The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » St Francis (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: St Francis
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2008 09:18 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
He probably couldn't find anyone that could keep up with his "superhuman" stamina, lol. Q spends more time walking than he does driving.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2008 07:14 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
SO who's bringin' the sun screen. With temps. in the 50's on Sat., we'll be hunting in short sleeves and shorts! [Eek!]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2008 08:06 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I was out scouting this weekend and I saw tons and billions of pounds of snow everywhere. I saw big drifts in some places and I walked thru some areas with 8" snow and sometimes broke thru the crust of the previous 8" snow too. Some hard to get around in stuff, some easier. I think the area Andy and I will be hunting ought to be nice and muddy flzvored white!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2008 09:38 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I have a lot of friends that will be hunting the Mid-West this year.
Good luck to all of you.

IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 07:37 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go again. I slipped on the ice in the parking lot after work and dislocated my shoulder. Don't look for me at St. Francis. [Frown]
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 09:22 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Ill be damned. Hope your OK Tom. Missin another chance to meet up. [Frown]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 01:46 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang Tom! And I thought that it was my kid who was accident prone!

Just take a couple of vicoden, and maybe you can get Loco to drive?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 07:02 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Man Tom, you've had more than your share of ups and downs lately. No pun intended. Take care of yourself, and the good news is this warm weather will get rid of a bunch of that slippery stuff!

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 07:20 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

Sorry to hear about the fall. Recover quickly.

Good luck to all at the hunt. Looks like a good roster. Talked to Q the other night, still finalizing with his partner. Should be interesting.

For those interested, the NE KS Coyote Challenge is still taking entries until 1/12. Based out of Manhattan, Kansas and structured this year exactly like the Midwest

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2008 08:22 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
It was my own fault. I was rushing to get to the Post Office before they closed, to see if Rich had shipped my 24" Bushmaster Varmint Special upper yet. It's been 4 weeks and I'm getting concerned. Now, I can't drive for 3 more days so I don't know if it's sitting there waiting for me, or not. [Frown]

[ January 04, 2008, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2008 08:32 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know when you'll get the upper, the lower should be at Grampa's by now. Good luck with it.
IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2008 09:37 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Just talked to Rich and it's going out today. Can't wait to put the two pieces together. [Big Grin]
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2008 09:17 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
St. Francis weather report says 30 mph gusts blew away the spring-like temps on Saturday. Contestants woke to light snow showers and 10 kt breezes this morning.
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 06:22 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven`t heard the results yet but I did hear from a reliable source that right after the event on Sunday afternoon there was going to be a "gun signing" which would give opportunity for anyone to take their favorite rifle & have it signed by some of the nations finest predator callers. I`m anxious to hear how that went.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 11:53 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 12:09 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL?? What kind of first hand report is that? [Confused]

Give us the real poop!

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 12:29 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
The winners were new guys. Timyer and someone else. 11 coyotes tied for first and second. The winner (which I think is VERY appropriate) was determined by total weight of the coyoes. Les brought in 10 coyotes but not sure if he placed 3rd or not.

OOooops, gotta run. I'll post more later.

--------------------

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 05:02 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
30 mph gusts I think was a little on the low end of what we had on Sat. It was miserable to say the least. We stuck it out long enough to call one double at about 9:30, and then my partner got some dust or sand in his eye and ended up loosing a contact at about 1:30, so we headed for the truck and that was that. We did drive around a little Sat. eve. getting a game plan for Sun. morning. We got 7 more stands in on Sun. morning which produced 5 called/4 dead coyotes and that was that. Sat. we got in 14 stands which produced two called coyotes/one dead. 5 coyotes got us in a 5 way tie for 11th, and I suppose since 4 of ours were females and none of them got drug through any snow for added weight, our 5 weighed the least of the 5 teams with 5. 10 pounds and/or 1 coyote out of the money! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 05:53 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though we could not compete Nick and I made the trip to see everybody and visit. We got to talk to a lot of people and even got to meet a few new guys on the board here. Congrats to everybody that was in the contest. Hope to see you next year.
Jeremy Gugelmeyer

Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 06:19 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
It sure was nice to meet a few of you.

TR, you and your partner are great guys. The loan of the snowshoes was greatly appreciated.

Jeremy, it was very nice to meet you as well.

Q, I wish we could have had time to talk longer. Good to meet you.

I saw Wiley, but it was so damned crowded I didnt get over there. By the time it thinned out, we had to run. I regret not getting to meet you.

--------------------
Andy

JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 06:23 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy it was nice to meet you. I looked for you on Sunday but never found you to talk to you.
Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 06:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, I kinda miss not being there, myself. Just for the meet and greet. Now, if JeremyKS would set me up with prime real estate next year, I might attend.

Good hunting. LB

PS even half way decent real estate?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31667 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 11:08 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
I was predicting 18 or 20 to take it this year. Eleven is very good but I just thought with so many teams so widely dispersed some one would have hit a good lick and get into some serious densities. As popular as coyote hunting is getting and at this time of the year 11 was probably about right though. I think the way coyote calling is expanding in popularity it is going to be harder and harder to find good densities.

It was good to be there at the meeting and to shake hands with new friends and old. I had not talked to Scott for ages and spent most of my time catching up. Les came over to the table and visited for a while. He was doing good but looked worn out. I think he has a very busy schedule this time of year. LOL Didn’t slow him down though. He was one off from victory.

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2008 08:31 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy,
I didnt stick around. I had a long way to go and headed on home. Im glad I did too. We about got blown away last night and I would have been paniced bad if I had been on the road and not here with my wife and boys.

Im leaving this afternoon to go an hour or so south of here to help my cousin. He lost his house, barn, haybarn, machine shed, shop, gooseneck trailer, several big round bales of hay, 4 horses and they are still shooting crippled cattle in the bottom, from a tornado last night.

Bad deal.

We will hook up next year.

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 07:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw a headline, Tomatoes ravage the Midwest! Damn! I'm glad I wasn't involved! LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31667 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters