The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » A couple of rare shots from the campout (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: A couple of rare shots from the campout
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2009 08:51 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your sister Leonard.

Condolences,from my family and I...

[ November 10, 2009, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2009 09:04 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I had a great time at the campout this year. Great to see everyone again. I have to say, the trip out there was not quite as enjoyable. The foreshadow to things to come was when RShaw recieved a speeding ticket in Lorenzo(?) Tx. The fact that the citation was a 'speeding' ticket should have been warning to us that bad things awaited. Like Q responded when he heard Randy got a ticket....."for what, holding up traffic?" Anyway, I had a great pic of Randy giving his autograph, but it disappeared along with the camera, two custom rifles, a volquertson 17hmr, and one pair of zeiss binos. I am sure the low life peice of f@#*ing sh!t bastards are putting them to good use [Mad] . Anyway, spare rifles were retrieved from the tool box, and the trip went on. We still managed to kill some coyotes, and really did have a good time.....may have something to do with the margaritas we seemed to find most every evening.....lol.

Anyway, here are the few pics I had.....can't wait till next year. Thanks to LB and Reeves for the meals.......Maintain

RShaw demonstrating proper 'hole huffing' technique
 -
Rshaw and Patrick demonstrating the practice of pointing your barrel in the direction of the coyotes anticipated approach
 -
Paul Melching
 -
[IMG]
Sunrise
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l13/CrossJ/09campout023.jpg[/IMG]
Someones tent set up next to the bush everyone used for a latrine. [Big Grin]
 -
Plenty of refreshments for all
 -

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2009 09:18 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit, I drank that coolaid [Big Grin] Oh well...

LB my condolences to you sir.

Crossj, I just cant believe people do that crap, geez. Hopefully they shoot themselves.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Joel Hughes
SPECIAL GUEST
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2009 09:51 PM      Profile for Joel Hughes           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Camaraderie all around!
Posts: 145 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2009 11:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, Geordie! You really let the cat out of the bag on exactly how AR sets up a stand. He's gonna be pissed! I think we have all learned a valuable leason, today.

That's a terrible thing that happened to you guys, but what did Patrick lose? Nothing? Anyway, I always worry, and that event won't make it any easier. The thing is, they won't get 10% of what that stuff is worth and most likely, nobody they try to sell the guns to are going to know what they have. I know a guy that, (for that very reason) didn't engrave any helpful chambering info on the barrel; or, if he did, he wrote it on the underneath side. Not a bad idea. Not perfect, but still, not a bad idea.

I was told, when I had my first 25'06AI stolen, that custom stuff eventually winds up in Mexico. It turned out to be partially true because, (get this) a Combat Commander 45, taken at the same time was returned to me ten years later. It was recovered from a Mexican in National City, CA, which is practically on the border. Of course, none of the rest of the stuff ever turned up, but it's in the data base forever.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2009 06:46 AM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, sorry to hear about your sister. Rich, my condolences for your loss. MI VHNTR

[ November 11, 2009, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: MI VHNTR ]

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2009 07:56 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Condolences to Leonard & Rich.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2009 09:16 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for your loss, both of you, Leonard and Rich.

My partner Tim's mother passed away day before yesterday too.

Crummy week...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2009 11:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Guilt trip warning!

Dave, if there is one name I hear repeatedly, it's: When's DAA going to make the campout?
(no bs)

Good hunting. LB

edit: Cal Tayler, too. A very close call. But, maybe your guns are prettier?

[ November 11, 2009, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

skoal
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1492

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2009 02:11 PM      Profile for skoal           Edit/Delete Post 
Kool-Aid! I thought that was the mist I sprayed half the county with it........
Posts: 251 | From: desert s.w. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2009 03:48 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, THAT would explain the air quality alert we had the other day. Everybody thought that it was smoke from a fire. Cactus are dying & the Gila Monster rut stopped. We were afaid it was the End-Times. Good to know it was just Kool-Aid!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2009 06:18 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I was super disapointes that I was unable to make it. Was Cal' able to make it afterall? I would love to meet Dave face to face.

I too was sad to hear of your loss Leonard, Rich, and Tim. I have looked forward to this year's campout for a year now but thinkgs just never came together for me to make it. Dag dern it!

I'll be there next year Lord willing. Say whateber happened to NOrm'? Did Tom 22-250 make it yet? Has his home been rebuilt after the fire?

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2009 07:18 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate the kind thoughts.
IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2009 10:55 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences to all. I always hate to hear of people I care about having bad times. However, I havent heard anything but sorry for your loss.

What happened?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2009 12:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In the case of my sister, Donna. When she returned to Tacoma between Christmas and New Year, last year, she was diagnosed with lung cancer. At that point, they began the chemo and radiation and 5 months later, the cancer had spread so they ceased the attempt at a cure and concentrated on prolonging life and the prognosis, if that's the right word was "maybe" two years? She didn't even make one year, and yes, she was a smoker. It's still a shock, of course. She was (pretty much) all alone up there, (my brother is in Olympia) and her 3 kids are all thousands of miles away & she had three ex husbands. She didn't have an easy life; may she rest in peace.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2009 10:33 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Im truely sorry to hear that LB. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2009 04:36 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
LB & RH, Sorry to hear the bad news . our prayers and thought are with yea.
Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pilgrim on Earth
Member # 314

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2009 07:44 PM      Profile for Pilgrim on Earth   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about your loss, Leonard.
Posts: 54 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2009 07:31 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard and Rich sorry to hear of your losses and my sympathy to both of you and your families.

Shaw and Geordie!! LOL!!!!! But sorry to hear about the stolen stuff. You should have went north, to cold up here for that to happen!!! Speed ticket in Texas, that's like getting an indecent exposure in a whore house!! It must be those "SHOW ME" plates!! Or maybe it was TT student trooper???

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2009 08:07 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Speed ticket in Texas, that's like getting an indecent exposure in a whore house!!
LOL, Kinda what I was thinking. When the cop asked Randy.."Do you know why I stopped you?"

Randy replied..."cause I was the only one slow enough for you to catch??"

Probably didnt help the cause huh? I think you may be on to something with the TT angle...lol.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2009 09:34 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,

Did you give the cop the lecture we heard last year around the fire as to why you weren't wearing your seat belt?!?! [Eek!]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2009 08:45 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard and Rich, I'm real sorry about your loses.

While you guys were having the Ronde, I was moving my Quad Trailer and Travel Trailer up to the Az Strip, Unit 12b. I had a real good tag this year and wanted to get a really big muley. I ended up with Bambi on Steriods is all. I tagged a fairly nice 3x3. I went up a week early to scout during the muzzleloader hunt and saw four real nice bucks. On opening morning, I saw a nice buck but passed. It was at least a 4x4, but it was just too early in the season. A friend drove over Friday evening from north LA to join in on the fun for the next four days. I really wanted to get something while he was around. On Monday evening, I pulled a muscle in my right arm putting back a rancher's wire gate. It was on the real tight side. I decided right then I had better plan on shooting anything half way decient while I had some help the next day. I didn't feel my old body was up to pulling in anything big with my ole body. It is hell getting over 55. I'm glad you guys had a good time, and I hope I can join you next year.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters