The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Memorial Service for an Old Friend (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Memorial Service for an Old Friend
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 30, 2008 06:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, I think I know the reason. Brad is probably a Democrat? See below:

A woman, married three times, walked into a bridal shop one day and told the sales clerk that she was looking for a wedding gown for her fourth wedding.

'Of course, madam,' replied the sales clerk, 'exactly what type and color are you looking for?'

The bride to be said, 'A long frilly white dress with a veil.'

The sales clerk hesitated a bit, then said, 'Please don't take this the wrong way, but gowns of that nature are considered more appropriate for brides who are being married the first time - for those who are a bit more innocent, if you know what I mean. Perhaps ivory or sky blue would be nice?'

'Well,' replied the customer, a little peeved at the clerk's directness, 'I can assure you that a white gown would be quite appropriate. Believe it or not, despite all my marriages, I remain as innocent as a first-time bride. You see, my first husband was so excited about our wedding he died as we were checking into our hotel. My second husband and I got into such a terrible fight in the limo on our way to our honeymoon that we had that wedding annulled immediately and never spoke to each other again.'

'What about your third husband?' asked the sales clerk.

'That one was a Democrat,' said the woman, 'and every night for four years, he just sat on the edge of the bed and told me how good it was going to be, but nothing ever happened.'

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31582 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2008 07:08 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
Glad to hear that Sheri got through surgery without any real complicatins. I guess you're right, prayers can work miracles!

[ June 30, 2008, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: bucksnort ]

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 12:12 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri, we're grateful for the good report. I don't know you personally but was very concerned and praying for you. Big relief.
Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Knows what it's all about
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 02:35 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri,
We are happy for yea [Big Grin] very happy

So has the natural gas man been out to your place yet????
I know some people in Bradford that are getting paid pretty good. just wondering if they getting rich over in your neck of the woods

2,000 A Acer & a percentage of the take

[ July 01, 2008, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 02:55 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
WOOOO HOOOOO Super happy to hear it Sheri. Thank you for taking perfectly good REST time to up-dateify us!!! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 04:38 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Very, very glad to hear this news!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2008 07:56 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Been sleeping alot today. Had a bit of a scary moment. I was talking to Ronnie on the phone then had to cut him short when this stream of blood came running down my neck. I panicked, but Jamie stayed cool and called the Doc. It turns out that this is a good thing. He said it's just my drain doing it's job and getting rid of excess blood. Okie Dokie...

I still have great looking lips. Managing the pain with just tylenol now. And of course taking my antibiotics.

I go Thursday to the Doc's while they change the dressing. You know what... I will even look... do you know why... because it doesn't matter... I'M CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe... ok... it's back to sleep for a little while longer.

Thank You Everyone!!! I just wish there was a word that was better than Thank You!

-

[ July 01, 2008, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Crow Woman ]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 04:41 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Your attitude is inspiring Sheri. So glad to hear that. Just remember that the bandages and all are temporary and that in time, they'll all be gone but you'll still be here to raise hell. My sister-in-law is just starting her battle against cancer. her progress is going better than even her oncologist was expecting, but she began losing her hair this week and it's playing on her a lot.

Success stories like yours mean a lot right now.
Best of luck.

Lance

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2008 03:34 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll continue praying for your recovery Sheri and a good report from your follow-up exams.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 10 posted July 03, 2008 04:22 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
I got bored before the Doc's appointment today... I had this lovely blank canvas and decided to create... [Big Grin]

-

We are getting there... I have two eyes to see now [Cool]

-

[ July 03, 2008, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Crow Woman ]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2008 04:33 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, My attitude wasn't always like this. This has been such an emotional struggle for me. On the outside it was so easy to do the joking route, but on the inside I was in pieces. It got closer to the surgery and something clicked... oh well... get r'done. So that moment, I guess I grabbed ahold of my cahonies and moved forward. Grabbed ahold of faith, prayers, friends and gave it all up to the big guy.

I'm so happy I chose the right path in the end. I got my laugh back... and I have been having some amazing prayers answered.

Much prayers are being sent your way Lance for your S-I-L. You can give her my email addie if you want.

I got the biggest prayer answered today when I got home... I got a temporary medicaid approval with pay down program. Just a little money I will have to come up with, but, that is ok with me. It is only issued for this illness. I'm feeling so blessed right now!

Again, Thank You Everyone!

Now lets get back to some hunting [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2008 05:36 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri,

I'll pass it along to her tomorrow when the family is all together. Like I said, she began losing her hair the other day and as much as she'd prepared herself for that eventuality, she's still upset. I plan to remind her that hers fell out in a matter of days. I've endured this torture for going on about fifteen years now. I told her that I was going to cut all my hair off as a show of support, and I did. [Wink]

I can't tell the difference in how I look. [Frown]

(AS a matter of fact, the little frowny guy ^^^ there has about the right amount of hair to look like me. [Smile] )

[ July 03, 2008, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 14 posted July 07, 2008 05:03 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is... I remember that face... and there is no hole in my cheek anymore [Big Grin] [Cool]

-

I feel so danged good! All of the stitches come out next monday!

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2008 10:28 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! You look great! That's not bad at all for this close to the surgery. I figured you would still be black and green from chin to hairline, and was praying for no mishapen parts. You're gonna heal up fine, and they usually do a few follow up tweaks to get make it better if needed. Seriously, you look great.
Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2008 06:14 AM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri,

glad all is good

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2008 06:47 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
I had suspected that you were having health issues last time we talked, but you didn’t talk about it. I had no clue until I clicked in and read this. I’m happy things are working out. Those scars don’t look so bad, you look lots better than I did after my buddy let Jim Beam drive and my head went through the passenger window, well….. even before for that matter, but I am talking specifically about the cuts and bruises. [Big Grin]
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2008 04:24 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bryan... how's that future hunting buddy of yours doing?

Yes, I'm doing wonderful. All of the stitches are gone. Just a very strict, extensive skin regiment that I have to do every 3 hours and now I have to massage my face whenever I think about it or every three hours. I guess this will help prevent scar tissue from forming or something like that.

I never have been very good at sharing my problems, have I? [Big Grin]

Oh well, it's all good now. I need to make an appt with a skin guy now. I've had a spot on my back that has been itching for about 4-5 monthes now. You can't see anything, but the itch has been terrible. After what they found on my face, it's better to be safe than sorry, donchaknow [Wink]

George and Okanegan(sp?)... Thank You!

[ July 15, 2008, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Crow Woman ]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2008 07:26 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the last pic... aren't you glad by now... [Big Grin]

Feeling Great... just waiting to hear that I can go back to the gym and can go back outside to get some hunting in.

-

Cancer Free and Loving Life! May Creator Bless You Each as Much as He has blessed me... Be Well

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2008 07:04 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri, thanks for the update. Stay well and keep us posted. I want to hear about your first foray into your coyotes living room.
IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2008 11:51 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news, and looking good.

My Sis in law has made it through her second round of chemo and all the swollen nodes they could feel are gone. She is in Colorado at a family event this weekend, then will be home next week in time for a PET scan and her third round. Your updates are timely and encouraging since all too often, all we hear about are those that fight but do not win. Keep the good karma comin'!!!

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters