for effect, I think. [Smile]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 04:09 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
JD LOL's You are trying to turn me into the person i'm not so i'm going back to the way i normally am and thats a nice guy, hey you win and i don't care. I'm still going to hunt coyotes my way, And by the way we got two more coyotes today.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5083 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 04:47 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Coyotewhacker: the percentage of kills per drive can very from day to day. Snow conditions, the cover the coyotes are in, the size of the section, number of blockers and so on. Today for example we got on two tracks right away in the A.M.. I took one track and another hunter took the other track. The coyote the other hunter was tracking went into some long grass and slipped into a hole in the ground. End of hunt for that coyote. The track i was on took me through two sections, and when i caught up to the coyote he was in the long grass. When the coyote got up it ran to the East and circled back around me to the south. I made a straight bee-line south in the grass and picked up the track heading back to the west and then finally it went north. I stayed on the track going north and pushed the coyote out of the grass. I never got a shot off and the coyote continued north and ran passed one of the blockers and got into next section.
We put a fresh tracker on the tracks and he headed north into a three mile section after the coyote. The coyote busted out of this section early and went west into another section which had some long grass in it, but was'nt very big.
This section is one of my favorite sections to get a coyote in, it has some nice rolling hills and water ways. We decided to use the killing box tactic, it has always produced for us in this section. We sent three hunters into this section, one is on the tracks and the other two come in from the north and the west and set-up on two small hills overlooking the grass. the tracker jumps the coyote out of the grass and as usual the coyote heads north. We waited for the coyote to pass into the kill zone and then one of the shooters took the shot and the coyote went down.
We make three or four drives a day plus some of the coyotes are shot by one of the crew on 1 on 1 hunts. Well today we tracked four coyotes and we got two. Last year we would shoot one or more coyotes a day, and our best day was six coyotes, everyone on the crew that day made a kill......
We don't want to kill them all, but we do try to hunt the areas that have two or more coyotes in it, and then maybe later we go after the singles... Do we get them all in a drive? No not always, but we do try......

Andy: you said in a previous post that when you walk into a stand and kick up a coyote, or see one loafing you pass on them.. Either you are B.S. us or you have lost heart, the will to hunt. And that is very sadd my friend.... I will continue to hunt till i can no longer walk or my heart no longer beats...

--------------------

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 05:38 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, just like to watch em come to the call. I got more heart than most, I would bet on it.

I had this conversation with Higgins a while back. Rich, do you kill every coyote you see? Do you kill every coyote you call? Do you kill em on the way to and from stands, if your not in a contest?

I enjoy hunting. Probably more than you could ever know. Maybe someday you can get that lucky. Coyotes fascinate the hell out of me.

I just reread your post and you can kiss my ass btw. I may be alot of things, but Im not any type of BS. I dont pretend to be shit. Can you say that? Edit. Rich is right. Its not worth the pissin match I was about to start. Just leave that if anyones full of shit, its you.

[ January 25, 2007, 03:33 AM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 05:47 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
yes please continue, get it all off youre chest.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 07:06 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TA17Rem,
You started this thread using my name in the title. I would appreciate it if you would start a new thread with a different title. Just let this one die please. Thanks in advance.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 08:02 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about that rich. will do..

--------------------

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2007 08:27 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
you said in a previous post that when you walk into a stand and kick up a coyote, or see one loafing you pass on them.. Either you are B.S. us or you have lost heart, the will to hunt.
Tim, with that statement as your criteria for classifying someone as full of shit you`ve included more than a few people on this & other boards.

I have personally let several coyotes walk in the last few years that could have easily been shot, because I didn`t call them. Not so much in the old days but anymore I don`t care to shoot a coyote that happens to wander across my path just because I can, I feel as though I`ve cheated myself in some way if I just blast at any & every coyote I see. There just isn`t any sense of accomplishment or satisfaction in it for me. That`s exactly the starting point from which I draw my conclusions about that type of hunting, it seems as though ANYTHING is fair game. As far as me trying to change who you are, I wouldn`t think of it, you do what you want to & feel good about it, I`m just conversing on a thread that struck me as interesting.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 03:36 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, Im not saying I dont like to kill coyotes. Im not saying I always have let em walk on the way in and out. But I do now, unless someone with me wants to pop away or the mood strikes, but not normally. They got enough dipshits that cant call coyotes or too lazy to, out cruisin the roads, suckin on a brew and slingin lead out the window at em.

Ill leave it at that.

[ January 25, 2007, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 04:13 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TA17Rem,
Thanks again. Don't kill ALL of those minnesota coyotes now. Chase some over my way instead. We need a few coyotes down here. [Cool]

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 09:43 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Over on P.M. I read a post that was just made today. This guy saw a coyote walking along a fence line in daytime and took a photo of it. Then he makes a smug statement to the effect that human intrusion into a coyote's living room has no effect on the effectiveness of calling them. This guy smugly implies that his sighting of a coyote walking down a fenceline in daytime is proof that these spooky coyotes can be called across open area's in daytime also. Interesting? LOL More importantly, this guy seems to believe that chasing coyotes with trucks don't effect calling those coyotes at all. WOW!

[ January 25, 2007, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Rich ]

--------------------

Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 10:00 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich

Time to get your medication checked!

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 10:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
PM? Seems like I have heard of it? Is that the Board that is geared toward the novice? At least that is what MM told me, once? Anybody recognize him?

-

Good hunting. LB

[ January 25, 2007, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 10:47 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
I pay the big bucks to advertise over there. There are more new callers showing up over there all of the time. I think it is a shame that someone who has been around coyotes for so many years could make such an ignorant statement. It seems to me that we should try to help these newcomers to our sport, not feed them such bad information like that. I figured that I could lure the guilty party over here on this board to spout off. It worked. LOL [Smile]

--------------------

Greenside
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 11:06 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
O great, ****** pile on Dennis. LOL

Edit: Dennis says smugly. "Anybody else have any excuses why they can't call coyote".

[ January 25, 2007, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Greenside ]

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 11:57 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Dennis. I have seventeen good excuses. [Smile] Heavy pressure, regardless of the source, still ranks number one.
IP: Logged
Greenside
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 12:07 PM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. but.....People still call and kill coyote in heavily pressured areas! [Smile] You of all people should know that fact. [Smile]

[ January 25, 2007, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Greenside ]

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 12:22 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Yes. but.....People still call and kill coyote in heavily pressured areas!"
---------------------------------------
All well and good Dennis, but that don't make it ok to make untrue statements does it? [Wink]

--------------------

Greenside
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 12:37 PM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... so it untrue that callers can call and kill coyote in areas that suffer from heavy truck pressure? [Smile]

Well golly [Smile] LOL

[ January 25, 2007, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Greenside ]

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 12:43 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes. but.....People still call and kill coyote in heavily pressured areas!
Yes Sir, and more than 300 people are struck and injured by lightning in the U.S. each year.
I am not going to remain indoors during thunder storms and I am not going to expect to call any numbers of coyotes in high pressure areas.
Unusual storm systems and deer, elk, quail,and javelina hunters all exert pressure (and DID this past weekend) and often have a very negative affect on calling responses.
Last weekend the annual Multi-Club hunt was held in Heber. Six clubs committed. PVCI won with six coyotes. The annual Save a Fawn hunt was held in Heber on Sun. One coyote was turned in.
I can take you to some areas of AZ. that used to produce good numbers of coyotes where you have a greater chance of being struck by lightning than calling in a coyote.
Contrary to the belief of many with limited experience, some coyotes cannot be called in.

IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2007 01:02 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Oh... so it untrue that callers can call and kill coyote in areas that suffer from heavy truck pressure?"
----------------
No Dennis, but leading folks to believe that the chasing of coyotes with trucks does not affect calling success sure enough is.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters